New printable luggage tags

poodlewamp

From your TA or Princess, since all we got last April on Crown was printing them & the putting packaging tape across both sides, cutting them out & stapling to bags. We were carry on so they made on on the plane, hotel & ride to ship.

I am going Nov 28 on Voyager and I did the on line registration and at the end it ask do you want luggage tags and they mailed them to me.

From your TA or Princess, since all we got last April on Crown was printing them & the putting packaging tape across both sides, cutting them out & stapling to bags. We were carry on so they made on on the plane, hotel & ride to ship.

That was on a RCCL ship, not Princess.

In between the fold I put part of an index card to make them sturdy along with sealing them with packing tape mine were going no where. We had a tough time removing them from the luggage in the cabin.

Great suggestion!

If you bring scissors to cut them off, I've read there is a size limit in your carryon bag so we'll put them in our checked bag.

Just wondering since it wasn’t covered in other posts, can a black and white printer be used? Have access to an industrial monster that can make indestructible tags but no color.

B&W is just fine. Color is just to make them look pretty.

If you haven't seen this link in other threads about the luggage tags, here is a re-usable tag designed specifically for the Princess luggage tags.

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

I honestly don't see the big deal with printing out one's luggage tags. It's not new, been around for a while, and most of the cruiselines are doing it.

Thanks for posting this site. Ordered the re-usable tag holders and received them in 3 days.

Evelyn

wE ARE SCHEDULED FOR A CARIBBEAN CRUISE, THIS NOVEMBER.

LAST TIME WE CRUISED WE RECEIVED LUGGAGE TAGS THROUGH THE CRUISE COMPANY. I SEE NOW THEY HAVE STOPPED DOING THIS, AND YOU HAVE TO PRINT OUT YOUR OWN TAGS !!

LUGGAGE TAGS OUT OF FOLDED PRINTER PAPER DOESN'T LOOK

TO ME AS IF THEY WOULD HOLD UP VERY WELL ??

HAS ANYBODY USED THEM, AND DID THEY ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION INTACT ON YOUR BAGS ???

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

B.J.

P.S. WE HAD THOUGH OF PUTTING A PLASTIC COATING ON THEM BEFORE HAND ~~~

Answers are Yes and Yes. Don't put them on until you are ready to board the ship and please take your CAPS LOCK OFF!!

I saw a post where someone said she used these luggage tag holders from her flight in Chicago to the cruise ship and home again and they held up very well.

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

I never thought to use them for air travel (I have them for my cruises), but she said she's going to put her itinerary in them for air travel and I think that's a great idea.

We've been printing our for several years now with other cruise lines. I usually print them on colored cardstock and laminate them. Then punch a hole in the top and attach them with cable ties. They've always held up. I have folded them per instructions and they seem pretty sturdy. I do take extras with me just in case.

If you don't have a laminator, using packing tape as others have suggested would work as well, but I would still attach them with cable ties.

Foir our cruise in JUly flying to London, I bought the plastic badge holders at the local Office supply store. They came 10 in a pkg. For a tie I bought the colored velcro strips also from office supply 10 in a pkg. printed the luggage tag folded , put in holder attached velcro through slot at the top ,slipped around luggage handle and back through slot . This held perfectly from California to Denver , to London and to the ship in perfect condition. Resusable for next cruise and more. I also print iinerary and put it on top of clothes inside suitcase. hope this helps

Foir our cruise in JUly flying to London, I bought the plastic badge holders at the local Office supply store. They came 10 in a pkg. For a tie I bought the colored velcro strips also from office supply 10 in a pkg. printed the luggage tag folded , put in holder attached velcro through slot at the top ,slipped around luggage handle and back through slot . This held perfectly from California to Denver , to London and to the ship in perfect condition. Resusable for next cruise and more. I also print iinerary and put it on top of clothes inside suitcase. hope this helps

Are the badge holders long enough for the luggage tag? Can you remember the brand name? This is a great idea. Also, putting a copy of the itinerary inside your luggage; I do this, too.

I actually print them on full label sheets, cover the one side with clear packing tape, remove the paper coating from the other side and bend and fold - works every time (and easier than punching holed and putting ties through them). :)

I actually print them on full label sheets, cover the one side with clear packing tape, remove the paper coating from the other side and bend and fold - works every time (and easier than punching holed and putting ties through them). :)

Brilliant! I have "laminated" them with packing tape in the past, then attached them using more packing tape, but this sounds better!

LAST TIME WE CRUISED WE RECEIVED LUGGAGE TAGS THROUGH THE CRUISE COMPANY. I SEE NOW THEY HAVE STOPPED DOING THIS, AND YOU HAVE TO PRINT OUT YOUR OWN TAGS !!

HAS ANYBODY USED THEM, AND DID THEY ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION INTACT ON YOUR BAGS ???

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

B.J.

We printed ours on white card, but didn't put them on till we got to our destination airport. No problem. And please take your CAPS LOCK OFF!

no issues with the paper tags.. on my last cruise I used them folded as instructed with a stapler (borrowed from an airport counter) and they arrived in my room in tact.

I do have a question about them, and figured this thread would do

I do not have access to a colour printer, nor am I aware of where one could access one here (language barrier) and does it matter if they are printed in black and white?

It looks like they just recently dropped the shipping charges on these as well.

Yes indeed, they did! Although it wasn't much in absolute terms, the shipping charge did stop me from buying them. Now, however, I'm going to order some. Thanks for the head's up!

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

B.J.

LOL---:) We had the exact same thought and laminated ours at the local Office Depot, had them hole punch the top and used rubber bands to secure them to our luggage---they held up great...I am sure the papers ones must be fine though; otherwise there would have been lots of complaints and a change in policy.

Archived