The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

I know very little about programing personally.:o But I do have a husband, 2 daughters, and a son-in-law that are all engineers - with one of the daughters being a computer science engineer. And she wrote code when she first graduated before moving into management.

So I am aware of just how much can be written into a program. Then the computer does all the work. It really would be very easy to write a code to convert everyone's current credits to days cruised with side codes to account for suite sailings and Diamonds in Dec or whatever modifiers RCI decided they wanted to include. :)

I hope they have someone knowledgeable onboard. :D We'll have to wait until Wednesday and see. In the meantime, it is just my mindless speculation...along with a sense of anticipation. :D I am really curious now, as to what Royal Caribbean will do! :)

I hope they have someone knowledgeable onboard. :D We'll have to wait until Wednesday and see. In the meantime, it is just my mindless speculation...along with a sense of anticipation. :D I am really curious now, as to what Royal Caribbean will do! :)

Of course we are all playing the "what if" game..... no one is any more right than anyone else at this stage of the game. ;)

But as we know the change is coming on Wednesday. That is one thing that was very clear to me. I never would have called had they not messed up my husband's account. At least it wasn't my account since I am considered the primary account (most credits).

She did say one thing of importance. That is, it will be a good idea to print out your account information at this time. PRINT - that is what I recommend. Copying to a file isn't good enough. Computers crash when you least expect it. I had already printed my records. We looked up DH's record for the first time in a long time and printed it - minus the two sailings she told me were missing. Had DH looked at his own account, he'd have noticed in November that something was wrong.

Gina

Yikes....too late now. After I read this I went to RC's website to print our records. The site is totally down!

Yikes....too late now. After I read this I went to RC's website to print our records. The site is totally down!

This has been happening off and on over the last couple of days. I will likely be up again tomorrow if not sooner. Just try again.

Gina

Well, I for one am very dissapointed. I've taken 4 cruises and have one booked for 1/31/11. That would make me platinum.

If this works like the rumors state, I won't make platinum for another 15 days at least. This sucks..

Love RCCL tho... and wouldn't consider cruising with any other line, just that I was hoping for a few perks.. ((sigh))

Doomed to be a peeon forever..

Well, we'll be peons right along with you :)

This will be the same situation with us. We haven't actually booked our next cruise yet, but were planning on one in February or March which would have made us Platinum. I know it's not much, but I was also hoping for the few perks of being platinum. Oh well, guess we'll find out the scoop Wednesday.

I suggest that everyone print their cruise credit history as a whole web page so it has the RCCL branding included in the printout. Then, click on the next page and print that one, etc. Highlighting and printing doesn't really give you the full url at the bottom of the printed page, and the My Cruises logo, etc., does it?

I printed both mine and my husband's just now.

I don't think it's necessary to print out history's. I bet RCI does a tape backup, probably every day because servers do crash and info does get corrupted. It's pretty standard practice to maintain records on tape in case of loss of servers.

I suggest that everyone print their cruise credit history as a whole web page so it has the RCCL branding included in the printout. Then, click on the next page and print that one, etc. Highlighting and printing doesn't really give you the full url at the bottom of the printed page, and the My Cruises logo, etc., does it?

I printed both mine and my husband's just now.

I would think that just printing all the info with the first page would be enough. But maybe not, and "why not" print it all? :D

As for the next poster saying to leave it up to RCI's tape backup. :eek: Really? I sure wouldn't leave that up to someone else and expect them to run look it up for me. As we all know in the past it's RCI that has asked cruisers to prove it that they were on a ship.

Gina

I would think that just printing all the info with the first page would be enough. But maybe not, and "why not" print it all? :D

As for the next poster saying to leave it up to RCI's tape backup. :eek: Really? I sure wouldn't leave that up to someone else and expect them to run look it up for me. As we all know in the past it's RCI that has asked cruisers to prove it that they were on a ship.

Gina

eek, really? lol. Mass hysteria seems to have ensued. I didn't say "leave it up to RCI's tape backup". I did say however, I bet they have tape backup. At least get the quotes right.

