CAS Changes

thelion

How is that easy? I am Platinum on Royal Caribbean to make me at equal level as Celebrity. So if what has been said that I will be grandfathered then I will remain Platinum with the change. I'm going to guess that they'll just say I have 30 days and work from there?

Nope. You are gold with RCI. But, you happen to be in a higher tier with Celebrity. Currently, RCI will recognize your higher level when you sail with them. As long as they continue to recognize your Celebrity status (I like the way that sounds! :p), you will receive Platinum perks. Or, maybe it will be "Emerald". We don't know how they will equate the Celebrity levels to RCI levels. Heck, we don't even know for sure if anything will change!

Does that make sense??

I just became a Diamond CAS member (Yeah!). I called RCCL today to find out how much of a discount I get with my new status for a balcony. The woman I spoke with said that depends on if I am booking a cruise sailing in the next six months or further out. She said I would get a larger discount booking one more than six months from now. Is this because the benefits are changing (in six months) or do you usually get a bigger discount for putting your deposit down more than six months ahead of cruising??

Diana

I am a Diamond with 23 points and a 1/15 Serenade cruise booked. Looked forward to finally being with cruise buddies in the CL lounge when we go on our 4/29 cruise. Now with one point away and a few days we booked a suite (only thing available) on the Majesty 1/7 to get the last point. would not have done that but after taking so many trips this past year, we did not want to lose the opportunity to sit with our friends and the next proposed level for Diamond + we would reach after death! So if taking a 3 day cruise gives us the extra point (actually 2) so be it! Worked too long and hard to make the level to be with our friends. And we do not drink so it is not that and they will not be losing money on us!

I just became a Diamond CAS member (Yeah!). I called RCCL today to find out how much of a discount I get with my new status for a balcony. The woman I spoke with said that depends on if I am booking a cruise sailing in the next six months or further out. She said I would get a larger discount booking one more than six months from now. Is this because the benefits are changing (in six months) or do you usually get a bigger discount for putting your deposit down more than six months ahead of cruising??

Diana

That policy began last June. It's posted on the RCI C&A benefit site.

Gina

Diana

I believe you get a larger discount for booking further out. I seem to remember that's one of the more recent changes.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.;)

Nope. You are gold with RCI. But, you happen to be in a higher tier with Celebrity. Currently, RCI will recognize your higher level when you sail with them. As long as they continue to recognize your Celebrity status (I like the way that sounds! :p), you will receive Platinum perks. Or, maybe it will be "Emerald". We don't know how they will equate the Celebrity levels to RCI levels. Heck, we don't even know for sure if anything will change!

Does that make sense??

And I'm a little worried the other way. We are D+ and as a result, Elite on X. We have a cruise coming up with X and hope that they will still give us Michaels. We have cruised with X this spring and were listed as Elite, so would that mean that they would be taking away our level if things changed? I would think that after they have you listed at a level, you would keep it.

Diana

As LL pointed out, if you go to the RCCL website/Crown & Anchor Society/benefits....you can see what the balcony discounts are for booking >6 months out and < than 6 months out. The discount is larger more than 6 months out (by $25). This benefit changed on June 1, 2010.

I am a Diamond with 23 points and a 1/15 Serenade cruise booked. Looked forward to finally being with cruise buddies in the CL lounge when we go on our 4/29 cruise. Now with one point away and a few days we booked a suite (only thing available) on the Majesty 1/7 to get the last point. would not have done that but after taking so many trips this past year, we did not want to lose the opportunity to sit with our friends and the next proposed level for Diamond + we would reach after death! So if taking a 3 day cruise gives us the extra point (actually 2) so be it! Worked too long and hard to make the level to be with our friends. And we do not drink so it is not that and they will not be losing money on us!

WOW! that's a really motivated thing to do. If the level is important, that's great that you have the opportunity to fit another cruise in there. :)

As LL pointed out, if you go to the RCCL website/Crown & Anchor Society/benefits....you can see what the balcony discounts are for booking >6 months out and < than 6 months out. The discount is larger more than 6 months out (by $25). This benefit changed on June 1, 2010.

