So how many sea days do you have???

:::::::waving at Robyn :)

I will always remember the year I came into CC for the first time by the memory of that first Radiance cruise of yours in 2005. You were so excited! I was too... for you and for me since we probably were cruising that year as well. And here I am still climbing to make platinum and you're diamond plus. Way to go :D Hope all your days at sea are smooth.

This might be off topic but what is it about the AOS that makes it your favorite :confused: They're all wonderful ships. Enjoy your next one in Feb :)

Oh my gosh, BonTXNY :D

I haven't seen you around here in ages!!!!!! Great to see you again!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah - my first cruise in 2005.....I remember it well (and apparently I was so neurotic before sailing, that others remember it too!) I got seriously hooked on cruising and here I am 6 years later and feeling that same giddy excitment every time I step on a RCI ship.

What is it about the AOS? Well, let me see......our first cruise on her was in January 2006 and we had smooth seas, perfect weather and I was very impressed with ship and her crew so we tried a B2B in 2007. We were then bitten by the B2B bug (which bites very hard as you can see from my signature) and we have now sailed her 8 times with 9 and 10 on the way in February. When I step on the AOS it is like coming home. I know many of the crew, guest relations staff and of course DeDe the Concierge :) who I stay in touch with all year round. I love San Juan and coming from Toronto I am guaranteed hot and sunny weather when I step off the plane in the depths of the winter months (Florida tends to be cool in the winter months these days).

Having said all of the above, I still stand by the idea that a cruise is what you make it - and I am so excited and happy to be onboard, how could it be anything but fabulous??????

Bon - wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year!

Oh my gosh, BonTXNY :D

I haven't seen you around here in ages!!!!!! Great to see you again!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah - my first cruise in 2005.....I remember it well (and apparently I was so neurotic before sailing, that others remember it too!) I got seriously hooked on cruising and here I am 6 years later and feeling that same giddy excitment every time I step on a RCI ship.

What is it about the AOS? Well, let me see......our first cruise on her was in January 2006 and we had smooth seas, perfect weather and I was very impressed with ship and her crew so we tried a B2B in 2007. We were then bitten by the B2B bug (which bites very hard as you can see from my signature) and we have now sailed her 8 times with 9 and 10 on the way in February. When I step on the AOS it is like coming home. I know many of the crew, guest relations staff and of course DeDe the Concierge :) who I stay in touch with all year round. I love San Juan and coming from Toronto I am guaranteed hot and sunny weather when I step off the plane in the depths of the winter months (Florida tends to be cool in the winter months these days).

Having said all of the above, I still stand by the idea that a cruise is what you make it - and I am so excited and happy to be onboard, how could it be anything but fabulous??????

Bon - wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year!

Oh my gosh, DeDe, what a wild and crazy woman. My all time favorite. Ok, now you did it. I will have to book the AOS again just to see her.

3 day Sovereign

5 day Enchantment

11 day Jewel

7 Day Oasis

4 day Grandeur

7 day Liberty

3 day Majesty

40 nights at the moment.

Basically what I see based on the levels from the other thread is that Emerald is going to become the current Diamond (to people not yet Diamond), in a way. If those days at sea numbers are close to what RCI is going to announce I would need another 15 nights to get to Emerald or about 2-3 cruises. Under the old system I need 3 more to make Diamond. So in my case Diamond is being inched away and Emerald is being thrown in there.

We know for a fact that Emerald and Pinnacle are a real future, we just don't know the real numbers that go along with them. Only time will tell. There will always be complainers.

I don't cruise for C&A only, I cruise to see new places and enjoy myself.

Testing to see if I'm able to post on this thread. I kept getting error messages. Anyway....

Robyn I felt about the Rhapsody the way you feel about the AOS. We were only on her twice but we loved the size and the friendly crew/passengers. The 2nd time really felt like coming home. You were not neurotic about your first cruise, just anxious and very excited.

I can't wait for my upcoming Voyager cruise. Adding those sea days slowly but they WILL add up : )

Have smooth sails for your upcoming b2b and that goes for everyone :)

Enough to stay D+ with our without grandfathering into the new policy. But, based on how long it took us to reach this point we will be 139 years old when we reach the Pinnacle level.:D:D

Peggy.........I wish that I could have experienced that with you........it might have made me push you for more cruises, but then I don't know your whole family and financial situation.

All that I can say is that you have been one of the best critics here, and I have always loved what you have given...........of your life stories, from all over the world.

There are many here that Love you...........and want to say: Happy New Year!!............and keep up exactly what you are doing!!:D;)

Rick

Peggy.........I wish that I could have experienced that with you........it might have made me push you for more cruises, but then I don't know your whole family and financial situation.

All that I can say is that you have been one of the best critics here, and I have always loved what you have given...........of your life stories, from all over the world.

There are many here that Love you...........and want to say: Happy New Year!!............and keep up exactly what you are doing!!:D;)

Rick

Wow, Rick! I'm really flattered. Thank you. (Your fee is in the mail!! :D;))

Yes, I can remember posting especially from Australia and Tahiti. That was one fine trip.

