C & A announcement postponed

RLM77

1x1.gifThe Royal Advantagebutton_joinWebinar.gifJoin us on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTDear ********,This message is to remind you that the following Webinar will take place Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST.The Royal Advantage

Got e-mail at 4:25 pm today. Doesn't look like Webinar is being postponed

It's not postponed. It DOES have a name change. And what they claim it's about is not what we were expecting. Although we may have read into the first name of the webinar what we WERE expecting. I don't think the first name was ever described as to what it was about. The timing had everyone believing this was it.

Gina

As I said.for entertainment purposes only;)

Chat Content:

LindsayRCCL: [17:32] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Kathleen: [17:34] Hi Lindsay.............heard there is supposed to be a BIG announcement tomorrow regarding C and A changes.Is that still on or has it been postponed?

LindsayRCCL: [17:35] Hello Kathleen, We have not made any announcements with regard to the Crown & Anchor Society since last June when we made improvements to the program with the introduction of the Onboard Booking Bonus and new onboard value coupons by tier. The Crown & Anchor Society members are very important to us as a company and any changes to the program would be driven by our quest for continuous improvement and based on member input. Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and rest assured that we are committed to providing you the best cruise experience in the industry, including our Crown & Anchor Society.

Kathleen: [17:36] So you are saying there aren't any changes in the works???

Linds ayRCCL: [17:36] Correct

Kathleen: [17:37] Wow...guess what I heard was wrong.........some of your loyalty ambassadors on the ships are saying changes are coming..

[17:37] and it was to be announced tomorrow at noon.

LindsayRCCL: [17:38] At this time we have no knowledge of any changes.

Kathleen: [17:38] Interesting........well, thank you for your time.

LindsayRCCL: [17:39] My pleasure, is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Kathleen: [17:39] No,thanks.............that's all for now!!

LindsayRCCL: [17:39] Okay, have a great afternoon Kathleen

Funny. :confused:

Gina

Chat Content:

LindsayRCCL: [17:32] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Kathleen: [17:34] Hi Lindsay.............heard there is supposed to be a BIG announcement tomorrow regarding C and A changes.Is that still on or has it been postponed?

LindsayRCCL: [17:35] Hello Kathleen, We have not made any announcements with regard to the Crown & Anchor Society since last June when we made improvements to the program with the introduction of the Onboard Booking Bonus and new onboard value coupons by tier. The Crown & Anchor Society members are very important to us as a company and any changes to the program would be driven by our quest for continuous improvement and based on member input. Thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and rest assured that we are committed to providing you the best cruise experience in the industry, including our Crown & Anchor Society.

Kathleen: [17:37] Wow...guess what I heard was wrong.........some of your loyalty ambassadors on the ships are saying changes are coming..

LindsayRCCL: [17:39] My pleasure, is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Incredible double-speak. It's what I expected though.

They changed the name and topic..

Did they really change the topic or did they simply rename it? Perhaps we read more into the original title than was intended, and I am not totally convinced that the webinar and the rumored changes at C & A were ever related to one another. Directing an announcement about changes in the Crown and Anchor program and limiting it to the travel agent community is not the way they usually handle this sort of thing and certainly isn't how it was done last year when the last changes were announced.

Did they really change the topic or did they simply rename it? Perhaps we read more into the original title than was intended, and I am not totally convinced that the webinar and the rumored changes at C & A were ever related to one another. Directing an announcement about changes in the Crown and Anchor program and limiting it to the travel agent community is not the way they usually handle this sort of thing and certainly isn't how it was done last year when the last changes were announced.

I don't recall the exact wording,but yes,the original description(last night) sounded like it would be about changes.......this new description is nothing like the first.....

BUT hey,Im only stating my opinion..........dont shoot the messenger.;)

The CAS changes this year are very different though from last year's changes. Therefore I would expect the TA's etc to be told about these changes first, hence a Webinar. Telling them first would enable them to ask questions before the official announcement is made.

