NCL Sun - 24hr. snacks?

Unknotted

The Sports Bar only serves food from 5:30 pm ish to 5:30 am so it is a little different than Blue Lagoons on other ships...even though the menu is similar. FYI, some postings on here say they have had lunch in the Sports Bar but others say they tried to order and couldn't.

The Sports Bar only serves food from 5:30 pm ish to 5:30 am so it is a little different than Blue Lagoons on other ships...even though the menu is similar. FYI, some postings on here say they have had lunch in the Sports Bar but others say they tried to order and couldn't.

I think what the folks are referring to is that they BROUGHT food into the Sports Bar at lunchtime from the pizza/pasta bar in Pacific Heights and/or from the buffet. The Sports Bar was used as overflow seating for the buffet and Pacific Heights during our SUN transatlantic cruise at both breakfast and lunch times.

Rumor has it that when the Sun drydocks in Jan 2011, there is talk about them adding a Blue Lagoon. Now, nothing is carved in stone on this issue, however, I am keeping an eye open to see if this actually is true. :)

I think what the folks are referring to is that they BROUGHT food into the Sports Bar at lunchtime from the pizza/pasta bar in Pacific Heights and/or from the buffet. The Sports Bar was used as overflow seating for the buffet and Pacific Heights during our SUN transatlantic cruise at both breakfast and lunch times.

Clay may be referring to me posting that we had lunch ordered from the Sports Bar menu in the Sports Bar when we did the Baltics in June. We did at least on 3 occasions actually order from the little menu that had chicken strips, wings, fish and chips, hamburgers, etc. for lunch.

People also did bring food in from the places you mentioned into the Sports Bar. However, the servers weren't exactly easily found and usually our drink server (Max who was great) would ask if we wanted to eat and he would track down someone to take our order. Others were ordering food in there as well. The food service was very quick.

I had added this was during World Cup so maybe they wanted the people to spend more time in the Sports Bar or possibly on the current sailings there is more offered for lunch around the pools.

OK, thanks everyone for your answers. On the Dawn I can get up before the rest of the ship is awake and I can count on going to the Blue Lagoon for coffee and a pastry and read my Kindle while I wait for my hunnie to wake up. I was just hoping I'd find a place to do that on the Sun.

The sports bar has a similar menu but it isn't quite 24 hours.

Nita

Dawn Blue Lagoon description = In honor of the midnight snack, we bring you the Blue Lagoon 24-Hour Food Court. Whether you're hankering for a burger or a fast-wok dish, you can enjoy it all in a family friendly atmosphere day or night.

Sun Sport Bard description = Live broadcasts of sporting events, juice bar & snacks

I am surprised that NCL would have such different descriptions. Nita, are you sure your statement is correct?

Dawn Blue Lagoon description = In honor of the midnight snack, we bring you the Blue Lagoon 24-Hour Food Court. Whether you're hankering for a burger or a fast-wok dish, you can enjoy it all in a family friendly atmosphere day or night.

Sun Sport Bard description = Live broadcasts of sporting events, juice bar & snacks

I am surprised that NCL would have such different descriptions. Nita, are you sure your statement is correct?

The Sports Bar isn't almost 24-7 as the Blue Lagoon, but it is open almost all night, but its starts at dinner time, not earlier. During the day for breakfast and lunch its used mainly as an overflow from the buffet... At least room service is available during the afternoon hours after lunch and before dinner when passengers return from their shore excursions... Room service is also available 24-7 as well, so food is available all day... Even the so called Blue Lagoon 24-7 availability is a bit false, as they do clean up for a half hour to an hour every morning...

The Sports Bar isn't almost 24-7 as the Blue Lagoon, but it is open almost all night, but its starts at dinner time, not earlier. During the day for breakfast and lunch its used mainly as an overflow from the buffet... At least room service is available during the afternoon hours after lunch and before dinner when passengers return from their shore excursions... Room service is also available 24-7 as well, so food is available all day... Even the so called Blue Lagoon 24-7 availability is a bit false, as they do clean up for a half hour to an hour every morning...

Don,

Thanks for the update and insight. Does the Sports Bar have a menu similar to the Blue Lagoon?

Cheers!

I understand that 24/7 doesn't really mean 24/7. But most people would get my drift when I ask about 24hr. food. I'm sure I could get room service at 3 or 4AM, but if I want to allow my hunnie to sleep peacefully for another couple of hours then I will go wandering around on the ship looking for some place to have coffee and maybe a snack while I wait til the sun comes up. It sounds like the Garden Cafe and Sports Bar are my two options, and that's fine...even if they have to close down a little while for cleaning.

I understand that 24/7 doesn't really mean 24/7. But most people would get my drift when I ask about 24hr. food. I'm sure I could get room service at 3 or 4AM, but if I want to allow my hunnie to sleep peacefully for another couple of hours then I will go wandering around on the ship looking for some place to have coffee and maybe a snack while I wait til the sun comes up. It sounds like the Garden Cafe and Sports Bar are my two options, and that's fine...even if they have to close down a little while for cleaning.

Also, walk all the way through the Garden Cafe or all the way through the Sports Bar, through the sliding glass doors, to The Great Outdoors, and see if the buffet line there has coffee and pastry. Depends on how early your idea of early is, but many times there's something there early in the morning, usually at least coffee.

Be sure you check the ship's newsletter for the Early Risers info. That will tell you how early you can get something to eat, and where.

Don,

Thanks for the update and insight. Does the Sports Bar have a menu similar to the Blue Lagoon?

Cheers!

IMHO it does except it doesnt' have some of the more meal like food - As I recall the menu in the Sports Bar:

Hot Dog

Hot Wings

Fish and Chips

Chicken Fingers?

Spinach Dip

Fries

Cheesecake?

I think Blue Lagoon had/has a salad and a soup, maybe meatloaf?

I don't remember either of them having breakfast food.

I've gotten into the habit of buying an insulated cup from the gift shop the first night and then in the mornings I fill it up at the Garden Cafe and then wander the decks until everyone is awake. I pour the coffee into a clean juice cup and then pour it into my mug so I avoid contaminating the coffee machine.

Archived