Playa Mia Beach Resort Cozumel - Cooking class

Thinking about booking the Cooking class and beach time at Playa Mia... Anyone done this escursion before??? Like Dislike - worth the $$ and was there enough time for alittle shopping in San Migal??

I looked at it but didn't like the menu...the day I asked it was Fish Tacos and some steamed fish in banana leaves. Skipped it then...a few weeks later (Christmas) I did go instead to the Salsa and Salsa class...we did really enjoy that one. It costs more, but given comparable pricing were happy with that tour.

The cooking class has better beach access etc...afterwards than the tour we did but we went shopping so that was a non issue anyhow.

I did this class with a bunch of CC members and we all agreed it was the best RCCl excursion we had ever done. It was a great day a wonderful chef and a very good meal..............you could choose between fish or chicken.......than we all sat down to eat in an nice air conditioned room....there was plenty of wine and lots of tequila and shots if you wanted them while cooking.........It was a very clean and professional kitchen and the chef although young new his job (my son is a chef so I know the real thing) The kitchen was immaculately clean and afterwards we had time on the beach all in all a great day out.......

Hope this helps.

Wish the guy from that beach place had offered up the option of chicken or fish...I'd have gone and done that tour then. Everything sounds very good about it from the color brochure etc...for me it was pureley the fish only option the day I wanted to go...

OP if you don't care about what you cook or want the fish. or have the chicken option, go for it...or if you want unlimited strawberry margaitas the Salsa and Salsa...

Next time in COZ I will ask if chicken is an option so I can try the cooking class.

While you are cooking, the staff is bringing you drink after drink, most times not waiting until you are finished the one you have. They are very encouraging in that respect. :eek: If you count the cost of drinks that are included in the price, I think it is worth the money. After all those drinks though, I'm not sure you'll be in the mood to shop.

We did this 2 in 2009 and it was hands down the best excursion we've ever done that we booked thru RCL Also had the choice of fish or chicken. You will also make an appetizer and dessert and as others have said...the drinks flow freely all day. After lunch you have access to the beach and pool facilties and continued open bar for as long as you stay. Overll, well worth the money we spent and a great time. It was my DH (37) and I (37) at the time...both of us enjoyed it.

I've done this one THREE times. :D It's the best excursion there is. The first time we did it they held it in the big tent outside with no AC and fish was the only option. This didn't stop me from doing it again and again. The chicken option is nice, the drinks free flowing, and Luis who is the young chef is older than he appears. He must be 26 by now. :p He's been doing this for years and he is the BEST. He's creative, charming, well spoken, quick thinking and really knows how to lead a class and show them a good time. If Moises is still there, he's really nice, too.

The bar and buffet are both open and included the rest of the time you are there. (or it was when we did it) The pool and beach are both great. You can leave when your time comes or you can get your own cab and leave early or late.

Gina

So, if you're not a drinker is the class still worth taking?

It's lots of fun, the food is really good, and the other people are generally good company and quite entertaining, too. You don't have to drink alcohol and you can still drink all you want. They'll have you flipping food even if you didn't think you could do it and catch it in your pan. It's nice to hang out by the pool or on the beach afterwards, too.

There are 4 people at a station and you work in pairs.

Gina

I've done this one THREE times. It's the best excursion there is. The first time we did it they held it in the big tent outside with no AC and fish was the only option. This didn't stop me from doing it again and again. The chicken option is nice, the drinks free flowing, and Luis who is the young chef is older than he appears. He must be 26 by now. He's been doing this for years and he is the BEST. He's creative, charming, well spoken, quick thinking and really knows how to lead a class and show them a good time. If Moises is still there, he's really nice, too.

The bar and buffet are both open and included the rest of the time you are there. (or it was when we did it) The pool and beach are both great. You can leave when your time comes or you can get your own cab and leave early or late.

Gina

I beat you, Gina. Just did it for the FIFTH time.

Luis is the BEST. He will always offer the option of chicken instead of fish. Moises is still "playing straight guy" and helping out. Only the drink servers change. :D

Luis is on the right; Moises on the left.

2259432010077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Luis taking a tequila shot. ;)

2945905170077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2413322260077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2655614340077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Luis hasn't aged a bit. LOL You've gotta love those guys. Moises is sweet, too.

Maybe I should do it my next TWO trips there this month so I can be in a tie with you. ;) (but we'll probably do nothing but hang out.)

Gina

I take someone new each time............they should be paying me royalties! ;) :D

Thinking about booking the Cooking class and beach time at Playa Mia... Anyone done this escursion before??? Like Dislike - worth the $$ and was there enough time for alittle shopping in San Migal??

Several people in our Meet and Mingle went to this excursion. Some for the second time. Everyone loved it and said it was definitely worth it. I was at Playa Mia just for the beach and wasn't that impressed with it. There maybe some photos left on our website from that cruise, I'm getting ready to take it down, but check out http://ourfreedomcruise.com

Luis hasn't aged a bit. LOL You've gotta love those guys. Moises is sweet, too.

Maybe I should do it my next TWO trips there this month so I can be in a tie with you. ;) (but we'll probably do nothing but hang out.)

Gina

Oh, those weren't pictures from this week.

Compare those to these:

2417783660077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2193951700077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Do you think that he has changed in 3 years? :)

Archived