CAS Changes

thelion

Larry..........you wanted some statistics, and what I have is from Randy , who is with the marketing department of RCCL.

There are approximately 6.5 million Crown and Anchor members

There are 3 people that have over 300 cruise (or cruise credits) They are, with the leader being Mario, and then Jerry and Greta.

There are 7 people that we know of that have over 200 cruise credits, including Harry and Doris, Herb and MaryAnn, actually one couple that I have met but can't remember their names, and then pulling up the rear, is Claude, with something in the way of 208 points.

Then there is something less than 100, maybe about 95 that have more than 100 points, but less than 200 points. We are in that group, and as of now, we are at 112 cruise points.

Then come the D+, of which I'm told that there are some 6,500 D+ members. I don't know the count on the rest.

My friend LT......the guy that writes with his crayon in BOLD colors on this thread is sitting somewhere around 150, as is another friend, who does not even show his face on CC at 148.

As of three weeks ago, there were exactly 103 members (some couples) that have more than 100 cruises.

I don't know if this helps you.......but those are the stats from the beginning of December.

If I have left anything out LT..........please fill in the blanks!!:D

Rick

The only number that surprizes me is the number of D+s. I wonder how many of them are still cruising on a regular basis. Still, I would have guessed maybe 1000 or two.

Robyn............don't know where you learned math..........but 6.5 million members equals 6,500,000 members, not 6,500 members.:D

Rick

Put down that wine....

She said D+ members. Not C&A members. Actually I'm surprised there are as many as 6,500 D+ members. They couldn't even fit us all on one ship. :eek:

Go ahead, have another sip. :D

Gina

Robyn............don't know where you learned math..........but 6.5 million members equals 6,500,000 members, not 6,500 members.:D

Rick

I'm not a math wizard by any stretch, I was only repeating what you wrote :rolleyes:

But that isn't what you said in your post :( You said there were 6,500 Diamond Plus members........:confused:

Then come the D+, of which I'm told that there are some 6,500 D+ members. I don't know the count on the rest.

Rick

Rick - seriously there are only 6500 Diamond Plus members worldwide?

Rick

Huh???????????

The only number that surprizes me is the number of D+s. I wonder how many of them are still cruising on a regular basis. Still, I would have guessed maybe 1000 or two.

Interesting number. Let's take some sort of average.......like just 20 Diamond + members on a cruise, and there are 21 ships.......which would be 420 Diamond members during a weeks cruise. If a Diamond Plus member would only take one cruise per year......that would be 420 members times 52 weeks.........and we get 21,840 members. That is way more than I have been told, so lets cut it by 70 percent. That would give us 6,552 members.

The number that I would like to know.......is the amount of Diamonds. I think that Royal Caribbean gave them a pretty low blow, and would not be surprised if they were offered something better in the way of perks, to let them work their way to D+.

I believe the program...almost as we know it today, started in 2003, and was enhanced to todays levels in 2004.

Many sailed on the M ships.....Monarch, Majesty and .......opps, the Sovereign on 3/4 night cruises to obtain a D+ tier, for the benefits.

The difference between 24 and 100 is quite a milestone......as it was back then.

So, those that feel that 750 nights is out of reach...........many back then felt that 100 cruise (cruise credits) was also out of reach.

Let's see what, if anything happens on January 12th. Personally, I'll be on a cruise.........so I either won't hear anything, or the Loyalty Ambassador will make some kind of announcement.

Whichever........I will be enjoying my last Los Angeles round trip cruise on the Mariner. A sad occasion..........as Royal Caribbean is taking all of their ships away from California.....to cruise on a regular basis.:(

I cruise to have fun, make new friends, and see new ports. And along the way.......have made some wonderful friends.......that we love to continue to cruise with! What a great life!!:);)

Rick

I'm not a math wizard by any stretch, I was only repeating what you wrote :rolleyes:

But that isn't what you said in your post :( You said there were 6,500 Diamond Plus members........:confused:

Yes, and I apologize! I didn't take the time to correctly read your post!:)

Rick

And, Gina.........I'm on water tonight.........as I have a medical procedure tomorrow. So.........It's just my head that needs adjusting!!

