CAS Changes

thelion

If change is inevitable, I would hope that RCI adopts something like Princess whereby you can achieve the next level with either numbers of cruises or cruise days. We took a single 33 day cruise with them, which gave us either 1 cruise credit or 33 days of credit - and they can keep track of both!

With Princess,

Gold = 1 completed cruise

Platinum = 6-15 cruises or 51-150 cruise days

Elite = 16+ cruises or 151+ cruise days

As an elite i would not even consider switching to RCCL i only have 2 cruises for 10 days as I consider the Elite perks on Princess much better as a non drinker i convert all my alcahol on the mini bar perk into Diet sodas the free laundry and dry cleaning is a great perk

I just hope RCCL takes this opportunity to eliminate the "household" rule that gives a child the same number of cruise (points-credits-nights-whatever) as the parents who actually earned them.

I have no problem with a child, in the same household, accumulating their own points actually earned while on cruises with their parents. To bestow 100-400 or more credits on a newborn is just wrong.

I totally agree with that!! Is it just children that they do that for? ...or do they do it for anyone in your household?? ....for example, mother, MIL, father, FIL?? It's just wrong if they continue that.

While Royal has a perfect opportunity to re-vamp, here's what I'd like - equal treatment for International cruisers who are C&A members.

At the moment, I can't log in to the Members Only part of the C&A site, can't access my cruise history, never get coupons or notifications of specials, don't get any information apart from what is available to all and sundry, even though my email address is recorded.

When I try to access the Members Only area, I get a message that says, in effect, "We're working on it. Watch this space." Well, I've been watching since 2003 and nothing has happened here!

Equal treatment for all C&A members, I say, regardless of where they live.

Totally agree although we can now see our history in the UK.

Not necessarily ... my Step-Daughter, at age 28, took a 3-night cruise with me, booked with our address, and she is now a Diamond Plus. BTW, we weren't trying to "game the system." She was in transit between college and an apartment, and ours was the most stable address we had for her. Imagine my surprise when her Diamond Plus package arrived with ours! :eek:

I agree with the posters who believe that you should earn your status ... whether it be a child of a cruiser or a 100+ cruise credits Member being given unearned Pinnacle status. JMHO. :rolleyes:

I mean no offense to your step daughter either, but can you imaine just how many people are Diamond and/or Diamond+ without having earned it. I don't understand why RCCL has their eyes closed on that rule. They boot the Diamonds who have earned their benefit from certain perks but yet they allow people who have not earned their status to enjoy the perks. It's just not fair or just and I think that's one of the things that has gotten under people's skins. I wonder if when they add up the nights instead of credits if they will take this time to re-adjust status on people - I think they should! Well, at least on the people that really didn't earn the benefit. This practice that they have certainly helps contribute to the overcrowding in lounges.

I know you didn't take advantage of this practice but I wonder how many people do. Sounds to me that if my son or daughter (who do not live here) booked a cruise and gave our address instead of theirs, they would become Diamond?? That's totally insane!

Interesting number. Let's take some sort of average.......like just 20 Diamond + members on a cruise, and there are 21 ships.......

Rick

Which one did they get rid of when the Allure launched?

The Hotel Director said the same thing on our Jewel 12/3 cruise.

I mean no offense to your step daughter either, but can you imaine just how many people are Diamond and/or Diamond+ without having earned it. ......... I wonder if when they add up the nights instead of credits if they will take this time to re-adjust status on people - I think they should! Well, at least on the people that really didn't earn the benefit. This practice that they have certainly helps contribute to the overcrowding in lounges.

In the case of minor children getting bumped up to a level, they do not also get the increased credits. My son still lives with us, and made his level on his own credits; our credits were never given to him, he earned them. So when he got his adult C&A account, the credits shown were the ones he actually earned (less than ours).

In the case of a minor earning D with 2 credits, when they become 18, they are still D, but they do not have 10 credits, they have 2. They will have to earn the additional credits (or days at sea) to get to the next level (whatever that may be).

I suppose they awarded similar status in the past because they figured those people would be travelling together anyway.

As an elite i would not even consider switching to RCCL i only have 2 cruises for 10 days as I consider the Elite perks on Princess much better as a non drinker i convert all my alcahol on the mini bar perk into Diet sodas the free laundry and dry cleaning is a great perk

I never understood why people who have absolutely have no desire to cruise a certain line,feel the need to post elsewhere,just to bash,,:confused:

Other lines may not be my first choice,but I wouldn't go over there just to be so ugly..

Which one did they get rid of when the Allure launched?

The Hotel Director said the same thing on our Jewel 12/3 cruise.

Oh give poor Rick a break.........he was having a hard time last night.....;););)

Wishing you(Rick) lots of luck today!!:D:D:D

I know you didn't take advantage of this practice but I wonder how many people do. Sounds to me that if my son or daughter (who do not live here) booked a cruise and gave our address instead of theirs, they would become Diamond?? That's totally insane!

Oh,I know of people that do that very thing......so their grown children(who are out of the house) get their status......then they marry and their spouse gets it.....then the children that follow do.........so on and so forth..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the ease of paperwork, I use my address when booking my parents when they cruise with me. One day, my Dad who was just GOLD received his Diamond Plus packet, not sure why he got it. Then they had him and another person mixed up who had over 100 credits, then reality set in and he received his accurate status. One day they will get it right!

