Coffee on Oceania?

Joy R

I ordered the medium whole bean (named Normale), there is also the dark and de-caf in the whole bean. I wonder if there is a difference in the auto drip and whole bean in terms of taste? I don't care for really strong coffee either, so i hope the medium will be medium :)

Lynne

It all depends on the bean & how it is roasted you may get a dark roast but when it is brewed could be a mild or medium taste

http://www.coffeeresearch.org/coffee/roasting.htm

http://www.beansncoffee.com/

The problem I've had at night with the self serve station in Terrace Cafe is there is no cream or milk. One time I came across a

I only drink coffee in the morning and some would not call me a "real" coffee drinker because I love

flavored creams in my coffee. That is one thing

I wish Oceania offered. :o

In the morning at the Terrace Cafe I usually order cafe con leche/cafe au lait, basically wanting 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot milk. I used to order a cappucino at breakfast but I switched to cafe con leche because the cappucino coffee was too strong for my taste buds, and I was adding more sugar to it! The decaf American-style coffee I have after dinner is unremarkable in my memory, probably because I am very focused on the yummy desserts at dinner. :) (BTW, I always ask that my coffee be served with my dessert, which I want, or else it will be served after dessert is consumed.)

I look forward to trying the new brand of coffee on Marina.

Pam-

The trick to this is in ordering a post dinner cognac. :D

Then, your coffee will be served with the dessert, because the cognac is considered the digestif......;)

cognac-warmer.jpg

And they serve Cognac so beautifully on Oceania......

(BTW, I always ask that my coffee be served with my dessert, which I want, or else it will be served after dessert is consumed.)

We always just order coffee when we order dessert

Usually arrives with the dessert

Pam-

Then, your coffee will be served with the dessert, because the cognac is considered the digestif......;)

cognac-warmer.jpg

Oooooo, I have to order one on our next cruise! :D

Thanks for the picture!

Pam-

cognac-warmer.jpg

Oh, Jim, I so missed cruising with you this year!:)

Oh Pam.....we missed you too!

I'm sure that your cruise was equally fabulous, but nothing can match "our" roll call from the Enchanted Escapade!

Maybe I can get yorkiemom to believe that I am the gorgeous blonde in the photo rather than the sunburned one!:D

We will be on the Regatta and wonder if there is an extra charge for lattes and cappacinos on board? Thanks.

There is no extra charge for espresso nor cappuccino and I assume for lattes and such. But ...

In the morning at the Terrace Cafe I usually order cafe con leche/cafe au lait, basically wanting 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot milk. <snip>

Upon returning early from shore on a drizzly Fall afternoon I thought a cafe au lait would be perfect on deck at Waves. Repeating back to me my request, one cafe au lait, the Waves server spoke with the manager and they left. Some time later a waiter from the bar area arrived with a glass of steaming beverage and requested my card. Surprised I discovered I was being served a coffee with a coffee liqueur plus Baileys or such - Oceania's 'Cafe Ole'. A Starbuck's customer may have simply ordered a latte and not had this mistake. On the other hand, it was tasty mistake I just might make again :)

Does anyone know if they carry soy as an alternative to milk for lattes for us addicts with allergies?

I am sure if you contact Special Services they will make sure they have a supply on board.

I have seen some people request it for cereal at Breakfast

Lyn

I don't like real strong coffee and found "O" coffee to be perfect for me.

marion

I don't like strong coffee either and put quite a bit of milk in my coffee. This morning I ground the Illy beans i have written about here that i ordered and brewed my first cup at home. I found it very good, a clear but rich taste. Tomorrow I plan to use less milk and have more of the coffee taste. I am far from an expert, but fussy about what I like. So now I am really looking forward to the coffee's on Oceania!

Lynne

I don't like strong coffee either and put quite a bit of milk in my coffee. This morning I ground the Illy beans i have written about here that i ordered and brewed my first cup at home. I found it very good, a clear but rich taste. Tomorrow I plan to use less milk and have more of the coffee taste. I am far from an expert, but fussy about what I like. So now I am really looking forward to the coffee's on Oceania!

Lynne

Glad you've become an Illy convert.:)

As I live in Melbourne we without doubt have access to the best cafes and the best coffee in the world!:D I am therefore very fussy with my coffee and my only complaint about the coffee on our recent cruise wasnt with the coffee but the milk! Yuk - it tasted like it was made with that awful long life milk . As a result, I have my coffee detox on my cruises and drink herbal tea instead.;)

:D

As I live in Melbourne we without doubt have access to the best cafes and the best coffee in the world!:D I am therefore very fussy with my coffee and my only complaint about the coffee on our recent cruise wasnt with the coffee but the milk! Yuk - it tasted like it was made with that awful long life milk . As a result, I have my coffee detox on my cruises and drink herbal tea instead.;)

How interesting. I am reading so much about genetically modified and hormone additions, with the milk in the USA. Here is a quote from a respected source:

", this verdict is also significant because, for the first time, a court has recognized that milk from cows treated with genetically modified growth hormones (known as rBGH or rBST) is NOT identical to milk from untreated cows.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what concerned scientists and public health advocates have argued for well over 20 years." (www.mercola.com)

Do you believe you have cows that are not treated with GMO's? The quote above is from USA/ Ohio ruling.

It is almost impossible to get good.healthy milk here in the US. Do you think there is a difference in what you can use/buy/ get at home?

I will apologize in advance for taking this topic in another place. I know it is about coffee and I am the one who added the milk :D

Lynne

We use to buy UHT milk and it was fine then it seemed to disappear from the stores ...it is now making a comeback.

To tell the truth when it is cold I do not notice a difference but I am not a big milk drinker

The coffee, tea & cereal tasted fine to me with milk .....it is a personal thing.

The milkshakes are also made with milk in box

I always drink my coffee black, which is why the taste is so important to me - I don't dilute it with milk, in whatever form, cappuccino, latte, whatever. I also don't like it too strong, but I do like a good taste, so am now really looking forward to the coffee on the cruise.

Thanks everyone for all your input. I didn't realise that my little question would start such a long discussion!

Archived