Cabin safe...large enough for iPad?

Yet another post about putting things in the safe that can be left in the room. I will add my normal request when any of these "safe" posts comes up - how many of us have had any of our electronics stolen from our rooms?

DON

Yet another post about putting things in the safe that can be left in the room. I will add my normal request when any of these "safe" posts comes up - how many of us have had any of our electronics stolen from our rooms?

DON

You're right, I've never had any electonics stolen from my cabin! But maybe it's because we put all cash, cards, electronics and jewlery... in the safe! :rolleyes:

If something won't fit in the safe, lock it in your suitcase....no one will know it's there.

Your stateroom attendant does NOT have time to mess with your things, let alone search for things you've "hidden"! They are busy, busy people!

We put everything in the safe and use a laptop lock for our laptop.

If you have something that will not fit in the safe or you have too much in the safe - lock it in your suitcase with a suitcase lock...we're able to put a Nikon D3000 & extra lens, small undewater olympus, 3 travel jewelry boxes plus cash, cigars, etc.

It is bigger then it looks.

:D

We left our 2 large laptops, iPad, cellphones all over the place in the stateroom and it was fine.

I was extremely surprise to see the number of iPads on board my cruise on the Jewel over Christmas and New Year (including a pax with two in hand on Day 1). There were loads!

Found the internet reception on the Jewel reasonable good. There were a couple of off-days but once you got to know the regular surfers at the same hot-spot areas, the news mill was good as to whether the internet was up or down.

You also need to find the prime area in the hot-spot zone. On Deck 10 of the Jewel, it appears to be anywhere from the first table at the Yatch Club nearest the Concierge Lounge Door to the Concierge Desk in the Lounge. While you could get connected anywhere at the Yatch Club lounge area, the download speed was fastest at this table and towards the end our cruise, everyone began to be aware of this. Once you get past the half way mark in the Concierge Lounge aheading towards the window, the WiFi signal is very weak.

We had no problem downloading our daily copy of The Times from the UK every morning.

Archived