Is this a "legal" B2B?

cattolica

I am planning on calling Princess in the morning but I thought I would post here to get your thoughts.

We are looking at the Caribbean Princess. There is a 7 day roundtrip out of San Juan on April 24th and then she repositions to New York, so there is a 7 day from San Juan to New York that leaves on May 1st.

Do you think they will let us book this combination to make it a 14 day cruise?

If this doesn't work there is a 10 day roundtrip on the Star out of Ft. Lauderdale, but we really prefer 14 day cruises.

Thanks

Also mentioned is that St. Thomas is to be considered a 'nearby foreign port'.
Anywhere in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America except for islands close to South America, i.e., Aruba, is considered a "nearby foreign port." That also includes Canada.

I am planning on calling Princess in the morning but I thought I would post here to get your thoughts.

We are looking at the Caribbean Princess. There is a 7 day roundtrip out of San Juan on April 24th and then she repositions to New York, so there is a 7 day from San Juan to New York that leaves on May 1st.

Do you think they will let us book this combination to make it a 14 day cruise?

The 7 day segment out of San Juan stops in Aruba. Thus the 14 days you want to book includes a "distant foreign port" and it would be perfectly legal.

Anywhere in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America except for islands close to South America, i.e., Aruba, is considered a "nearby foreign port." That also includes Canada.

The point was that both the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are unincorporated U.S. territories, but are treated differently by the PVSA.

You are good to go. There are no problems with the round trip from SJ and the repo is perfectly legal. We did the same combination in reverse last fall - a 7-day New England cruise that was a round trip from New York followed by the repo to San Juan. There's no better feeling than being a continuing passenger on turnaround day and almost everyone else is getting off the ship.

Just out of curiosity, we are booking a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess, followed by another 9 day to the Caribbean on the same ship.

The question is that on the first 9 day we have a mini suite and on the second 9 day we have a PH suite. What are my options here as far as my luggage and having to get off the ship or not.

These are back to back.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Bob

Hi Bob

Going b2b with different cabins is no problem, Princess will organise a hotel type trolly rail put all your stuff on it and take your bags to your new cabin for you,

even had a room steward who un packed our drawers etx and packed our case for us, but this is not normal.

yours Shogun

Archived