Oh,I know of people that do that very thing......so their grown children(who are out of the house) get their status......then they marry and their spouse gets it.....then the children that follow do.........so on and so forth..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe these people are slipping through the cracks. My daughters were dropped from being linked to our account the day they turned 18 even though they still technically lived at home. I didn't ask to drop them. Otherwise my older DD would be D+. When our boys cruised with us we used their address so all docs and contact would come to our house. They were over 18 at the time so they were never linked with us even though they both have the same last name. They are considered gold.

Maybe you'd have to come right out and lie and ask for them to be linked. Or maybe sometimes RCI follows one practice and sometimes another depending on who's doing the input. I don't know.

Gina

So I finally read through the posts on this thread. My thinking is there isn't going to be much of a change for most of the C&A Members. Unless members earned their credits on short sailings, there should not be people who lose out.

I personally think it is a fairer way to award loyalty, through points for days sailed not just for cruises sailed. So many people earned points for three or four night cruises. Fairly under the rules, but not equitable, as many have pointed out.

On the new system:

Cruiser "A" is on a 10 night cruise in an inside cabin. Fare paid: 495.00 10 points.

Cruiser "B" in on a 3 night cruise in a suite cabin. Fare paid: 1020.00 6 points.

Who really "earned" their points????????????????

Which one does RCI make more money on????????????????

On the new system:

Cruiser "A" is on a 10 night cruise in an inside cabin. Fare paid: 495.00 10 points.

Cruiser "B" in on a 3 night cruise in a suite cabin. Fare paid: 1020.00 6 points.

The person who continues to cruise & spend money on RCI. It could be "A" or "B".

Question~~ Is Celebrity following suit and going to start counting nights too???:confused:

I was wondering that same thing. I have always been surprised that Celebrity hasn't added another level and they equate their highest status to Diamond on RCCL.

If someone gets a minute could you please answer this? It sort of got lost. Thanks,

How will we get credit for Days at Sea for cruises that show up in our account as Name of ship with no number of nights? I can't imagine RCCL will go into each account and do it manually. I do not have any proof of cruises I took years ago. Does anyone have any idea?

P.S. I called Crown and Anchor and asked about getting the days updated and was told they could not. The ship shows up and the credit shows up, but not the number of Days of the Cruise. So if C&A goes to Days at Sea will this one just be ZERO?

On the new system:

Cruiser A earned them. Cruiser B bought them and at a high price.

And with their new lack of pricing guarantee, more and more people are sitting back and shopping the sales. :rolleyes: Cruiser A was one of those people - a smart shopper. Cruiser B likes to pay for the perks of a suite because that is the style they are accustomed to.

Gina

If someone gets a minute could you please answer this? It sort of got lost. Thanks,

How will we get credit for Days at Sea for cruises that show up in our account as Name of ship with no number of nights? I can't imagine RCCL will go into each account and do it manually. I do not have any proof of cruises I took years ago. Does anyone have any idea?

P.S. I called Crown and Anchor and asked about getting the days updated and was told they could not. The ship shows up and the credit shows up, but not the number of Days of the Cruise. So if C&A goes to Days at Sea will this one just be ZERO?

We don't know the answer yet. It depends if they grandfather level only or all credits earned converted into days.

They are mass market, so all customers are important to their bottom line. You can't really say that a suite cruiser or a longer cruiser is more important because they have to fill insides and shorter cruises as well.

I was wondering that same thing. I have 2 older cruises that I had to get added and they do not show anything for the itinerary or number of nights. One was a 10 night Panama Canal. I bet that won't count towards the nights if that is what C&A is switching too. The other was a 7 night, so I will have lost 17 nights. Bummer. I would hope they would at least give 7 nights for each knowing that the ship never did shorter than 7 night cruises. I also have one from 1998 that shows Hawaii, but doesn't have the number of nights listed. Ugh. I hope I am not going to have to fight for these, but they add up to quite a few days.

We don't know the answer yet. It depends if they grandfather level only or all credits earned converted into days.

I'd think they'd have to do a conversion to the daily system or their bookings will plummet.

If people with 24 cruise credits and people with 99 cruise credits are left at D+ but beginning counting from ZERO, you can be sure it would be a whole lot worse than kicking the D out of the CL. I would personally wait until the day before final payment is due on my 7 upcoming booked cruises and cancel them just like that. That would be the one thing that would make me really mad and I don't think they'd do it like that.

And if they did that, I'd buy a whole lot more Carnival stock before it goes through the roof. :eek: :p

Gina

I was wondering that same thing. I have 2 older cruises that I had to get added and they do not show anything for the itinerary or number of nights. One was a 10 night Panama Canal. I bet that won't count towards the nights if that is what C&A is switching too. The other was a 7 night, so I will have lost 17 nights. Bummer. I would hope they would at least give 7 nights for each knowing that the ship never did shorter than 7 night cruises.

What if they just say 'ok you made D so now you are D, but you will continue on at lowest D level'? In that case, they wouldn't have to add up anyone's cruise days to date.

I would love for them to add up all my days to date, and give me double days for suites. That would be good!

I'd think they'd have to do a conversion to the daily system or their bookings will plummet.

If people with 24 cruise credits and people with 99 cruise credits are left at D+ but beginning counting from ZERO, you can be sure it would be a whole lot worse than kicking the D out of the CL.

Gina

I hope they do that. It would also mean that people who took extra cruises last minute would not be penalized.

Archived