WOW! that's a really motivated thing to do. If the level is important, that's great that you have the opportunity to fit another cruise in there. :)

Good for you. No reason that you can't use the rules as they are for your benefit. If RCI wants to change them, well that's up to them. If they do, then people will adjust and use the new rules, that's human nature. BTW, enjoy your curise. Remember there is no such thing as a bad cruise.

And I'm a little worried the other way. We are D+ and as a result, Elite on X. We have a cruise coming up with X and hope that they will still give us Michaels. We have cruised with X this spring and were listed as Elite, so would that mean that they would be taking away our level if things changed? I would think that after they have you listed at a level, you would keep it.

Well...we already have our Celebrity cards that say "Elite" members on them. Along with Royal Caribbean member cards that say "Diamond Plus".

They may strip us of the level (it's their program)...But just let them try taking my CARDS away from me. :D:):D

Well...we already have our Celebrity cards that say "Elite" members on them. Along with Royal Caribbean member cards that say "Diamond Plus".

They may strip us of the level (it's their program)...But just let them try taking my CARDS away from me. :D:):D

I have my Diamond Plus card too.....and I am NOT giving it up anytime soon!!! :mad::p:p

According to the Crown & Anchor D+ benefits page:

AND REMEMBER your other benefits haven’t gone away – like access to the Concierge Lounge, your personalized amenity and behind the scenes tours to name a few.

Our goal is to continue to recognize our most valued guests. Therefore, as a Diamond Plus Member, we will continue to look for ways to enhance your Crown & Anchor Society benefits.

All we have to do is make sure they keep their word!!!;)

So, with a little "joy juice" that is now dissappating..........I have a question..........as I have been skimming the last couple of pages.

Why would any points, or tiers on Celebrity, have anything to do with Royal Caribbean.

As I recall, from some time ago, if we were Diamond on Royal Caribbean, we were Elite on Celebrity.

I remember becoming Elite on Celebrity, before becoming D or D+ on Royal Caribbean

Then I met the outgoing President and CEO, Jack Williams, and it was not really Jack, but his mom that did the sales work...........that there was a group of us.........including Jacks mom, becoming a very close friend, and we seemed to cruise for a few years..........non stop. I paid the full fare.........and I don't have a clue what Mrs. Williams paid.........and it does not matter.

Long story short............we have cruised with Mrs Williams and her best friend Peggy.........for a number of years. We have paid full boat for our cruises.

The only thing that Mr. Williams was able to get for us........was to keep the same OS for a TA and the Blatic cruise. That is the only string that has ever been pulled on our behalf.............where we could have asked for many of them.

As for cruising..........there are many different catagories of cabins, and we have been fortunate enough to cruise in suites.

It does not make us any better than the next one.........we just can afford it, and I snore...........and my DW needs a bit of extra space.

So..........now, you have our full story........and the people that have something against us.....suffer with your own problems, and please don't bring them to us.

We have, for a period of time, have asked you to come forward with you complaint, and since you have not taken that opportunity.........consider it water under the bridge.

I choose not to name you............but would be happy to do so.

Or.........we can just let it go.......as of tonight.........and say Happy New Year to each other!

Rick and Bobbie.

Huh? We're Elite on Celebrity and it has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean. Other than they give reciprical status. Since we had "Silver Member" paper cards from Royal Caribbean.... I called a long while and requested new membership cards. Instead, we were sent Elite cards for Celebrity. :D:rolleyes::D And I plan to keep my cards, no matter what they do with the program. :D

Other than that, perhaps you are referring to others...I didn't go way back to see what you're referencing.

So, with a little "joy juice" that is now dissappating..........I have a question..........as I have been skimming the last couple of pages.

Why would any points, or tiers on Celebrity, have anything to do with Royal Caribbean.

As I recall, from some time ago, if we were Diamond on Royal Caribbean, we were Elite on Celebrity.

I remember becoming Elite on Celebrity, before becoming D or D+ on Royal Caribbean

Then I met the outgoing President and CEO, Jack Williams, and it was not really Jack, but his mom that did the sales work...........that there was a group of us.........including Jacks mom, becoming a very close friend, and we seemed to cruise for a few years..........non stop. I paid the full fare.........and I don't have a clue what Mrs. Williams paid.........and it does not matter.

Long story short............we have cruised with Mrs Williams and her best friend Peggy.........for a number of years. We have paid full boat for our cruises.

The only thing that Mr. Williams was able to get for us........was to keep the same OS for a TA and the Blatic cruise. That is the only string that has ever been pulled on our behalf.............where we could have asked for many of them.

As for cruising..........there are many different catagories of cabins, and we have been fortunate enough to cruise in suites.

It does not make us any better than the next one.........we just can afford it, and I snore...........and my DW needs a bit of extra space.

So..........now, you have our full story........and the people that have something against us.....suffer with your own problems, and please don't bring them to us.

We have, for a period of time, have asked you to come forward with you complaint, and since you have not taken that opportunity.........consider it water under the bridge.

I choose not to name you............but would be happy to do so.

Or.........we can just let it go.......as of tonight.........and say Happy New Year to each other!

Rick and Bobbie.

Wow, sounds like you have about as much joy juice in you as I currently do. Anyways, Well Said. Hope it felt good to get it off your chest. And too bad if others can't handle it. BTW, are you having trouble waiting for 1-9?

Did I miss something about Celebrity?? Who said they were changing their benefits?

I've done the computation (like everyone else!) and my results are these:

We are Diamond with 11 credits. Actual cruise nights total 67. (There were six 7-nighters, one 6-nighter, and two 4-nighters, with one 7 nightx2 and one 4 nightx2 in suites) Since we are Diamond now, I assume we'll be grandfathered into Diamond after 1/12/11 even though we are a few nights shy of the 70 (or 75??) nights the new Diamond requires.

And although I think our C&A status will still be Diamond in the new program, I think our night count will be 67, as is accurate. So we'll have the name, but not the score, and we'll be playing a bit of catch-up with our next cruise in February. That would seem logical and fair to me.

In the old program we'd still need 13 points/cruises to make D+. In the new program, it looks like we'll need 13 1/2 - 14 cruises (assuming 7-nighters) to make D+. A difference of one cruise (or one suite) doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to me...or am I missing something?

We've been looking at some longer 10 night cruises in the near future, and we'd actually do better with those under the new program, especially in a suite. Hey - maybe that's what this is all about...selling more suites! (forget about the upgrade fairy)

Change is hard...especially when you've reached a point when you think you have the program figured out! And rumored change is even harder because we don't know the exact formulae and can only guess what the changes might mean to us based on the best rumor we have.

I think RC has a difficult (impossible?) challenge in trying to tweak their loyalty program. They have to consider the new cruisers, sell them on the brand, and recruit their loyalty; thus, moving up a level has to be fairly easily achievable at the lower rungs of the ladder, and benefits must be given along the way that are perceived as desirable by the customer. But at the same time, the higher and highest rungs of the ladder need to mean something special in order to keep the customers climbing and make the rewards for those rungs desirable as well. Gotta be a tough job to figure this stuff out!

Judy

Did I miss something about Celebrity?? Who said they were changing their benefits?

I may have missed something (I've been skimming, trying to keep up) but I think it was just inferred. I don't recall any solid data on it.

Since the two plans are based on per-cruise credits, the assumption was that X may also switch to per-day credits when/if RCI does.

We are currently bouncing around in the Atlantic on the way back to Bayonne.

With this cruise we will squeak into D+ with 25 completed cruise credits, based on 165 nights completed, so even if we were still short it wouldn't be that hard to climb to the next level, esp. since we booked a B2B on the Allure after tax season while on board.

Even at 40 cents a minute I just skimmed this looonnnggggg thread.

I may have missed something (I've been skimming, trying to keep up) but I think it was just inferred. I don't recall any solid data on it.

Since the two plans are based on per-cruise credits, the assumption was that X may also switch to per-day credits when/if RCI does.

I'm following this thread with great interest because I also would like to see how this would work on the Celebrity side. On our last X cruise in December there were 300+ Elites in the Reflections lounge. We were told that there were 850+ Elites on Eclipse for the transatlantic. Those numbers can run up a significant bar tab.

Last April, while on a Captain's Club reunion cruise, an impending change was hinted at by an head office representative. Since then, no news, no hints.

I believe a change is coming just so that reciprocity between the lines can continue. Otherwise the question would arise every time how days cruised on RCL would translate into cruise credits on Celebrity.

A problem with counting cruise days with Celebrity is that cruise credits were doubled when sailing in not only suites but in Concierge and Aqua class as well.

Celebrity has just finished upgrading their web site so that finally, past cruisers can see their cruise history on line.

Two years ago the word "Apex" was proposed to identify the "Pinnacle" level at Celebrity.

And numbers at X: there are only a dozen or so couples that have achieved over 100 cruise credits, perhaps translating into 700 cruising days.

Arno

Those that know me, know I can't stop booking cruises and it's my DW that tries to keep me in check.

I have the same problem with my wife. After she retired I thought this will be great, her work schedule no longer interferes with my cruising schedule. But now I find she keeps throwing roadblocks in the way. I've got cruises booked with 4-5 months between them and I'm trying to find some to "fill in those gaps". She seems to think we need to spend some time at home for some reason. Beats me why. :confused:

I haven't read through this entire thread but the more important question (to me) is what benefits are attached to the new tiers. Becoming Diamond or Diamond + really doesn't mean anything unless you obtain a new benefit which has value to you.

If indeed this rumor turns out to be true I am hoping that the benefits of moving to a new level is something to really look forward to.

I'm following this thread with great interest because I also would like to see how this would work on the Celebrity side.

Arno

Good to see you over here Arno. Eloise and I (Mike) were on the Connie with you in Feb 14 and Nov 20. Hope your Dec 4 Connie cruise went well.

When on the Feb 14 Celebrity cruise, I had a semi-private conversation with the LA and she said that Celebrity would definately be putting in a level comparable to Diamond plus. I've been waiting almost a year to see this come through. I am surprised to see so little (or none) talk over on the Celebrity threads about this subject.

Hope to see the Dutch Couple dancing in Michaels on the May TA.

Mike

I am surprised to see so little (or none) talk over on the Celebrity threads about this subject.

Hope to see the Dutch Couple dancing in Michaels on the May TA.

Mike

Hi Mike:

We don't have any cruises booked after our February Constellation cruises. Since Celebrity started playing games with pricing after final payment dates, we decided to take advantage of last minute sales only. The TA will only happen if really attractive prices make the flight less "inconvenient." It would be nice though to have the "Dutch Couple" dance home all the way to Amsterdam. ;)

I'm also surprised that no one responded to my post on the X site outlining the breakdown of RCL categories and it's implications for Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Arno

Hi Mike:

We don't have any cruises booked after our February Constellation cruises. Since Celebrity started playing games with pricing after final payment dates, we decided to take advantage of last minute sales only. The TA will only happen if really attractive prices make the flight less "inconvenient." It would be nice though to have the "Dutch Couple" dance home all the way to Amsterdam. ;)

I'm also surprised that no one responded to my post on the X site outlining the breakdown of RCL categories and it's implications for Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Arno

I've read at least one thread over on the Celebrity Board that was talking about impending changes to the Captain's Club. I'm wondering if there is something in the works that will have both clubs announce changes on or near the same date, such as both going to days and having the same number of levels. That way they can continue reciprocating levels?

I just did a search and found this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246636&highlight=captain+s+club

Archived