I just printed Dh"s & mine right off of the hot printer. I do not trust RCI's records. Years ago I was missing a cruise credit it took a while but I proved we had sailed & we finally received the credit do not want to go through that again. I just printed out our cruise history with X as well.

Thanks Mommabean for the heads up.

eek, really? lol. Mass hysteria seems to have ensued. I didn't say "leave it up to RCI's tape backup". I did say however, I bet they have tape backup. At least get the quotes right.

Actually...I didn't make any quotes. You are the one who used quotes. I just suggested that since they have a tape back up as suggested I sure wouldn't leave it up to those backups to find my missing cruises.

Please don't accuse me of making "quotes". :eek: I think it's quite prudent to keep one's own records.

Gina

Please don't accuse me of making "quotes". :eek: I think it's quite prudent to keep one's own records.

Gina

Gina - I agree 100%. If there is any doubt as to # of cruises taken, it will be up to the passenger to prove it. I have copied and pasted my entire cruise history into a word document - better safe than sorry! :)

Gina - I agree 100%. If there is any doubt as to # of cruises taken, it will be up to the passenger to prove it. I have copied and pasted my entire cruise history into a word document - better safe than sorry! :)

Print it, too. Someone in my family spends a lot of time crashing computers and it's not me. :eek: ;) (DH) You just never know when it will fail.

Gina

I think they will simply multiply the number of days by the number of credits earned for each cruise you sailed to give the new totals. It's not rocket science and how hard would that be for a computer to compute?? Just my thoughts on the subject but since this is not a life or death situation, we will go with whatever RCCL puts out there, good-bad-or indifferent. They're perks people, they can be taken away at any moment. We appreciate anything RCCL offers us and will continue to sail with them regardless.

So what happens if you are all wrong and the rumours of changes are just that... rumours.

I cannot believe that so many get hyped up by something that might not even happen

I was told today by a woman at crown and anchor that they change is happening on Wednesday. She didn't say what the changes would be and I didn't think it was polite to ask something she's not permitted to answer. Because of a problem with my husband's account I called and found out the corrections will need to be made after the change.

Gina

So what happens if you are all wrong and the rumours of changes are just that... rumours.

I cannot believe that so many get hyped up by something that might not even happen

Then we just go back to speculating about the next big thing...what was it? Project Sunshine or something? :D:):D

Wow at least somebody reads my posts, I am sure that something will happen with the C&A ( there are too many signs out there for it to be nothing ). But there is no confirmation ( apart from gossip ) that the magical 12th Jan date will be when. I have looked into my crystal ball and can only see mist. :D

Then we just go back to speculating about the next big thing...what was it? Project Sunshine or something? :D:):D

Wow at least somebody reads my posts, I am sure that something will happen with the C&A ( there are too many signs out there for it to be nothing ). But there is no confirmation ( apart from gossip ) that the magical 12th Jan date will be when. I have looked into my crystal ball and can only see mist. :D

Some of us have had confirmation from C&A and from the cruisingpower web site that the 12th IS the magical date. And then there are others who only have our word to take for it. :rolleyes: :D

Gina

Print it, too. Someone in my family spends a lot of time crashing computers and it's not me. :eek: ;) (DH) You just never know when it will fail.

Gina

We learned the hard way, TWICE :eek::eek: Lost everything stored in the hard drive:eek: So we got an external hard drive and now we back up anything we don't want to loose.

To get back on topic, I printed my cruise history last night. Thank you all for the tips. I hope they make the announcement early tomorrow, so we can stop speculating.

Well, we'll be peons right along with you :)

This will be the same situation with us. We haven't actually booked our next cruise yet, but were planning on one in February or March which would have made us Platinum. I know it's not much, but I was also hoping for the few perks of being platinum. Oh well, guess we'll find out the scoop Wednesday.

I think there are a lot of us with tiers hanging at the edge. Mine is razor sharp.

I am boarding on Friday the 14th on the cruise that was to make me Diamond on completion, as I am currently at 9 points. Just 3 days before I board, and I still don't have any idea what will happen. :eek:

Archived