suite perks

compozer

What are the perks of booking a suite? We have been booking suites on Princess lately and love their perks. I noticed that Oceania offers a computer in the room but it sounds like minutes are not included.

You are correct, a computer is provided in the suites, but internet minutes are not included

The other benefits of a suite are as follows:

Suite Amenities

• Exclusive Tranquility Bed with
    700-thread-count linens
  • Butler Service
  • Private Teak Veranda
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne
  • Refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and bottled water (beginning with Europe 2010 voyages)
  • Full-size jacuzzi tubs
  • Priority early check-in
  • Priority restaurant reservations in Toscana and Polo Grill
  • Priority luggage delivery
  • Complimentary and extensive 24-hour room service menu
  • Hermès and Clarins amenities
  • Therapeutic bath salts
  • Thick cotton robes and slippers
  • Cashmere lap blankets

• Complimentary shoulder bag
  • 42” plasma televisions with Bose® surround sound system
  • Flat-screen color televisions
  • DVD player with over 300 titles
  • En-suite Dell™ laptop computer
  • Writing desk and stationery
  • Grohe handheld shower heads
  • Security safe
  • Twice-daily maid service
  • Wireless Internet access
  • Alarm clock
  • Handheld hair dryer
  • Vanity mirror
  • Direct dial satellite phone and cellular service
  • 110/220 volt outlets

Butler Services

• Course-by-course en-suite dining
  • “Order in” from any one of our four gourmet restaurants
  • Coordination of shore-side dinner and entertainment reservations
  • Priority reservation of shore excursions
  • Packing and unpacking upon request
  • Last minute luggage collection
  • Complimentary garment pressing*
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Gourmet evening canapés
  • Special services upon request

*Limitations Apply

Thanks for taking the time to post the list. Yes, that is the same that I saw BUT they really don't seem to be that great. Princess gives free laundry not just pressing and what does "limitations apply" mean??

I guess I really need to book a suite on Oceania before I cut down their perks.

thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to post the list. Yes, that is the same that I saw BUT they really don't seem to be that great. Princess gives free laundry not just pressing and what does "limitations apply" mean??

I guess I really need to book a suite on Oceania before I cut down their perks.

thanks again.

You'll have to trust me on this, until your first Oceania sailing, but the truth is that a suite on Princess -whatever the perqs- is nothing like a suite on Oceania.

To begin with, on Princess you'd have to book a FULL Suite to compare to an Oceania Penthouse or a Grand Suite to compare with an Oceania Vista or Owners Suite; so the prices won't be all that different.

When you factor in Oceanias' fantastic food, wonderful service, and smaller ship size, the less expensive laundry and cheaper internet on Princess might seem like a false bargain.

It just means that there is a limitation to the amount of laundry and pressing that you can have done at no charge. Without such a limitation, one can just imagine someone bringing along last month's load of laundry, just to get it done free! :D

Thanks again for helping me. We are looking at a Med cruise and I think we would do a penthouse.

We did a 12-day Western Med cruise in a PH2 on Insignia this past summer. You absolutely will NOT regret this line or booking a PH. Make sure you have dinner on your balcony one evening. Your Butler will serve it course by course.

Just a friendly warning, after cruising Oceania, you will find it a challenge to go back to mainstream lines. :)

I need to check a couple dates but plan to call my TA this week and set up something for the Med late September/early October. You guys are right that we do need to try another line. We have done Carnival (never again) several times years ago, then Royal Carribean and the last four on Princess. We go to relax and just loved our aft suite two weeks ago. It was 14 days to the Carribean and we had been to most of the islands so we walked into the ports in the afternoon to look around but just loved spending time on our balcony. We got up late and enjoyed the waiters in Sabatini's for breakfast. Either did town or relaxed on our balcony. Went to the pool area only three times - we really hate being so crowded and want to read and not hear all the conversations around us. We invited someone down for cocktails every other day and had a late dinner. We did a few shows but usually came back and had an after dinner drink on the balcony - it was beautiful - especially with the full moon. I could have slept out there.

I loved the unlimited internet - it worked great on the balcony. And I loved the free laundry - we pack light and my husband loved the freshly pressed clothes. I'm getting ready to press his blue jeans right now - thanks Princess!!!

