Good Idea or Dumb Idea??

bankerbabe

So I had what I thought was a brilliant idea last night. But my husband thinks it's a really dumb idea. So I'm turning to my fellow Cruise Critic folks to see what you all think.

And yes, I know what a trivial little thing this is, but . . . . . I'm a dork.

We have an aft wrap balcony on our upcoming cruise, in March 2011. Since we have a large balcony, we will be spending a lot of time on it, particularly since we have two other families that will be joining us. I can picture us spending many afternoons hanging out on the balcony, drink in hand, watching the world go by.

We are arriving in Miami a couple of days early, so I thought I would just swing by a WalMart or other such store and pick up a small, inflatable children's pool. We could half-fill it with cool water so that while we are sitting on our large balcony enjoying the view, we could stick our feet in the water to cool off. I do it at home sometimes, when it's really warm outside it just feels good to stick your feet in the water.

I think it's brilliant. Hubby thinks it's stupid. What do you think?

I personally, love your idea, but I'm a dork too. I say go-for-it, what do you have to lose? BTW it wont be much smaller than the cruise ship pool anyway and you'll have it all to yourselves and wont have to worry about any chair hogs. Just make sure to bring something to inflate it with; it would be quite a task to blow something like that up.

Have a great time and be sure to take some pics. Cari :)

Sorry, I have to agree with your Hubby..... You paid for a cruise go injoy the Ship.. You could of saved yourself a few thousand dollars and bought the pool and sat in your backyard. Just saying

hmmmm - tending to agree with your husband - how do you plan to fill the pool, carry water in glasses out to the balcony; then comes the emptying of the pool, how would that go? Not to mention the balcony - what will you do with the chairs out there (the aft balconies are not that big) after a day or two the pool water would be a bit nasty ...........then back to re-filling and emptying etc.

I do like your creative side though :)

Happy sailing

I think you are envisioning your balcony to be larger than it is. Yes, aft wrap balconies are awesome! And much bigger than any other balcony! But I'm thinking even the smallest inflatable pool would cover the entire depth of the balcony, meaning only 2 people could sit and put their feet in it...one on each side. Also, anyone who wanted to walk past it would pretty much have to walk through it. And then there are the problems of emptying the pool and also something that wasn't mentioned.....things falling into the pool from above. Personally, I love my aft wraps, will have one on my next cruise.....but I don't think this would be an idea that would enhance my enjoyment of it.

I can't imagine sticking any body part in cold water would be pleasant. There's generally a nice breeze on the balcony. I've always been comfortable outside onboard.

How do you plan on dumping the stinky-foot water? Just pour it on the balcony of the people below you?

I think your husband sounds more practical.

I can't imagine sticking any body part in cold water would be pleasant. There's generally a nice breeze on the balcony. I've always been comfortable outside onboard.

How do you plan on dumping the stinky-foot water? Just pour it on the balcony of the people below you?

I think your husband sounds more practical.

Have to agree with this answer. However, women usually do what they want to do, regardless....

Archived