Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Of course there is! Who do you think designed their new train wreck of a website :D

Oh..........that sure is a train wreck!!! I hate it!!! Takes so long to do a search.........freezes on me........it's a pain in the neck!!! I hope they change it back to the way it was. It's way to busy!!!

We get off the ship at all ports. Only port we don't spend much time at is Old San Juan..........been there to many times, it's always so hot and walking on those cobblestones kill my feet........LOL Wish they'd start docking on some other side of P.R. Would like to see the beach areas but we're never there long enough to do anything but a little walking around town.

I love Cozumel too.......would like to go back to Pancho's Backyard for lunch again. Had a few great lunches at Paradise Beach too.

I dont think these were new style of robes as we had the same kind while in a suite on the Navigator in Nov 2009.

The suite ones were what I think they call, waffle type fabric, while the other one was the terry toweling type fabric.

Not sure if its the same ones.........I know they used to have the lightweight waffle robes........but they were shorter than the ones we had on the RD...those were full-length terry waffle robe with velour collar and cuffs......

I love Cozumel too.......would like to go back to Pancho's Backyard for lunch again. .

Have you been to the one on the new Carnival Pier??? Very nice.........has indoor,outdoor and beach seating......

Have you been to the one on the new Carnival Pier??? Very nice.........has indoor,outdoor and beach seating......

No, when did they do the new one? I haven't been to Cozumel in awhile......we've been cruising out of NJ lately and it's mostly eastern and southern routes.

No, when did they do the new one? I haven't been to Cozumel in awhile......we've been cruising out of NJ lately and it's mostly eastern and southern routes.

sometimethis past year,I think..............you can walk to it from the International Pier..................its really nice..............lots of nice shops,restaurants..........decorated with plants and other foliage............they even have a pedicab for the pax from the ship to get up to the main pier area...wish RCCL's pier was half as nice..

sometimethis past year,I think..............you can walk to it from the International Pier..................its really nice..............lots of nice shops,restaurants..........decorated with plants and other foliage............they even have a pedicab for the pax from the ship to get up to the main pier area...wish RCCL's pier was half as nice..

Sounds nice.......I know the food is excellent there!

Same here. I have just booked today for the Brilliance sailing 28 Feb. Also sitting on 9 credits and was hoping to be Diamond to get equiv with Celebrity for summer cruise.

I was told today I would be Diamond after this cruise so they are still working off the current benefits.

I would get that in writing if possible. If they are telling you (with 9 credits) that you will become Diamond after your Feb. 28 cruise then get it in writing. Via email or go on their online ask a question site and print it out.

They are saying there will be grandfathering but at which point in time? They are going to be dealing with so many people who are at the line between Diamond and Diamond Plus. What a headache RCI has in store. Kind of like Southwest Airlines must be experiencing after todays announcement. Some are happy, many are mad as you know what, hahaha!!!

I guess we're all in for another "Royal" screwing. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess since I already made Diamond and won't have to work through Emerald to get there. Diamond+ is so far away that I don't even think of it. But they did get me with the shareholder benefit not being combinable with onboard future cruise deposits, etc. Even the type of fare can be you ineligiable. The only good thing is I bought the stock at $13. and it's reaching $50. so I got my compensation that way. But I realize there are those who didn't buy it at the low rate and they are getting hit both ways.

I guess we're all in for another "Royal" screwing. I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess since I already made Diamond and won't have to work through Emerald to get there. Diamond+ is so far away that I don't even think of it. But they did get me with the shareholder benefit not being combinable with onboard future cruise deposits, etc. Even the type of fare can be you ineligiable. The only good thing is I bought the stock at $13. and it's reaching $50. so I got my compensation that way. But I realize there are those who didn't buy it at the low rate and they are getting hit both ways.

Good for you. I bought some at $11 and was feeling really good about it. Then when it hit $40 I said, this is it and sold it:o Now look at it. That's always my problem, I sell too soon on the way up and hold too long on the way down.

I guess we're all in for another "Royal" screwing. .....

I just don't get it. How is it getting screwed if something we are given for free is taken away? Sure, I'd be disappointed if they took things away, but I wouldn't feel screwed.

I see people talk about what we've "earned" by cruising and I just shake my head. I can't believe I am the only person who cruises because I love to cruise. I'll take every little perk they want to give me and be grateful but it seems a bit selfish to complain if they stop doing that.

