Crown & Anchor Society level changes

And when the website goes down tomorrow afternoon....it may cause general panic. :eek: :D

Too late, its already down. I have been trying to do mock bookings all night for Enchantment and I am getting this...

Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Too late, its already down. I have been trying to do mock bookings all night for Enchantment and I am getting this...

Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Michele, unfortunately their best programmers had to go back to middle school on January 3. :rolleyes:

Same here. Very annoying.

I must have the site up to order the chocolate covered strawberrys and champagne, the flowers, the Coca Cola card and

most of all to PRINT MY SEA PASS DOCS before the cruise next Saturday, the 15th.

What do you think, how long will this sucker be down.

Oops, it just came up with this message.

"If you are trying to make a reservation, you can contact a Certified Vacation Plannerat (866) 562-7625 or you can contact your local representative."

Guess it is down for a while and they are afraid they are losing customers since you can't do anything on the site.

Guess we will just keep guessing on this one.

Julia

I must have the site up to order the chocolate covered strawberrys and champagne, the flowers, the Coca Cola card and

most of all to PRINT MY SEA PASS DOCS before the cruise next Saturday, the 15th.

"If you are trying to make a reservation, you can contact a Certified Vacation Plannerat (866) 562-7625 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(866) 562-7625******end_of_the_skype_highlighting or you can contact your local representative."

Guess it is down for a while and they are afraid they are losing customers since you can't do anything on the site.

Julia

Julia, my best guess is Sunday afternoon. But definitely by Monday - which is plenty of time to print your SetSail Pass.

And you can (as you have discovered) order stuff on the phone.

:)

"If you are trying to make a reservation, you can contact a Certified Vacation Plannerat (866) 562-7625 or you can contact your local representative."

Julia

It will be back in plenty of time for your cruise. They have a phone number to call in your orders. And you don't even need your set sail pass. It just makes it faster if you have it in hand. But you have 7 more days to print it since it can be done up until the day before you leave.

Gina

There must be so many people on the Royal website that it is taking a long time to load but I did get in, and it did say I still have 23 points and I am still Diamond status. We have printed out our former cruises and put them on a spread sheet. Only one of the cruises was in a suite - the last one where the upgrade fairy contacted us the day before we sailed. Still, we need only 1 point to make it to D+ and that sholuld happen when we get on the Explorer in February for the superbowl, but if they change the program, we will be grandfathered in as Diamond and just miss Diamond Plus by 1 point. Someone stated that maybe they let us still earn points on cruises that were booked long before this new change. I don't know as we have 4 cruises booked right now. We only need one more point...oh well. We love Royal and will continue to sail, even if it means that it will take us longer to get to D+ under the new system.

Darlene

Can someone summarize (or point me to) what we think the change will be...PLEASE? :) I hear about this change but can't reverse engineer this thread to make out what we think this change is.

We're about to go Diamond after the cruise next week (1/15). If they grandfather us in as Platinum based on 1/12 status ... I'm going to blow a gasket :D:mad:.

I did have the following exchange with the RCCL C&A online chat in case you're interested. What do you think?

Chat Content:

KristenRCCL: [18:41] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Marco: [18:41] Hello

KristenRCCL: [18:41] What can I assist you with today Marco.

Marco: [18:41] Quick question...I heard a rumor that you guys are changing the C&A plan on 1/12.

[18:42]We are scheduled on the Serenade on 1/15 in a Grand Suite so we get 2 credits because this will make us Diamond. I hope this change won't affect us negatively since we did this just for that purpose

[18:43]Anything we should worry about that you know of?

KristenRCCL: [18:44] One moment.

Marco: [18:45] standing by...thanks.

KristenRCCL: [18:45] We have not made any announcements with regard to the Crown & Anchor Society since last June when we made improvements to the program with the introduction of the Onboard Booking Bonus and new onboard value coupons by tier. The Crown & Anchor Society members are very important to us as a company and any changes to the program would be driven by our quest for continuous improvement and based on member input. Further, as stated in the past, current members would be grandfathered in at their existing tier level. Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and rest assured that we are committed to providing you the best cruise experience in the industry, including our Crown & Anchor Society."

[18:47]Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Marco: [18:47] Understood...I'm just worried that if you make the cutoff 1/12 then we are technically not Diamond yet and that would be very bad since we'd get "grandfathered" as Platinum if you move the goal line for Diamond. I guess you can't say more other than the official language so I'll just have to hope you've thought this circumstance through. See you guys in a few days! Happy new year!

KristenRCCL: [18:48] Thank you and have a wonderful evening Marco.

I got the same cut copy and paste, boilerplate message verbatem when I contacted them :eek:...We'll see.

Oh that would be very annoying...if you can't even book cruises for people or give them a quote or price check. I didn't realize cruising power goes down too. ;) But since I'm not in the business, I call to book and use some of those other sites for notifications. :-)

EDIT: wow, I type slow with 2 fingers.

I can't even log into my cruises, and a few people are mentioning signs in baltimore port, anyone have a link?

If the sign is up again in Baltimore tomorrow when I check in, I'll try to take a picture and post it.

Of course that's true. (but don't spoil it);) What else shall we get all worked up about over the weekend?:D:D And when the website goes down tomorrow afternoon....it may cause general panic. :eek: :D

I don't know, but things seem a little dicey and panicky right now! It's 9:45PM PST and I'm nobody on their C&A web site.

Oh that would be very annoying...if you can't even book cruises for people or give them a quote or price check. I didn't realize cruising power goes down too. ;) But since I'm not in the business, I call to book and use some of those other sites for notifications. :-)

EDIT: wow, I type slow with 2 fingers.

I am seriously worried about asking you why you are typing with two fingers, because I'm afraid you're going to tell me you broke 8 fingers recently!!!!! :eek: :D

Thanks. It's because I don't know how to type. :) 1 does the shift key and the other one hunts & pecks. :) But I'm pretty fast at it.

I would be concerned, but I'm not booking a cruise, checking prices or waiting to print out a setsail. I feel sorry for the people that are . (that would be annoying) There is nothing much exciting going on right now, (and it's cold) so I am anxious to see if something will change. In the meantime...we have Cruise Critic. :D:D:D

Well all is back to normal now on the website, unfortunately it wasn't down to make improvements to it:rolleyes:

History still shows as credits.

Same here, logged in around 7am and credits still same.

[quote name='Tamerella']Have you seen the updated C&A Benefits page on the RCCL site? It looks like they have listed/detailed more of the benefits (listing more Diamond Plus benefits than before). The page was different yesterday.[/QUOTE]

You had probably been looking at it when you weren't logged in. Once you log in the page changes and gets much longer. It's always been like that. Mine is the same as always. Even the wording at the top is different once you log in.

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']You had probably been looking at it when you weren't logged in. Once you log in the page changes and gets much longer. It's always been like that. Mine is the same as always. Even the wording at the top is different once you log in.

Gina[/quote]

That must be it. Seems odd that they would list more benefits when you are logged in....than when you are not logged in.

Archived