Ellen, you are saying that passengers at certain tiers, will be grandfathered into that tier, if I understand you correctly.

While a few of us would not like to see that (only because with 25 more nights of cruising, which is actually 12, as we normally stay in a suite) we would become Pinnacle, and get a free cruise.:D We would like that, as we just received one in November for hitting our 100th cruise.:)

As it stands with Royal Caribbean, a passenger receives a free cruise when they have reached the 100 CC level, another at 150 cruises, then is bumped up to a JS free cruise starting at 200 CC's, and that continues for every 50 CC earned.

If the new system comes about and Royal is maybe working on the assumption that a cruise is 7.5 nights, hence reaching 100 cruises at 7.5 nights average per cruise equals 750 nights.

So for every 50 CC earned, you could cruise free every 75 nights, if my calculations are correct. However, if you cruise in a suite, you only need to cruise for 37.5 nights, or you would only have to cruise on 6 7 night cruises to get another free cruise. Somehow that does not seem fair to me, for Royal Caribbean.

I must say, that whatever happens, it's been great reading, and many of you have obviously put a lot of thought into what is right and what is wrong with the new system vs the old.;)

Rick

Rick

Keep stirring it up; you know I love it !

Talk about a Math miscalculation !

50 X 7.5 = 375 nights not 75 nights.

"I'm just sayin".

Stated with love and a Big Hug : > )

Larry..........you wanted some statistics, and what I have is from Randy , who is with the marketing department of RCCL.

There are 3 people that have over 300 cruise (or cruise credits) They are, with the leader being Mario, and then Jerry and Greta.

There are 7 people that we know of that have over 200 cruise credits, including Harry and Doris, Herb and MaryAnn, actually one couple that I have met but can't remember their names, and then pulling up the rear, is Claude, with something in the way of 208 points.

Then there is something less than 100, maybe about 95 that have more than 100 points, but less than 200 points. We are in that group, and as of now, we are at 112 cruise points.

My friend LT......the guy that writes with his crayon in BOLD colors on this thread is sitting somewhere around 150, as is another friend, who does not even show his face on CC at 148.

As of three weeks ago, there were exactly 103 members (some couples) that have more than 100 cruises.

I don't know if this helps you.......but those are the stats from the beginning of December.

Rick

Rick Thanks for taking he time to research this,, It is interesting ,,,

Not sure about the rest writing on this thread,, But for me it's all been interesting.. I like hearing everyone's thoughts and concern's.. I'm not real worried one way or the other about what is coming,, I've been saying for years they should have a way of keeping track of nights rather then cruises, It just seems more fair to everyone.

I may never make it to Pinnacle But I will continue to cruise and RCCL will be my first choice but not my last. I cruise for the itinerary first and to cruise with friends second. We also like to do land trips, here and abroad... It's a wonderful and amazing world and I want to see as much of it as possible. :p

Rick all the Best to you and Bobbie in the new year,, Hopefully we will cruise with you guys again soon..

Rick Thanks for taking he time to research this,, It is interesting ,,,

Not sure about the rest writing on this thread,, But for me it's all been interesting.. I like hearing everyone's thoughts and concern's.. I'm not real worried one way or the other about what is coming,, I've been saying for years they should have a way of keeping track of nights rather then cruises, It just seems more fair to everyone.

I may never make it to Pinnacle But I will continue to cruise and RCCL will be my first choice but not my last. I cruise for the itinerary first and to cruise with friends second. We also like to do land trips, here and abroad... It's a wonderful and amazing world and I want to see as much of it as possible. :p

Rick all the Best to you and Bobbie in the new year,, Hopefully we will cruise with you guys again soon..

Larry and Cherie............thanks, and the best to you both for the New Year. Hopefully, we can hook up, somewhere in the world, next year.

Bobbie joins me in sending you both our best!!

Rick

Rick

Hoffman?

Interesting number. Let's take some sort of average.......like just 20 Diamond + members on a cruise, and there are 21 ships.......which would be 420 Diamond members during a weeks cruise. If a Diamond Plus member would only take one cruise per year......that would be 420 members times 52 weeks.........and we get 21,840 members. That is way more than I have been told, so lets cut it by 70 percent. That would give us 6,552 members.

