So how many sea days do you have???

I understand, you are saying D+ was not allowed to attend the Diamond Event! Are you sure? What ship?

We are always welcome to go to the D event on Radiance and Serenade. We also went to it a couple of times on Adventure but it had WAY too many people most of the time. There were seats, just loads of people.

D events are for D and D+. I was also denied entry into the priority seating in the theater - poor training. The LA was going to straighten them out on it but I never went back since I prefer other places anyway. This could be why D+ was denied entry into the D event on a ship - someone just wasn't aware and needed better training.

Gina

I understand, you are saying D+ was not allowed to attend the Diamond Event! Are you sure? What ship?

This was on the Explorer and a D+ couple walked in and were told the event was for Diamonds only. This could have been a one time thing......but it did happen. I don't know why D+ would want to attend the event anyway, it's pretty lame.....they don't even have snacks.....they had peanuts or trail mix the first few nights and then they said they were out of them.

We are at 197 days at sea with 27 cruise credits. So we are a long way away from the next level!! Don't ever think we will be cruising that long!! We are heading out in May for another Transatlantic (Navigator). Sure hope the new changes in Jan. are likeable to us Diamond + members!! John & Priscilla :) :)

My cruise history on the RCCL site is odd. The first cruise listed with an actual date is a Monarch cruise, July 1992. All of the cruises prior that just say Nov 5, 1970...no ship name, no itinerary...and 1 cruise credit. There are 8 cruises listed like this. Does anyone else have something like that? How can those be counted correctly?

Nov 5, 1970 is the default date they use when the infomation is incomplete. I wonder how they will determine the # of days in these situations. I have 2 like this.

Still wondering if they will combine sea days from Celebrity & Azamara cruises.

Nov 5, 1970 is the default date they use when the infomation is incomplete. I wonder how they will determine the # of days in these situations. I have 2 like this.

I have 8 cruises with this date, so I'm hoping they figure out a good way to count. I do not have documentation to prove what these cruises were, what cabin types we were in, etc. I guess we shall see sometime soon!

I really like that Cruise Critic member that has a siggy that says...."You either have: (A)More cruises than I do, (B)Fewer cruises than I do, or © The same number of cruises that I do. ":D

For some reason, I am really reluctant to talk about it, either onboard or online. We have enough cruises and nights at sea to equal our loyalty program level. It's either bragging or we are cruise wimps. I always feel awkward about discussing it, that's why I don't have a signature. :rolleyes::)

It's fun to read what others have posted, but strangely, I don't want to share. :)

But I think she is saying they are only "showing" it as a 14 day cruise. Since it would be 2 cruise credits at 14 or 19 days, she has no reason to ask them to "fix" the days right now. When and if they even change the way they count credits, how are they going to give her 19 if they have her down for a 14 day cruise? I think that might be her concern. I may be wrong.

Gina

Absolutely correct!

I really like that Cruise Critic member that has a siggy that says...."You either have: (A)More cruises than I do, (B)Fewer cruises than I do, or © The same number of cruises that I do. ":D

For some reason, I am really reluctant to talk about it, either onboard or online. We have enough cruises and nights at sea to equal our loyalty program level. It's either bragging or we are cruise wimps. I always feel awkward about discussing it, that's why I don't have a signature. :rolleyes::)

It's fun to read what others have posted, but strangely, I don't want to share. :)

I do share my future cruises because I sometimes meet fellow cruisers that way.

I feel the same as you do about broadcasting my status. It really shouldn't matter to anyone how many cruises one has been on, but there are some who feel that listing every cruise they've sailed on and their loyalty program status gives them more credibility when answering questions of other posters.

I don't disagree with their point of view; it's just not my point of view.

I try to be helpful and share the knowledge I've gathered from cruising and from this board and I think that's what it is really all about.

If the rumor on this thread turns out to be true, then we have enough sea days to remain Diamond. So unless they take away anything we Diamonds already receive, I should have no complaints. I am of the feeling of many on here, whatever we get is great but if they take it away tomorrow it would be a disapointment for sure but would not be a reason to quit sailing Royal Caribbean. I still book my vacations and cruises according to my preferences and my own decision of where and how to spend my money. Perks are nice but they are just that, perks. But losing certain perks could affect those decisions in the end when all else is considered.

I agree with you, but I would not count my chickens until they hatch. As I said in a past post I do not think they are going to count double days for to suites going backwards, only going forward. They still don't count the suites as double cruise credits on cruises b4 they added that benefit years ago. I am only guessing this but RCI has always used the change date for changed benifits.

I would guess that they would start county double for suites as of the date that they started giving suites 2 credits. I just counted and I'm at 26 credits and only 120 days. Guess some must have been short ones. By years end (if I can keep fingers off keyboard and not book more) I will have 148 days and about 30 on Celebrity.

I do share my future cruises because I sometimes meet fellow cruisers that way.

I feel the same as you do about broadcasting my status. It really shouldn't matter to anyone how many cruises one has been on, but there are some who feel that listing every cruise they've sailed on and their loyalty program status gives them more credibility when answering questions of other posters.

I don't disagree with their point of view; it's just not my point of view.

I try to be helpful and share the knowledge I've gathered from cruising and from this board and I think that's what it is really all about.

I agree with you too. I'm not impressed by people telling me how many cruises they took. Good for them that they are so blessed to afford all those cruises and have the time to take all of them. For most people vacation time is an issue as to how many vacations one can take a year (along with money)......LOL God Bless those that can do it, I think it's wonderful as long as it's something they enjoy doing and are not doing it just to brag.

97 days at sea......with 14 more to be added when we sail our B2B in February :p:D

:::::::waving at Robyn :)

I will always remember the year I came into CC for the first time by the memory of that first Radiance cruise of yours in 2005. You were so excited! I was too... for you and for me since we probably were cruising that year as well. And here I am still climbing to make platinum and you're diamond plus. Way to go :D Hope all your days at sea are smooth.

This might be off topic but what is it about the AOS that makes it your favorite :confused: They're all wonderful ships. Enjoy your next one in Feb :)

97 days at sea......with 14 more to be added when we sail our B2B in February :p:D

I just realized what this thread was about! DUH :eek:

Okay, so I figured out that under the new system, I would have 194 days as every time I sailed it has been in a suite for 7 days.

I will add 28 to that total upon completion of my upcoming B2B = 28

So grand total will be : 222

Archived