So, we are happy with them but I guess it's time to check others out.

thanks for taking the time to comment.

This happens for a couple months after every cruise. I do think they look much nicer pressed. And my husband did look great in his khaki linen pants and long sleeve white linen shirt - or was it the great tan he had. Maybe I miss the warm weather more than the laundry - it is freezing here and we have that damn white stuff on the ground.

We did a 12-day Western Med cruise in a PH2 on Insignia this past summer. You absolutely will NOT regret this line or booking a PH. Make sure you have dinner on your balcony one evening. Your Butler will serve it course by course.

Just a friendly warning, after cruising Oceania, you will find it a challenge to go back to mainstream lines. :)

Aohkay - I cannot agree more with your statement about going back to a mainstream line. We have done numerous cruises on both Princess and Celebrity, but after sailing on Oceania's Insignia in 2008, our last 3 cruises (Princess and Celebrity) have been somewhat disappointing. The truth is that the cruises were fine, the food good (but not exceptional), the staff very nice, BUT....they just don't compare to Oceania. I wish we had just not gone and taken the money we spent on those 3 cruises and sailed Oceania instead.

Pam

However, we had a Penthouse III and did not have a 42" plasma TV with Bose sound. It had an older and small TV. Unless they have upgraded since Oct. 2010. Our insuite dining was very nice. We did that twice. The specialty restaurants are outstanding. I wish they would include FRESH baked goods on the breakfast buffet. They never seemed bakery fresh. We were on the Insignia and had a wonderful itinerary.

However, we had a Penthouse III and did not have a 42" plasma TV with Bose sound. It had an older and small TV. Unless they have upgraded since Oct. 2010. Our in suite dining was very nice. We did that twice. The specialty restaurants are outstanding. I wish they would include FRESH baked goods on the breakfast buffet. They never seemed bakery fresh. We were on the Insignia and had a wonderful itinerary.

Oceania is advertising the flat screen TV's as standard equipment in all of the Penthouses, so if it was missing from your cabin , there must have been some technical glitch about installing it in that particular room.

They are constantly working to upgrade and improve the ships, but as you can imagine, the first concern in to get the guest into the suite that they have reserved. In a case where there is a conflict, the older TV was probably seen as preferable to NO TV.

I'm at a loss when you say that the baked goods were not fresh on your cruise, because on several of our Oceania sailings, we have watched the bakers putting out "the goodies" still steaming from the oven...

dsc019291.jpg

The chocolate croissant in particular are a slice of heaven, and as fresh as tomorrow morning!

I wish they would include FRESH baked goods on the breakfast buffet. They never seemed bakery fresh. We were on the Insignia and had a wonderful itinerary.

I wonder what you mean also. :confused:

They seemed fresh to me even the ones in Horizons mid morning were fresh

we were on Insignia July & Aug

I never saw that many leftovers;)

More likely the glitch is on the web site - no 42" plasma in our penthouse suite in late Oct/early Nov either on Nautica but there was a much smaller flat screen.

Oceania is advertising the flat screen TV's as standard equipment in all of the Penthouses, so if it was missing from your cabin , there must have been some technical glitch about installing it in that particular room.

On the pressing question - we had 2 free pressings per person not per room.

However, we had a Penthouse III and did not have a 42" plasma TV with Bose sound.

I think the OS & VS have the 42 in TV but not PH unless this is something new coming with the refurbishments

The website is still showing larger TV's in the upper suites only

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/nautica/staterooms/default.aspx

dsc019291.jpg

The chocolate croissant in particular are a slice of heaven, and as fresh as tomorrow morning!

Hey, with great fortitude, I restricted myself to enjoying only one of these tasty beauties each morning at breakfast at the Terrace Cafe.

Makes you wonder how Jim found a picture of two on one plate?:D

They are constantly working to upgrade and improve the ships, but as you can imagine, the first concern in to get the guest into the suite that they have reserved. In a case where there is a conflict, the older TV was probably seen as preferable to NO TV.

I'm at a loss when you say that the baked goods were not fresh on your cruise, because on several of our Oceania sailings, we have watched the bakers putting out "the goodies" still steaming from the oven...

dsc019291.jpg

HI,

Dis you take these home with you?? Sure dose not look like an Oceania plate!:D

Archived