So how many sea days do you have???

My cruise history on the RCCL site is odd. The first cruise listed with an actual date is a Monarch cruise, July 1992. All of the cruises prior that just say Nov 5, 1970...no ship name, no itinerary...and 1 cruise credit. There are 8 cruises listed like this. Does anyone else have something like that? How can those be counted correctly?

I have one like that. It was our first SOA cruise in 1993. It was a 7-nighter and I hope it gets counted as such. It is listed as taking place Nov 5, 1970 as well. Our second SOA cruise in 1994 is listed correctly with the correct date and number of nights. Since I don't stand a snowballs chance in h*ll of reaching Pinacle, I'm okay with it as long as they grandfather. I'd like to stay D+.

If I added right, we have 244 nights, not counting the extra 2 on Navigator in Sept. 2004 when a 7 nite became 9 nite because of hurricane weather. It will be interesting to see if RCI counts those "extra" nights. I am not counting (no pun intended) on it.

My cruise history on the RCCL site is odd. The first cruise listed with an actual date is a Monarch cruise, July 1992. All of the cruises prior that just say Nov 5, 1970...no ship name, no itinerary...and 1 cruise credit. There are 8 cruises listed like this. Does anyone else have something like that? How can those be counted correctly?

I have one of those too........no ship name..just says 1970,,,,,,,,,and one credit,.........but I never cruised then,.,.,.,.weird,,:rolleyes:

Maybe they had suites ,so those are double..

Wait, in my cyphering and figgering from what's been posted, I've only been counting actual nights plus 1 night for suites. Do you double every night of a suite cruise to calculate the sea days? I know, it's all conjecture anyway since it's not been made official yet, but is that how you've been calculating? :confused:

Can I count the days from my 20 years in the US Navy? :D

Funny, I was thinking along those lines.

30 years, or about 2,500 days on my own

boats.

Started cruising last year....22 days.

UUmmm, so we are still on the water.

Difference is getting paid vs.paying to be

on the water.

:cool::cool:

Wait, in my cyphering and figgering from what's been posted, I've only been counting actual nights plus 1 night for suites. Do you double every night of a suite cruise to calculate the sea days? I know, it's all conjecture anyway since it's not been made official yet, but is that how you've been calculating? :confused:

I thought thats what they said........but who knows?? Im so confised with all these numbers flying around:o

247 nights total cruising so far, 233 nights & 43 credits with RCCL. Our plans are to add at least another 14 nights with RCCL in 2011, I guess it will take awhile to get to Pinnacle status but still very happy to be a D+ member.

Ron :)

Heres where I read it..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27255616&postcount=14

I would think so. One extra night credit for a full week of a suite wouldn't seem like much of a credit benefit.

Gina

For me, nobody knows...

My memory is poor...and Royal Caribbean's accounting is messed up...

But, according to their accounting, as of the end of my cruise next week, I will have 88 credited "nights" on RCCL, and, should they decide to combine the programs, another 115 on Celebrity...

Yes, I hope they combine the two as that would put me at a current 203 nights for which I've put dollars into the pockets of RCI...

I have more than enough to guaranty the balcony discount. That's all I really care about.

I'd hit the like button if I could. :)

They wouldn't DARE take that away, would they? Especially after just making it able to be combined with the OBC for booking on board.

Gina

I do not think they are going to count double days for to suites going backwards, only going forward. They still don't count the suites as double cruise credits on cruises b4 they added that benefit years ago. I am only guessing this but RCI has always used the change date for changed benifits.

I must be missing something I only count 95.(Using your sig)

Well, you are not counting correctly. Under the new plan all JS and above get double - which most all of mine have been.:

2003 JS 7-night = 14

2004 JS 7-night = 14

2005 GS 7-night = 14 (20 if counting for extended 10-night cruise)

2006 JS 7-night = 14

2007 JS 7-night = 14

2008 JS 5-night = 10

2008 JS 7-night = 14

2009 JS 5-night =10

2009 GS 7-night = 14

2010 E1 12-night = 12

2010 D2 4-night = 4

2010 GS 5-night =10

Total is at least 144 and possibly 150 if 10 night for 7-night is counted.

So your math is WRONG!!! and you have failed to figure my days at sea correctly.

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkhornne

So would it be safe to say a JS catagory for a 12 night cruise would be 36 nights?

Thanks

No. It would be 24. They are doing away with the "two points" for longer cruises. It is strictly one night = one point except in JS and above which is one night = two points. "

You are correct in your assumption. Almost all our cruises are double sea days due to JS or higher. FLACruiser99 has assumed incorrectly!!!!!

"Quote:

So would it be safe to say a JS catagory for a 12 night cruise would be 36 nights?

Thanks

No. It would be 24. They are doing away with the "two points" for longer cruises. It is strictly one night = one point except in JS and above which is one night = two points. "

I'm I the only one with a better C&A level with the new system?? Right now we have 23 CC, obtained in 11 cruises. Some of these cruises were over 12 nights and most in suites. With the new system we have 186 nights and that will make us D+. Under the actual system we are plain D's. I think that the "new" system is really fair. For example we received 3 credits for our IOS Med Cruise. This cruise was 14 nights long and we had a suite. While someone with access to short cruises could get the same 3 credits with three short cruises on and inside cabin. Now, I'll get 28 days while the person with the small cruises gets 12.;)

Well, you are not counting correctly. Under the new plan all JS and above get double - which most all of mine have been.:

2003 JS 7-night = 14

2004 JS 7-night = 14

2006 JS 7-night = 14

2007 JS 7-night = 14

2008 JS 5-night = 10

2008 JS 7-night = 14

2009 JS 5-night =10

2009 GS 7-night = 14

2010 E1 12-night = 12

2010 D2 4-night = 4

2010 GS 5-night =10

So your math is WRONG!!! and you have failed to figure my days at sea correctly.

No my days at sea count is correct and your day at sea credits are correct if RCI figures them that way. No one knows for sure.

No my days at sea count is correct and your day at sea credits are correct if RCI figures them that way. No one knows for sure.
HUH? That is what we are all going by. The assumption that JS and higher are double nights at sea. I know that nothing is official, yet, but under the ASSUMPTION - I am correct and you are not.

2003 JS 7-night = 14

2004 JS 7-night = 14

2006 JS 7-night = 14

2007 JS 7-night = 14

2008 JS 5-night = 10

2008 JS 7-night = 14

2009 JS 5-night =10

2009 GS 7-night = 14

2010 E1 12-night = 12

2010 D2 4-night = 4

2010 GS 5-night =10

"Quote:

Thanks

I will go out on a limb here and promise you that you won't get 10 nights for your 7 night cruise. :rolleyes:

2003 JS 7-night = 14

2004 JS 7-night = 14

2006 JS 7-night = 14

2007 JS 7-night = 14

2008 JS 5-night = 10

2008 JS 7-night = 14

2009 JS 5-night =10

2009 GS 7-night = 14

2010 E1 12-night = 12

2010 D2 4-night = 4

2010 GS 5-night =10

"Quote:

Thanks

I'm also counting the days like you. People just need to go to their cruise history and is really easy to figure out if you were on a suite or not. I'm pretty sure that they will give the double days to suite guests. I even have one cruise on a suite that only counted as 1 CC because it was before the change and I'm only counting 7 days for this cruise.

Archived