Adventure Vs Mariner

KAWS

We've sailed the Mariner (loved her) and we're booked with some cruise virgins on the Adventure. I THINK they are the same class ship, but if someone has sailed on both, can you give me a comparison?

I want this cruise experience to be their first, not their last. Anything you can tell me about the similarities or differences would be appreciated.

We have done both......you will love the AOS....Portofino's and Chops on the AOS were better because you couldn't hear the kids above you..in the kiddie programs like you could on teh Mariner

I thought the AOS had only Portofino and no Chops??

Thanks,

TnT

Balconies look different. The Mariner balconies have more glass.

Mariner balconies- :D

humpcabintouchedup.jpg

Adventure balconies. :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=50871&d=1183983198

I have sailed the Mariner 4 times and would take her over the Adventure which I have sailed 3 times.

We have done both......you will love the AOS....Portofino's and Chops on the AOS were better because you couldn't hear the kids above you..in the kiddie programs like you could on teh Mariner

I am a bit curious as to how you went to Chop's on Adventure. When was it added to the ship?.

I am a bit curious as to how you went to Chop's on Adventure. When was it added to the ship?.

Sorry i mistated...while we were on teh Mariner...we could hear the kids club abouve our heads...(Chops)

While we sailed on teh AOS we had great service in Portofino's...and no little kids running over our heads....Sorry...:(

The Windjammer on the Adventure is about the worst buffet at sea as far as food quality and variety are concerned. The Mariner is much better if that is a factor in your decision.

We've been on 6 RCCL ships and the Windjammer on Adventure last winter seemed the same as all the rest. All have been acceptable buffet's, no more no less.

I have no idea why a certain poster above keeps saying that the two ships are virtually identical except for decor. There is a big difference in balcony structure on the two ships as has also been pointed out above.

I agree, they are far from identical. In addition to the differences already stated above, AOS has Adventure Beach on the back of the ship which has a small slide and pool. The Mariner has a larger teen area in place of Adventure Beach.

Sorry i mistated...while we were on teh Mariner...we could hear the kids club abouve our heads...(Chops)

While we sailed on teh AOS we had great service in Portofino's...and no little kids running over our heads....Sorry...:(

No need to be sorry. I just don't want people who have not sailed on Adventure getting the idea that there is a Chop's aboard. That is how erroneous information starts getting posted as fact on these boards.

Archived