If there are no perks at all (and not even in the most pessimistic and negative posts is that mentioned), the worst position we would be in is that other cruise lines would be on a more level playing field with RCL when I consider a cruise. Right now, I know I like RCL so the competitors are already behind the curve and the benefits add one more thing they have to overcome to get my business. But I have to say I don't look very hard because I am still satisfied with the cruise I expect to get on Royal so it would take an unusual set of circumstances (big price difference, itinerary I can't get on RCL or good friends wanting to try another line) to move me to Princess, Carnival, etc.

Just a reminder with all this speculation about the new C & A program levels. It's not so much which level you qualify for as much as it is the benefits associated with that level. For example last year's changes about Diamonds accessing the Concierge lounge was IMHO a major change.

Let's all just relax and see what RCL offers. No sense getting excited about nothing but speculation at this point. I would hope RCL learned something from their experience with C & A changes last year.

Same here. I have just booked today for the Brilliance sailing 28 Feb. Also sitting on 9 credits and was hoping to be Diamond to get equiv with Celebrity for summer cruise.

Surely they should be honouring cruises booked before the announcement as you are buying into the loyalty programme product when you pay the cruise. However, if you book after the changes then fair enough.

I was told today I would be Diamond after this cruise so they are still working off the current benefits.

ME too!!! I have 8 credits but sailing in a JS on the 15th. I'll enjoy the trip either way, but I will be disappointed if it doesn't get us to diamond -- it was my main reason for upgrading to a JS. I know they can do what they want, it's a free program, etc... but I would hope there would be some reasonable timeframe before implementation of any new program. Crossing fingers....

I would hope RCL learned something from their experience with C & A changes last year.

not directed at you but;

what do we think they learned or were supposed to learn?

Were profits down?

were ships sailing at a loss?

Did passenger counts drop dramatically?

I really don't know the answers to these questions but for sure they do.

This is truly what they care about don't we think???

I'm just checking back in to see if there is any new C&A news. I know when/if there is I'll find out first on cc. It's not that I am anxious about what the changes will be-as we all know that which Royal decides, Royal will do. It's just curiousity to see who really has the inside info on all this.

I'm a CPA, but that only means I can pass a pretty tough test. I am not an expert on money or corporate actions. However, I am comfortable commenting on this to this extent:

The effect on bottom line is the determining factor when deciding corporate actions. Actions that increase shareholder return are going to be encouraged/demanded by the shareholders, and actions that decrease the return are going to be scorned. If the profits decline too much for too long, the shareholders will oust the managers and find someone who can do a better job of returning profits.

The problem is not simple, though, because there is a fine line between increasing profits by reducing services (including perks, etc.) and decreasing profits because the company has angered the customers and they find somewhere else to cruise.

The customers are almost certainly going to want one thing, and the shareholders are almost certainly going to want something else (and it gets really interesting when the customer is also a shareholder)!. The managers needs to find the best way to satisfy both. The manager who can say with accuracy: I can remove this much extra expense without running too many customers off, thus increasing profits by this much, will be the manager who keeps his job.

Concerning learning their lesson: RCI may have seen a decrease in profits on a temporary basis after their last actions (I wasn't paying attention back then, so I am not certain all the details of what they did and the effect on the customers.) However, they eventually were able to satisfy their owners/stockholders, or they wouldn't be considering doing it again. Having said that: we don't really know exactly what it is they are considering doing. Everything is just one big guess at this time.

The problem with predicting the future is: it hasn't happened yet! :D

As a shareholder who has seen his investment increase by over 200% I do not have issue with the CAS system the way it is and don't think it needs to be adjusted and as a customer I certainly don't want any adjustments that will take away my current benefits or require booking more cruises (i.e. spending more money) to advance to the next level..

Good for you. I bought some at $11 and was feeling really good about it. Then when it hit $40 I said, this is it and sold it:o Now look at it. That's always my problem, I sell too soon on the way up and hold too long on the way down.

As a wise old man told me once "Never be sorry to take a profit."

Tucker in Texas

not directed at you but;

what do we think they learned or were supposed to learn?

Were profits down?

were ships sailing at a loss?

Did passenger counts drop dramatically?

I really don't know the answers to these questions but for sure they do.

This is truly what they care about don't we think???

you make a great point!

I do know that when they first made the changes some 3600 reservations were canceled.....that's why they backpedeled really fast and added the Diamond event.

They do learn and hopefully the lesson is still on their minds when they make the newest rounds of changes next week!

Archived