You make a difference cards

taysuz

Just off the Ruby Princess on our 15th Princess cruise. On the third night of the cruise we received excellent service by a waiter in anytime dining. When I complemented him on the service and requested a you made a difference card he informed me they did away with the cards to save paper and we should comment on the after cruise survey. I hope they tell the Spa people about saving paper as they mailed enough junk to fill a waste paper basket.

Just off the Ruby Princess on our 15th Princess cruise. On the third night of the cruise we received excellent service by a waiter in anytime dining. When I complemented him on the service and requested a you made a difference card he informed me they did away with the cards to save paper and we should comment on the after cruise survey. I hope they tell the Spa people about saving paper as they mailed enough junk to fill a waste paper basket.

Our spa and art auction junk goes straight from the in box to the out box.

I've noticed a huge reduction in the amount of junk mail delivered to the staterooms on my last couple of cruises. Port shopping and shore excursions seem to make up the bulk of it. On the other hand, You Made a Difference cards were readily available at the purser's desk on my last Sea Princess cruise.

That's weird because we just went on the Ruby about a month ago and they gave us a Make a Difference card in our room. I came across it will sorting through all our patters. Unfortunately we didn't know any employees full name to be able to fill it out.

Beth

I've noticed a huge reduction in the amount of junk mail delivered to the staterooms on my last couple of cruises. Port shopping and shore excursions seem to make up the bulk of it. On the other hand, You Made a Difference cards were readily available at the purser's desk on my last Sea Princess cruise.

We had the exact same experience on the Ruby just a couple weeks ago: lots less "junk mail", but the "You Make A Difference" cards were readily available (we filled out several.) Interestingly, though, this was our first cruise where we did not receive the end-of-cruise survey.

We had the exact same experience on the Ruby just a couple weeks ago: lots less "junk mail", but the "You Make A Difference" cards were readily available (we filled out several.) Interestingly, though, this was our first cruise where we did not receive the end-of-cruise survey.

The end of cruise survey has been replaced by an email. I guess the people without an email cab request a survey somehow.

Interestingly, though, this was our first cruise where we did not receive the end-of-cruise survey.

The end of cruise survey now comes by email - or at least it has for me. I've done two that way, the second survey was much improved from the first as far as the ability to comment. I've had the survey within 24 hours of leaving the ship.

That's weird because we just went on the Ruby about a month ago and they gave us a Make a Difference card in our room. I came across it will sorting through all our patters. Unfortunately we didn't know any employees full name to be able to fill it out.

Although the form asks for full name, almost always we have filled it out only using a first name.

xxxxxx, the cabin steward for Cabin B251

yyyyy, the waiter for table 151 in the Bernini dining room

zzzzz, the bartender at the Oasis bar

If you receive great service, then please do fill out this card and leave it at the Purser's desk.

We were on a P&O cruise - 7 days from Brisbane and on the last night the "make a difference" cards were presented to us by our table waiter and she was very pushy in trying to get us to put her name on our cards. When I refused to do this she got very huffy. Really spoilt our cruise a bit as she had not been very good at her job all the way. P&O Australia have dropped the ball a bit and they will have to pick up their act with all the competition they are going to have in the future.

With the paper comments, my DH and I would often each complete one as we have different opinions and each want to pass along comments about each of our favorite service person. But with the email, we could only complete one survey. I did mine first :p, so "my people" got the good comments.

The "You made a difference cards" were readily available on the CB a couple of weeks ago. They weren't spread out across the bar like I have seen before but they were available for the asking. We also were given one i our stateroom and they had a large stack at the Purser's desk.

I also agree that thankfully Princess has drastically cut down on "junk" mail in our "in" box (or is it an "out" box?).

Same thing here on the Crown. Still received junk mail for the spa and art gallery but less of everything else.

A couple of cards were left in our stateroom and I grabbed a couple more to fill out.

Emails were sent out by Princess in the early morning hours on our last night with a survey. I came home to read them. Not as extensive as the surveys we used to get on the ship.

Also noticed that on our recent Crown cruise in October. Normally there is a long questionnaire with comments and then the You Make A Difference cards to turn in. I figured since the prizes for the games got cheap that they just did away with the prize they used to give if you turned it in by a certain time the day before the cruise ended, someone would win something. They claim it is to save trees but we still received alot of auction and spa advertisements as well as shore excursions. Sure enough the survey was in my email while I was still on the ship.

Not true. On our last Princess cruise ( 2 weeks ago), there was a card in the cabin and more available at the Desk. We filled one in and mentioned the person in the online survey too.

With the paper comments, my DH and I would often each complete one as we have different opinions and each want to pass along comments about each of our favorite service person. But with the email, we could only complete one survey. I did mine first :p, so "my people" got the good comments.

You can actually do two! What happened with me is that the email from Princess downloaded on to my normal email programme (WLM) and also on my webmail. So my wife and I had one each.

You can actually do two! What happened with me is that the email from Princess downloaded on to my normal email programme (WLM) and also on my webmail. So my wife and I had one each.

Last month there were cards available at the purser's desk, which we filled out for several people, we also both received emails which we both filled out with the same comments. Princess, don't do away with the cards as a lot of people will not do the survey online but are happy to fill out the cards.

Happy cruising,

Chris

The end of cruise survey has been replaced by an email. I guess the people without an email cab request a survey somehow.

Ah yes, that explains it. I did get the email ... which I much preferred to be honest. Filling in those little "bubbles" on the paper survey always gave me nasty flashbacks of high school standardized exams. LOL!

There is not enough room in the survey to add several crew members and comments. :(

That's something else I preferred about the email survey: it offered the option to keep adding more crew members for comment. I don't know if there was a limit, but I listed at least 6 or 7 specific people by name and the "add another" button still appeared when I was done.

And did I mention, no little circles to color in? :p

Of course we knew about the cards, but they certainly were not talking about as much as they were in the past do it does make me wonder if they mean as much to the crew as it use to in the past.

Ah yes, that explains it. I did get the email ... which I much preferred to be honest. Filling in those little "bubbles" on the paper survey always gave me nasty flashbacks of high school standardized exams. LOL!

That's something else I preferred about the email survey: it offered the option to keep adding more crew members for comment. I don't know if there was a limit, but I listed at least 6 or 7 specific people by name and the "add another" button still appeared when I was done.

And did I mention, no little circles to color in? :p

The first few e-mail survey's we received only had 1 or 2 spots for crew comments.

Recent ones have several but still not enough room IMO.

Same here last week....

Archived