The number that I would like to know.......is the amount of Diamonds. I think that Royal Caribbean gave them a pretty low blow, and would not be surprised if they were offered something better in the way of perks, to let them work their way to D+.

I believe the program...almost as we know it today, started in 2003, and was enhanced to todays levels in 2004.

Many sailed on the M ships.....Monarch, Majesty and .......opps, the Sovereign on 3/4 night cruises to obtain a D+ tier, for the benefits.

The difference between 24 and 100 is quite a milestone......as it was back then.

So, those that feel that 750 nights is out of reach...........many back then felt that 100 cruise (cruise credits) was also out of reach.

Let's see what, if anything happens on January 12th. Personally, I'll be on a cruise.........so I either won't hear anything, or the Loyalty Ambassador will make some kind of announcement.

Whichever........I will be enjoying my last Los Angeles round trip cruise on the Mariner. A sad occasion..........as Royal Caribbean is taking all of their ships away from California.....to cruise on a regular basis.:(

I cruise to have fun, make new friends, and see new ports. And along the way.......have made some wonderful friends.......that we love to continue to cruise with! What a great life!!:);)

Rick

I just kind of did a quick run of your numbers and assumtions, but I put in 7 cruises per year per D+ member. It gives me something like 5460. Pretty close to the number being used. But, 7 cruises seems a little high for the average. However if you raise the number per cruise above 20, then the number of cruises per year comes down in a hurry.

So I finally read through the posts on this thread. My thinking is there isn't going to be much of a change for most of the C&A Members. Unless members earned their credits on short sailings, there should not be people who lose out.

I personally think it is a fairer way to award loyalty, through points for days sailed not just for cruises sailed. So many people earned points for three or four night cruises. Fairly under the rules, but not equitable, as many have pointed out.

That only works to diamond status after that you have to earn them.

My MIL lives with us we are D+ and she is Diamond with 22 cruises.

Not necessarily ... my Step-Daughter, at age 28, took a 3-night cruise with me, booked with our address, and she is now a Diamond Plus. BTW, we weren't trying to "game the system." She was in transit between college and an apartment, and ours was the most stable address we had for her. Imagine my surprise when her Diamond Plus package arrived with ours! :eek:

I agree with the posters who believe that you should earn your status ... whether it be a child of a cruiser or a 100+ cruise credits Member being given unearned Pinnacle status. JMHO. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily ... my Step-Daughter, at age 28, took a 3-night cruise with me, booked with our address, and she is now a Diamond Plus. BTW, we weren't trying to "game the system." She was in transit between college and an apartment, and ours was the most stable address we had for her. Imagine my surprise when her Diamond Plus package arrived with ours! :eek:

I agree with the posters who believe that you should earn your status ... whether it be a child of a cruiser or a 100+ cruise credits Member being given unearned Pinnacle status. JMHO. :rolleyes:

Oh I agree, no offense to your step daughter, but she did not earn that level to be grandfathered in. Oh well, I am sure many people will be grandfathered that didn't earn it while many will "just miss" the next level. There is certainly no fairness in the C & A Program.

Oh I agree, no offense to your step daughter, but she did not earn that level to be grandfathered in. Oh well, I am sure many people will be grandfathered that didn't earn it while many will "just miss" the next level. There is certainly no fairness in the C & A Program.

Trust me, I love her but she's well-aware of my feelings on this. A one-time 3-night cruise should not qualify for grandfathering to D+ level. Particularly when I have friends who are within a cruise of Diamond and will probably not reach that status, if TheLion is correct and the changes go into effect immediately. :(

Trust me, I love her but she's well-aware of my feelings on this. A one-time 3-night cruise should not qualify for grandfathering to D+ level. Particularly when I have friends who are within a cruise of Diamond and will probably not reach that status, if TheLion is correct and the changes go into effect immediately. :(

Yes, but she would be a fool to give up the status. If Royal Caribbean gives that to her so much the better for her. She should accept it. It is only a shame to those who will lose out on the changes. I for one thing it is a fairer way, days per credit versus cruise per credit. But it will never be entirely fair no matter how it is implemented.

Archived