Can't Afford RCL...any recommendations?

skyw

Hi

We just wont be able to afford going on my favorite cruise line due to our budget this year. Can anyone recommend another line or ship? We will have a 7 year old, 44, 45, 72 and 74 year old. (very active seniors). We would love to port out of Canaveral.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Watch for the Tuesday specials, and get in touch with a good TA. Balconies for the cruise we're about to go on were going for $499 last week. We booked at a similar rate in August. Possibly a large family cabin might work also. Never had one, but you can fit quite a lot of people in them. Just share the bathroom(s) and divide the costs. Go on a shorter cruise. Ours will be 6 days instead of 7.

You probably can afford your favorite cruise line, RCI, if you don't book until after final payment date . You will give up your prefered cabin/dinning selections and perhaps ship or even not sail at all. You will save $ .

Try Carnival's Early Saver fares early out . Lots of restrictions but the lowest rates for Early bookers ,or their Pack & Go Rates (again after Final payment passes).

Princess has great FLASH rates , again after final passes . Just cruises the Carribean seasonally next year.

Hi

We just wont be able to afford going on my favorite cruise line due to our budget this year. Can anyone recommend another line or ship? We will have a 7 year old, 44, 45, 72 and 74 year old. (very active seniors). We would love to port out of Canaveral.

Thanks!!!!!!!

I see your from Texas. Maybe driving to the port could cut down on expenses??? I'd start with all lines that leave from there and see what one and cabin catagory were in my budget.

Check Carnival...similar experience, and cheaper prices!

Not always true. I've been on both cruiselines several times and always seem to find better deals on RCI. It jsut depends on when you go, where you are departing from, and how much time you spend looking for good deals. :)

Hi

Thanks!!!!!!!

You can't get any cheaper than the Monarch out of Port Canaveral. If you can't afford that you simply can not afford to vacation.

You can't get any cheaper than the Monarch out of Port Canaveral. If you can't afford that you simply can not afford to vacation.

Wouldn't go on that ship if they paid me. Who wants to go for only 4 or 3 days anyway.

Ok, I know there are some.

Most uncomfortable seating on any ship I've been on.

Wouldn't go on that ship if they paid me. Who wants to go for only 4 or 3 days anyway.

I would assume they've done some upgrading since '95 :rolleyes: we went on the Majesty for a weekend getaway and loved it, perfect for the 3+4 nighters

We had finished Financial Peace University and I can't say enough for budgeting, waiting and enjoying a fully funded cruise that you've all worked hard towards. I swear that boat hits less waves when you've paid for everything upfront. Now only the photos follow me home. Not VISA! We took a break and built up the funds and just did more local retreats. I still submit a cruise can be cheaper than an out of control land vacation though! Good luck to you guys!

Karen

I've been on both Monarch and Majesty. They're fantastic for a cheap, quick getaway. Besides, Coco Cay has been my favorite port so far!

You may end up paying for the airline ticket than for the cruise. Why don't cruise closer from home?

That's what I was thinking as well. I wonder if perhaps the parents live in Florida.

Archived