LIVE from the Eclipse 11/20-27/10 !!

Sailaways_

Hi Sailaway...

I just took a look at your webpage...WOW...what a lot of information you have captured on your previous travels. You really ARE a detail person. I love it! ;)

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to your posts from the Eclipse!

Bon Voyage!

I will be watching this post closely too as we are on the Jan 29 sailing! I'd love to hear more about Qsine, would like to know if there are any "theme nights" like the white party or a 70's party or whatever that we should pack for. I'm looking for Chamilia/Pandora/Trollbeads charms so if you find any stores that have a good selection in your travels, I'd love to know where they are. I'd love to see the daily activities guides (although that's a lot to ask to scan them) and I'd liek to know what order them menus in the MDR are (so I can choose which night to hit Qsine). There is a compilation of all the =X= menus here lettered so you can just give us the order that would be great: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1247134

I'll be watching for all your details! Have a fabulous trip!

Have a great cruise! We would like to know about debarkation. We are on the Dec 11 sailing and have return flights at 1045am out of MIA. I have been on Solstice twice and debarkation was a breeze as we carry off our luggage. I read recently that people we stuck for hours getting off because of customs. I would love it if you could post any information when you return from your cruise.

Thanks and have fun,

Andrea

Oh and I would love to know which nites the big theatre productions are on. I just found out dinner in Qsine can be 4 hours! so I need to put that on a nite when there is not a theatre production! Thanks again and happy sailing!

48yo f traveling with two daughters 11 & 12 on Saturday on the eclipse would love to know your thoughts re must do's and don'ts with kids in tow. IE Shows, specials, games, etc. Any excursions that were amazing (I've traveled extensively with a pack on my back 30 years ago, lived 3rd world overseas in the bush, but the traveling with pre teens-they are athletic- is a whole other ballgame) and those that were useless?

Ooh, ooh, and ps, how is the gym? :D Have to have some way to sweat out the beverages :D

Any helpful tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bon voyage sailaways! Hope its fantastic!

i will be onboard dec11 and would love to know who are the staff onboard specifically:

captains club host(ess)?

managers of the 3 specialty restaurants?(tuscan/qsine/muranos)

trivia (what times/where?)

glass show: times?

thanks soooooooo much

*sweet*

hi guys! Greetings from formal night onboard the beautiful eclipse! I apologize it has taken me so long to check in, but I must confess I am having tons of fun onboard sans internet! :p I do have lots of comments, updates, and answers to your questions so I better get typing! please excuse any typos and lack of capitalization, these macs are hard to type on! (Shh, don't tell the celebrity ilounge i'm typing this from that i said that!)

Embarkation was alright, relatively painless. There were a lot of visitors yesterday, I think TAs and some crew visiting as well (I definitely saw Nick Weir waiting to visit, and I haven't seen him actually on this sailing either). A lot of new crew boarded yesterday as well. i kind of figured this would happen, considering there is usually turnover after a TA. Another fun factoid: according to the cruise staff, there are 500 kids (guests under 18) on this sailing. That's pretty busy for Thanksgiving week!

Tonight is formal night onboard. I enjoyed a delicious formal night dinner of Chateaubriand in the Moonlight Sonata. yes, the chateaubriand appears to be back! The production show tonight was Ovations, a set of broadway and west end hits, featuring the singers/dancers/ and acapella group. Honestly, I've seen better shows with the same material but I do respect all their hard work and dedication to the shows.

we have had some rocky seas both yesterday and today. Not enough to make anybody seasick (i hope! :eek:) but rocky enough to feel it. people were walking a little drunkenly sans the drinks this evening into the theater if you know what i mean. :p

Some things i have observed:

Make your Specialty restaurant reservations early! i waited until we got onboard because we wanted to see the mdr menus before we booked and there was hardly any availability, especially for qsine. If you are considering qsine, book it early or online! we are booked for tuesday night so i will report back then.

We got our elite coupons in our cabin when we boarded, along with an invite to all of the elite events. we last sailed on equinox last year when they still gave our keys to the elite lounges, not so anymore, your seapass is sufficient. For those wondering, the elegant tea is friday, the senior officer's cocktail party is tuesday evening (7:45), and the Captain's club celebration is Thursday at 1:30pm. The elite lounge is closed on the nights of the latter two parties, along with embarkation night.

This afternoon they had a passengers vs. officers bocce competition at the lawn club. i've never seen anything like this on celebrity before and i really liked it! it was very cute, and fun to see the officers having fun with the passengers and enjoying themselves. sadly, i must report that their elite squad still remains undefeated :o ringers, i tell you, ringers!

Lastly, i am making my list and checking it twice of all the differences i am noticing between eclipse/solstice/equinox, so i will post that one soon. there are a few differences, tiny ones and mainly related to design, but enough for a detail freak (aka yours truly) to notice. :)

And now for the most important part...answers to your questions! if ihaven't answered it here, i haven't forgotten you, just haven't gotten an answer yet! please post if you come up with any more questions for me!

Bbmdschmidt would like to know…

Captain, CD, & Captain’s Club Hostess for this sailing

Captain Panagiotis Skylogiannis

CD: John Grantham

CC hostess: Anita Du Bruyn

Elena7seas would like to know…

Showtime on formal nights & St. Kitts night, 8:30PM & 10:45pm on formal nights, immediately following the Captian's Welcome aboard toast. quality of performers, and who the musicians are (and if they’re onboard in January) Musicians onboard: D. Schultz, Milan Jasek, Lloyd Baskin, Tony Viviano jazz quartet, D'revelation party band, and the acapella group and String quartet. (Will get the names of last two later!)

Welshfamily would like to know…

What nights are formal Sunday and Thursday Connections party info

1 more question, do you know where the Elite cocktail hour is? Michael's Club or Sky Lounge? Thanks

Good morning, I was on for the 3 nighter (11/17) and the cocktail

hour was held up in the Sky Lounge. I think it depends on how many

Elite Members are on board. Also, it was the first time I had ever

met Anita. She seemed very pleasant:) and the morning breakfast

was also held in the Sky Lounge.

Sailaways, if you see Thomas in the Molecular Bar please say hello

for me:) and hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

Sailaway, thanks so much for taking the time to post a live review. This is excellent. We will be sailing her on December 11th and are getting really excited. Can you tell me when the muster drill was? We are trying to coordinate a sail away party.

Thanks and have a great cruise!!!

Sailaway, I have another question about the entertainment. We are planning Qsine for Monday night (12/13) at 8:00. I've read that it takes 3-4 hours to eat here so I would love to know what the night's entertainment is (for you tonight) and what time. We would hate to miss something great. Thanks again for your help!

Sailaway, I have another question about the entertainment. We are planning Qsine for Monday night (12/13) at 8:00. I've read that it takes 3-4 hours to eat here so I would love to know what the night's entertainment is (for you tonight) and what time. We would hate to miss something great. Thanks again for your help!

I too am interested in what shows are on what nights. We have yet to make a Q'sine reservation and need to do so ASAP, but we really don't want to miss the Cirque-like show.

Thanks for this great thread! :D

Thanks for the great information! We are sailing Eclipse on 12/4 - I cannot wait!! :)

My husband and I love to play bocce so are looking forward to some games on the lawn :)

We have a balcony room (first time for one!) If you have one please let me know how the balcony's are on the ship. Also, what is the storage like for suitcases?

Thanks again and have a great time on the rest of your trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived