C & A announcement postponed

RLM77

I wonder what TheLion has to say about all this?

She was one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) rumor pusher. I believe she may have also been the first to mention January 12 as well.

She doesn't have much to say on this. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

So someone started a rumor, that the previous rumor would be postponed. Very helpful indeed.

Hah! It reminds me of an old Monty Python bit:

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have

been sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those

responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked

have been sacked.

No, it would be this DEI:

http://www.deiworldwide.com/

They monitor CC for RCCL.

Rick and Deirdra

It was actually my feeble attempt at a bit of humor (hence, the laugh-y faces)....guess it didn't come across that way, huh?

But, since I'm here, if the rumor that the rumored changes are postponed is true, and not just another rumor, then I wonder why the website is still down....

Something is definitely in the works. I talked to the Star desk at Royal yesterday about a couple bookings....this is a highly specialized travel agent desk that knows the insides and outs of Royal policy...they also are one of the very few other than the C&A desk that have the authority to add C&A discounts to a reservation. These guys do things without hesitation....but yesterday they put me on hold several times to go check with C&A before adding any Diamond discounts and again put me on hold to go to even check if a Next Cruise certificate was combinable with a diamond balcony discount....that's a no brain'r. They were even going by not only the Diamond status but my how many cruise credits the Diamond status was at. It could just be coincidence but I have never had a Star rep hesitate before....they usually can read you out Royal policy faster than you can take it in.

This is C&A change launch control...

We will now poll the departments for final launch of the C&A changes. Departments, please respond with a go/no go for readiness...

Executive................................GO

Loyalty....................................GO

Sales.......................................GO

Marketing.................................GO

Diamond Plus Desk......................GO

Food and Beverage.....................GO

Future Cruise Consultants............GO

Pier Coordinator.........................GO

Check in Agent Supervisor...........GO

IT...........................................

Human Resources, have you heard from IT today.......:eek::eek::eek:

Miami............... we have a problem.:o

This is C&A change launch control...

We will now poll the departments for final launch of the C&A changes. Departments, please respond with a go/no for readiness...

Executive................................GO

Loyalty....................................GO

Sales.......................................GO

Marketing.................................GO

Diamond Plus Desk......................GO

Food and Beverage.....................GO

Future Cruise Consultants............GO

Pier Coordinator.........................GO

Check in Agent Supervisor...........GO

Human Resources, have you heard from IT today.......:eek::eek::eek:

Miami............... we have a problem.:o

HR here...sorry all IT staff are on vacation. They are not able to be contacted, due to no internet connection at this time.

Please try later....much later.:D

It was actually my feeble attempt at a bit of humor (hence, the laugh-y faces)....guess it didn't come across that way, huh?

But, since I'm here, if the rumor that the rumored changes are postponed is true, and not just another rumor, then I wonder why the website is still down....

We realized you were just joking. Just wanted others to know about the other DEI.

R&D

Thank goodness! We leave on our 5th RCI cruise next week which would kick us up to platinum for our 6th cruise. With the new rumored "days at sea" qualifications, we would have to take a 6th and maybe 7th cruise before we could become platinum (we normally take 4/5 night cruises). I hope they stall for a while on this!

You will be considered Platinum on your 5th cruise. We didn't even realize it until we saw it on our Documents when we checked in. We got to move up into the short line and have a nice waiting area and champaigne and sandwiches during a long fog delay, while others were waiting outside and sitting on the floor hungry. Enjoy your Platinum cruise!

You will be considered Platinum on your 5th cruise. We didn't even realize it until we saw it on our Documents when we checked in. We got to move up into the short line and have a nice waiting area and champaigne and sandwiches during a long fog delay, while others were waiting outside and sitting on the floor hungry. Enjoy your Platinum cruise!

Actually not correct under current system. You were just lucky I am thinking. You have to have completed your 5th cruise to be Platinum under current system. :)

Haven't seen any posts from her.

I did....a very brief one yesterday telling the posters "be nice guys".

That was it.

This is the longest thread on the C&A changes that I have seen (locked now). It was started on Dec 24th, and it's the first place I (personally) saw January 12 mentioned. This is the first post

TheLion:

Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)

Edit: Weird the link I pasted didn't show up. Maybe we can't link to locked threads? Well you can find it if you search by threads started by TheLion. It was open only a week or so and got up to 38 pages.

You will become Platinum after your 5th cruise credit, under the present system. On your next, 6th, cruise you are Platinum. If you sail in a JS or above you get an extra cruise credit, or if your cruise was 12 days or longer you get an extra cruise credit. So, you could be Platinum on your 5th cruise, but only if one or more of your cruises was in a JS or above or 12 days or longer.

"It Just Keeps Getting Better!"button_joinWebinar.gifJoin us on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTDear ******,Thank you for registering for:"It Just Keeps Getting Better!"

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST

Last nights (6:15pm) reminder of the webinar is now back to the "It Just Keeps Getting Better" title. What gives? Probably nothing, just interesting. They're playing with my mind.

"It Just Keeps Getting Better!"button_joinWebinar.gifJoin us on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ESTDear ******,Thank you for registering for:"It Just Keeps Getting Better!"

Last nights reminder of the webinar is now back to the "It Just Keeps Getting Better". What gives? Probably nothing, just interesting.

That's not what mine said. I got 2 yesterday and they both say the Royal Advantage.

Gina

Last nights (6:15pm) reminder of the webinar is now back to the "It Just Keeps Getting Better". What gives? Probably nothing, just interesting. They're playing with my mind.

Thanks for letting us know :D

Looks like they have another case of right hand not knowing what left hand is doing:rolleyes:

Very strange though how they changed the title of it back again...very weird :confused:

Och well I guess we will maybe know more soon.

Actually not correct under current system. You were just lucky I am thinking. You have to have completed your 5th cruise to be Platinum under current system. :)

Hmmm. Just looked at our C&A credits. We had a suite on our Alaska cruise so that put us up one, I guess. No wonder we were surprised. Forgot about that. Sorry for the misinformation. Thanks for the correction.

HR here...sorry all IT staff are on vacation. They are not able to be contacted, due to no internet connection at this time.

Please try later....much later.:D

Hey HR,

IT just called in. Apparently their Mom was ill and having problems breathing.

They said they were with her "Catching Some Air"

Archived