Happy New Year to you, too.

Rick

Just wanted to say this is one of the lovliest posts I've ever seen on this board :)

Just wanted to say this is one of the lovliest posts I've ever seen on this board :)

Oh good! An I like Peggy thread. :p I really like Peggy too, and what a nice compliment to her. :D She is a super person and a great poster on Cruise Cruise Critic. We have all benefited from her knowledge (and gifts) :D:):D

Oh good! An I like Peggy thread. :p I really like Peggy too, and what a nice compliment to her. :D She is a super person and a great poster on Cruise Cruise Critic. We have all benefited from her knowledge (and gifts) :D:):D

OK, enough, ENOUGH, I'm getting embarrassed (did I spell that right?).

Happy New Year, Coralc!!

EVERY, and I mean EVERY day I go to work I see the Atlantic ocean, does that make it a SEE day?

Yes, I think those days should count......:D:D We spend lots of time on Sea Isle's Beach so that should make us Pinnacle by now with lots of sea days!! :D:D Love your idea!

Does anyone really believe that RCI is going to be able to accurately convert the current system of cruise credits to a system based on days cruising, especially if they have to use a multiplier to account for longer cruises or cruises in suites? It wasn't that long ago that they couldn't even get our cruise credit amounts straight and only recently have they been posting new cruise credits shortly after cruises were completed. I don't envy RCI's tech crew or their CSRs when all of the complaints of inaccurate conversions begin pouring in from the many guests who will cite a discrepancy between their records and RCI's.:) Should make for fascinating reading on Cruise Critic though.;)

Does anyone really believe that RCI is going to be able to accurately convert the current system of cruise credits to a system based on days cruising, especially if they have to use a multiplier to account for longer cruises or cruises in suites? It wasn't that long ago that they couldn't even get our cruise credit amounts straight and only recently have they been posting new cruise credits shortly after cruises were completed. I don't envy RCI's tech crew or their CSRs when all of the complaints of inaccurate conversions begin pouring in from the many guests who will cite a discrepancy between their records and RCI's.:) Should make for fascinating reading on Cruise Critic though.;)

But maybe, there will be so many conversion problems that Royal will be very lax about awarding/adjusting sea days and all the conversion challengers will reach Pinnacle by the end of January.

This is exactly why I have a current print out of all my cruises directly from RCI's C&A site.

For the record, all but one of my cruise credits have been added to my record in one week or less. I remember one being a couple of weeks which made me worry. :rolleyes:

And then there were the 3 cruise credits that were added for a cruise I didn't take when I was on another ship that departed the same day. I told them about it and they took them back. Although now it's listed twice - I told them that, too - and they said the second listing is actually a subtraction which is why my cruise credits do add up correctly. But there is no minus or () around the second 3. Maybe they'll give me 56 cruise day credits for that 14 night TA I never took - because of the way it's listed (it was to be a JS). :D

Gina

This is exactly why I have a current print out of all my cruises directly from RCI's C&A site.

For the record, all but one of my cruise credits have been added to my record in one week or less. I remember one being a couple of weeks which made me worry. :rolleyes:

And then there were the 3 cruise credits that were added for a cruise I didn't take when I was on another ship that departed the same day. I told them about it and they took them back. Although now it's listed twice - I told them that, too - and they said the second listing is actually a subtraction which is why my cruise credits do add up correctly. But there is no minus or () around the second 3. Maybe they'll give me 56 cruise day credits for that 14 night TA I never took - because of the way it's listed (it was to be a JS). :D

Gina

My cruise history on their site doesn't include our initial cruise on Song of Norway in 1983, our Nordic Prince cruise in 1985 or our second cruise on Song of Norway in 1990, but the total cruise credits seems to include them. We also have a double listing for a Legend cruise we didn't take so what they told you may apply to mine as well. I keep my own list of all RCI cruises as well as a separate one for all our cruises as a double check, and I have sea passes for all our cruises including those first three. I agree that they have been much more prompt in posting our cruises but I still have reservations about their ability to accurately convert our records to properly reflect the number of sea days, which sailings were more than 12 nights and which ones were in a suite. Let the fun begin:D

• 5 months later...

Sitting here tonight, with nothing better to do.....while I'm cooking us an old New England Clam Chowder......started from a can, but doctored just the way that I like it........I came apon this thread, and was looking back at what we thought Royal Caribbean was going to do, and guessing at how many days.........we thought we had!

I think that I guessed 725, and wound up with 811 days.

A couple of my cruising friends have over 2100 days (nights) at sea with Royal Caribbean, and while they had fun counting their cruises......they have lost interest in counting the days at sea.:rolleyes:

We recently cruised with Princess, and they have a program where you can count either the days at sea, or the number of cruises, and which ever is higher, gives you the tier setting. I really like that idea.

So, after this post.......the thread can once again slip to the bottom of the sea.......so to speak!!:)

Rick

Archived