Voyager resturants please

PG13

Can you give me recent information about the resturants on Voyager.

I posted on Everything Voyager, but it's gone dead, too far back. I know about the main dining room and the buffet area, but what else is there?

I understand there are several pay to dine resturants. What are they? What food do they offer? DH doesn't care for lobster and isn't a fan of steak or lamb. Are there other great food there, where. He perfers chicken and pork, oriental type food. Anyway, I anciously await your response. It's so fun to learn about the things you have to look forward to. Thanks, Pat

Can you give me recent information about the resturants on Voyager.

I posted on Everything Voyager, but it's gone dead, too far back. I know about the main dining room and the buffet area, but what else is there?

I understand there are several pay to dine resturants. What are they? What food do they offer? DH doesn't care for lobster and isn't a fan of steak or lamb. Are there other great food there, where. He perfers chicken and pork, oriental type food. Anyway, I anciously await your response. It's so fun to learn about the things you have to look forward to. Thanks, Pat

The only pay resturants on VY are portofino, italian and Johnny Rockets,burgers, they did have a large Asian offering in the Windjammer

Main dining room had plenty to choose from.:) Actually, we did not have a lobster offering (because it was a European sailing), but I didn't miss it (because I have an allergic reaction to it) and neither did my husband. The food was pretty good in the main dining room. Windjammers was OK. The day we were going to go to Johnny Rockets it wa closed for some reason (some type of work they were doing on it), but I have enjoyed going there for a quick burger in the past. Enjoy yourself on this ship! Oh, main dining room offers breakfast and lunch on select days, - take advantage of this. It's nice to be seated and order off the menu. No hunting for a table (and I tend to find too many good things on the buffet anyways and overeat).

One other offering at Portofino is the Wine Pairing. The menu us set, but you will be able to have 5 different wines, each one matched perfectly to the course being served. It is truly an outstanding dining experience.

It is a fee based evening...Upon return home, we were amazed at the price point for the wines and the rarity. Worth every penny.

I totally agree, the 1st 2 cruise we didn't go to main dining room for lunch and breakfast, but really love it now. It's peaceful and we too over eat too so we avoid the buffets. I like being served. Are you saying they change where you can get a sit down breakfast and lunch? I'm sure they tell you in their daily news letter, what does RC call theirs? Thanks, Pat

Main dining room had plenty to choose from.:) Actually, we did not have a lobster offering (because it was a European sailing), but I didn't miss it (because I have an allergic reaction to it) and neither did my husband. The food was pretty good in the main dining room. Windjammers was OK. The day we were going to go to Johnny Rockets it wa closed for some reason (some type of work they were doing on it), but I have enjoyed going there for a quick burger in the past. Enjoy yourself on this ship! Oh, main dining room offers breakfast and lunch on select days, - take advantage of this. It's nice to be seated and order off the menu. No hunting for a table (and I tend to find too many good things on the buffet anyways and overeat).

This is one thing I really don't like about the voyager. I don't like Italian food. There is no Chops. Johnny Rockets is not really that good. However, the main dining is just fine with me anyhow and she is a lovely ship.

Portofino is not actually very Italian. It's really generic continental. Have you tried it?

Not much of a wine person, wine pairing??? Sounds interesting. Part of the price you pay? How many courses for the price?

One other offering at Portofino is the Wine Pairing. The menu us set, but you will be able to have 5 different wines, each one matched perfectly to the course being served. It is truly an outstanding dining experience.

It is a fee based evening...Upon return home, we were amazed at the price point for the wines and the rarity. Worth every penny.

Cafe Promenade free? Windjammer the buffet area?

Food venues on Voyager.....

Main Dining Room

Windjammer

Portofino's.... Italian

Johnny Rocket's.... Greasy burgers, hot dogs, a few other choices

Cafe Promenade... pizza, small sandwiches, snacks

Room Service

I totally agree, the 1st 2 cruise we didn't go to main dining room for lunch and breakfast, but really love it now. It's peaceful and we too over eat too so we avoid the buffets. I like being served. Are you saying they change where you can get a sit down breakfast and lunch? I'm sure they tell you in their daily news letter, what does RC call theirs? Thanks, Pat

Pat, on Royal Caribbean you will get the Cruise Compass every evening in your cabin. It's great to plan out your upcoming day. We take a highlighter. :)

In the main dining room, you will be seated and served your breakfast or lunch. In the Windjammer buffet, you get your own food and find your own table.

The MDR does have the "Tutti Salad Bar". You tell the server what you want, and s/he will mix it all up in a big metal bowl and then plate it for you. It is a very popular lunch option these days.

Cafe Promenade free? Windjammer the buffet area?

Yes, the Windjammer is the buffet area. The food in the Cafe Promenade is included in your cruise fare as is the regular coffee, tea, and hot chocolate that is located there. They also have large metal containers of iced water. Specialty coffees have a charge as does soda and drinks from the bar that is located there. Ice cream also has a charge.

The only pay resturants on VY are portofino, italian and Johnny Rockets,burgers, they did have a large Asian offering in the Windjammer

Hello, what time of the day did they offer Asian dishes? Any rolls??? Thanks ahead of time.

Earl

Voyager out of Galveston typically offers one Indian dish in the main dining room each night. There are usually Asian dishes offered at lunch in the WIndjammer. Lots of chicken dishes are offered both places. A grilled chicken breast at dinner is one of the always available items. There are usually two differnt pork dishes offered in the dinng room at dinner on two different nights. Portofino is $20 pp and has fish, steak(I think the filet is just as good as the filet in Chops on other ships), pork (I think) as well as salads, appetizers, soups and pastas. Johnny Rocket's is $4.95 for burgers. Sodas and shakes are not included, but you can order all the food you want for the price.

This is one thing I really don't like about the voyager. I don't like Italian food. There is no Chops. Johnny Rockets is not really that good. However, the main dining is just fine with me anyhow and she is a lovely ship.

My DH doesn't care much for Italian food, but the food at Portofino's is more "Continental" than what most people think of as Italian. He adores the fillet mignon there. There is also a seafood skewer with lobster on it. I'll see if I can attach the menu here.

Portofino_Menu.pdf

• 1 month later...

So thanks to everyone, I feel like I have a better idea of what C has to offer. Can't wait to be on board. Thanks, Pat

Here's the Portifino dessert menu, too. My favorite is the one where you get to taste 3 desserts.

I don't recall an Asian section in the buffet, at least not for lunch.

The buffet on deck 11 has two sections -- the Windjammer and the Island Grill.

The Island Grill has some of the same selections as the Windjammer, plus burgers, and a section in the middle that varies with cooked-to-order ltems like pasta or Asian stir fry. (Maybe that's the Asian part someone was remembering.)

This center part is also the place for omelets in the morning, though there can be quite a wait.

To the left of this (facing the food) is a place for freshly fried eggs in the morning.

The Island Grill also has tacos and nacho cheese sauce starting at 3pm.

The Island Grill is back of the Windjammer, and is often less crowded.

On sea days for lunch, try the Tutti salad in the MDR.

There will also be lunch by the pool once or twice, something like jerk chicken and tacos.

Cafe Promenade on deck 5 is open 24 hours, and has great free Seattle's Best coffee. I mix mine with a packet of hot chocolate for a free mocha.

I read that the Mariner OTS (replacing the Voyager OTS in Galveston next year) does have an Asian section in the buffet.

Archived