What's your favorite drink on board and what's in it?

I don't remember where I got this but for those wanting a Coco-Loco at home:

3/4 oz Dark Rum

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/2 oz Cream of Coconut

1/2 oz Papaya Juice

1/2 oz Orange Juice

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice

1/4 oz Grenadine

Blend with crushed ice until smooth.

Garnish with Pineapple and Cherry.

Just got back from the Voyager TA - my recommendation? Find Nash (he was in High Notes for our sailing, but they move around) from Mauritius. He loves to create - just tell him what you like & he'll make you something fabulous! Tell him Kathy & Clarke sent you!

In the category of alcoholic drinks, I vote for the classic Bahama Mama.

As far as non-alcoholic drinks go, I enjoy either the virgin Bahama Mama(frozen or not) or the Oreo Crush Shake(if available).

Speaking of drinks, has anyone ever tried the "Labadoozie" while in/on Labadee? What does it taste like and what's in it?

I have two ...

Vodka & Milk of Magnesia ... Phillips Scewdriver

Vodka & Prune Juice ... Piledriver

Have a great cruise!

Al

I like those drinks they will keep the crew working on the toilet flushing system.

We're leaving in 10 days on Voyager and can't wait. I would like to try some different drinks on board. Any suggestions??

In 4 cruises out of Miami, we were offered and then re-ordered, "Miami Vice" drinks, I assume the fleet bartenders would recognize that name. I believe it is a combination Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Collada (sp)

In the category of alcoholic drinks, I vote for the classic Bahama Mama.

As far as non-alcoholic drinks go, I enjoy either the virgin Bahama Mama(frozen or not) or the Oreo Crush Shake(if available).

Speaking of drinks, has anyone ever tried the "Labadoozie" while in/on Labadee? What does it taste like and what's in it?

We enjoyed the Labadoozies - they were rum based and fruity tasting, but I don't recall the exact flavor profile. If on Labadee, treat the guys walking around selling them just as you would the bar tenders on the ship... a little schmoozing and a nice tip go a long way in making the drinks stronger.

We have only cruised twice (#3 coming up) and yet already have a little ritual. Once on board we have to get a Pina Colada. That drink just says tropical holiday to me.

Now, having said that - ANY drink on board is my fave drink on board. It means I am not at my desk at work, or doing laundry or grocery shopping or racing the kids to hockey, dance, whatever.

Archived