So how many sea days do you have???

HUH? That is what we are all going by. The assumption that JS and higher are double nights at sea. I know that nothing is official, yet, but under the ASSUMPTION - I am correct and you are not.
I agree with you, but I would not count my chickens until they hatch. As I said in a past post I do not think they are going to count double days for to suites going backwards, only going forward. They still don't count the suites as double cruise credits on cruises b4 they added that benefit years ago. I am only guessing this but RCI has always used the change date for changed benifits.

I will go out on a limb here and promise you that you won't get 10 nights for your 7 night cruise. :rolleyes:

O.K. Big deal. As I have said, JS and higher are double if the Lion can be believed. Obviously FLACruiser99 has not read that JS and higher are double nights. So, at least I have 144 nights and NOT 95 as FLACRUISER99 states.

Again - BIG DEAL - I made D+ today - what? No Congrats???????

I agree with you, but I would not count my chickens until they hatch. As I said in a past post I do not think they are going to count double days for to suites going backwards, only going forward. They still don't count the suites as double cruise credits on cruises b4 they added that benefit years ago. I am only guessing this but RCI has always used the change date for changed benifits.
Not talking the same language, here. The thread about C&A changes stated that under the "NEW" proposed system - JS and higher cruises count as double sea days - Nothing about Cruise Credits. Did you read that thread???

I'm also counting the days like you. People just need to go to their cruise history and is really easy to figure out if you were on a suite or not. I'm pretty sure that they will give the double days to suite guests. I even have one cruise on a suite that only counted as 1 CC because it was before the change and I'm only counting 7 days for this cruise.

Thanks, finally someone is up on the C&A thread concerning the new "days at sea" system - as discussed ad nauseum.

If I did, as you, and counted 2003 as only 1 cruise credit (7 days at sea) I would then only have 137 sea days. The point is this: I made D+ already - TODAY! So - if the "LION" can be believed - who cares? - I will stay at D+ and don't really care about the "magical" 175 days at sea that is required for the "new" D+ status. As long as the basic D+ benefits stay in place i.e. - balcony discounts.

What about the days on RCI cruise tours? Not sailing, but paying RCI. Will they count?

Just something more to add to the mayhem :)

RC has always counted those. For instance, a weeklong cruise was one cruise credit, but a 12 night cruisetour was 2.

Thanks, finally someone is up on the C&A thread concerning the new "days at sea" system - as discussed ad nauseum.

Everyone is "UP" on this thread. No one knows for sure if RCI will go BACK and give you, I or anyone else double sea days for suites booked prior to any changes being made. It may be for cruises booked moving forward. That is all that the previous poster was trying to explain. At this point no one is right or wrong because no one knows for sure what or if RCI is going to do at this point.

rascalious Congrads on making D+, BTW I have 127 days at sea and 29 cruise credits with RCI and will have 144 day credits if they do count double for JS looking backward.

Thanks, friend. It looks like our situations are very similar. I can only hope we are allowed to stay at our current level and continue to enjoy more great RCI cruises.

Everyone is "UP" on this thread. No one knows for sure if RCI will go BACK and give you, I or anyone else double sea days for suites booked prior to any changes being made. It may be for cruises booked moving forward. That is all that the previous poster was trying to explain. At this point no one is right or wrong because no one knows for sure what or if RCI is going to do at this point.

Thanks for your response. Of course, we all are relying on "thelion" for "inside" info - which may or may not be correct.

Well I have now 21 total nights with RCCL since I started sailing way back in December 2009. So far in 2011 I have a 7-day booked on Freedom in April. I am now looking at 5-day Freedom for my 3rd annual December Cruise.

I also have 28 total nights with my first ever cruise (HAL Ryndam) back in August 2009.

RC has always counted those. For instance, a weeklong cruise was one cruise credit, but a 12 night cruisetour was 2.

I have a 19 day cruise tour that I did. I only see the 14 day cruise giving me 2 credits now.

I'm interested in seeing if I get 5 more days when the new system begins.

I'm sorry...........that didn't make any sense to me. :confused:

It does, too. Put on your thinking cap. ;)

They gave her 2 cruise credits and counted it as a 14 day cruise. Anything 12 and over is 2 credits. If they are going to a daily count and it was really a 19 day cruise tour, will she get a 19 day at sea count or a 14 day at sea count. That's a difference of 5. Or does the land portion not count even though it's all with RCI?

Gina

They gave her 2 cruise credits and counted it as a 14 day cruise. Anything 12 and over is 2 credits. If they are going to a daily count and it was really a 19 day cruise tour, will she get a 19 day at sea count or a 14 day at sea count. That's a difference of 5. Or does the land portion not count even though it's all with RCI?

Gina

Well, that's what *I* said in the first place. She seemed to be saying,"But what if............."

That's what made no sense.

I have a 19 day cruise tour that I did. I only see the 14 day cruise giving me 2 credits now.

I'm interested in seeing if I get 5 more days when the new system begins.

Gina

Well, that's what *I* said in the first place. She seemed to be saying,"But what if............."

In other words, the most that you could get was two cruise credits for a 12+ night cruise. 15 doesn't get more, 19 doesn't get more.......

So they COULD only give her two cruise credits before.

Now, with them counting days, since the days of the cruisetour served to lengthen a shorter cruise to a 14 night trip, which earned 2 cruise credits, they will count all 19 days/nights.

But I think she is saying they are only "showing" it as a 14 day cruise. Since it would be 2 cruise credits at 14 or 19 days, she has no reason to ask them to "fix" the days right now. When and if they even change the way they count credits, how are they going to give her 19 if they have her down for a 14 day cruise? I think that might be her concern. I may be wrong.

Gina

But I think she is saying they are only "showing" it as a 14 day cruise. Since it would be 2 cruise credits at 14 or 19 days, she has no reason to ask them to "fix" the days right now. When and if they even change the way they count credits, how are they going to give her 19 if they have her down for a 14 day cruise? I think that might be her concern. I may be wrong.

Gina

But you and I are just uselessly spinning our wheels. Peace out. :)

Gina

Gina, I understand what she's saying..........if her history is showing less days for that cruise, how are they going to know to give her 19 days at sea for it instead of 14. I think if RCCL does change the way they calculate points/days she needs to call and have them fix her history.

I'm D either way they do it.........have enough sea days for D anyway so not worried about that but if they change things D+ is going to be a long way off for us. Still not happy what they did to us with taking away our benefits. It's fine if we're on a Freedom or Oasis class ship since they have a D and D+ lounge but they really put it to us on Voyager and smaller ships and the D event they claim to have every night is pretty lame.......wine and champayne.............DH doesn't drink either one. But the real bummer is that we have a lot of D+ friends and we used to be able to all hang out together usually in an overflow lounge because honestly, the CL is not for us.......no windows........yuk!! On our last cruise they wouldn't even let D+ into the Diamond Event which is ridiculous.

I think RCCL should first of all look at taking access away from family members that have only cruised once or twice and have D and D+ status because someone in their household has it - they should have done that first before they screwed with us Diamonds.

I'm not sure I understand any of these CaC benefits. If we booked suites I'm sure I would be more in the know. After my upcoming Voyager cruise I will have either 4 cruise credits or 28 days. That makes one more cruise until I become platinum, that is, unless they change the tier drastically. If RCI combined my Celebrity credits then I would have been Platinum 2 cruises ago. We're inching up slowly to Diamond. I wonder how much harder it will be when the new changes take effect. Now, if they only had a Gold Lounge :rolleyes:

Archived