The original webinar title came from the Lonestar song "I'm Amazed By You", "Amazed", or "Baby, I'm Amazed By You". I've seen it listed all three ways

RCCL I don't know how you do what you do

WOW, I'm so in love with you

It just keeps getting better

I want to spend the rest of my life

Sailing with you by my side

Forever and ever till I reach Pinnacle

Every little thing that you do

Baby, I'm amazed by you

They changed it in this mornings e-mail to "The Royal Advantage". I don't think this phrase is in any song.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. I know I was reading something into the first title. There was never a clear description.

Gina

I don't recall the exact wording,but yes,the original description(last night) sounded like it would be about changes.......this new description is nothing like the first.....

BUT hey,Im only stating my opinion..........dont shoot the messenger.;)

Looked but couldn't find the original description. I wasn't shooting the messenger, only suggesting that we (and I definitely include myself) sometimes get a distorted view of things by looking at them from our personal perspective and ignoring a broader view of things.

Liz - I know that RCI loves travel agents but I have my doubts that they look at them as their primary or sole communication channel to their guests, so I'm not convinced that when announcing something with as widespread ramifications as the rumored changes, they would want to filter this through the travel agent community. Again, my opinion, and not necessarily the right one.

Looked but couldn't find the original description. I wasn't shooting the messenger, only suggesting that we (and I definitely include myself) sometimes get a distorted view of things by looking at them from our personal perspective and ignoring a broader view of things.

Liz - I know that RCI loves travel agents but I have my doubts that they look at them as their primary or sole communication channel to their guests, so I'm not convinced that when announcing something with as widespread ramifications as the rumored changes, they would want to filter this through the travel agent community. Again, my opinion, and not necessarily the right one.

Hopefully Bill they will just get on with it soon...chatter about it has gone on long enough already...get with the programme(program) RCCL/C&A and tell us what is happening..please :D

Chat Content:

Translation...............

"you bet there are changes coming and I know what they are and can't tell you......":D

I'm hoping that all the loyal cruisers calling in with concerns has caused them to reconsider how they will implement it. I'm equally hopeful that some solid info will come out tomorrow in the TA seminar.

I was very plain with my opinion when I spoke to a C&A rep on the phone. I explained to her that one of the reasons we upgraded to a JS on Radiance next month was to get us to Diamond. And that an abrupt change which would derail that would be highly unwelcome.

I'm hoping MANY called/wrote/chatted to them with the same concerns. I understand that its their system and they can change it at will. But giving a good amount of warning would be the right thing to do.

I'm hoping that all the loyal cruisers calling in with concerns has caused them to reconsider how they will implement it.

I understand your concerns. I was expecting to be Diamond after my next cruise. But it doesn't occur until October of this year. If things change by then, I won't be upset. I'll just roll with it.

There has to be a cutoff at some point. Someone will be unhappy. Do I want it to be me? No. Do I want it to be you? No. Do I want it to be anyone?

I guess the option is to make no changes, but I don't think that's realistic at this point. So let's just roll with it.

I understand your concerns. I was expecting to be Diamond after my next cruise. But it doesn't occur until October of this year. If things change by then, I won't be upset. I'll just roll with it.

There has to be a cutoff at some point. Someone will be unhappy. Do I want it to be me? No. Do I want it to be you? No. Do I want it to be anyone?

I guess the option is to make no changes, but I don't think that's realistic at this point. So let's just roll with it.

While I agree with that, our plans would have been different had I know that we may not turn Dplus on the LB at the end of the month....

But we'll roll with the punches happy or not....wont' let it ruin our next cruise(s)...just would be much happier being in the cl with our dplus friends instead of on the outside looking in :)

But we'll roll with the punches happy or not....wont' let it ruin our next cruise(s)...just would be much happier being in the cl with our dplus friends instead of on the outside looking in :)

I know and I understand. We can commiserate. That's the nice thing about these boards.

Archived