"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Radio --- I didn't realize until yesterday that you were doing a LIVE post ... I read everyone of your posts & pictures ... Thank you much. 50 days till the AOS! As Robyn said let us know when you'll be on AOS (march is good) and we can meet you there! Thank you again!

Thanks again for such a great (as always!) Live report! As I looked at your pic's from earlier this morning, I could just feel the cruise depression setting in. On the bright side, I will be on Oasis 42 days from today!!! Yeah!

Mark, just wanted to let you know that I've forwarded the link to your home page to a co-worker, so she could view last year's Oasis video. I'm transitioning a new person into our department at work, and she saw the Oasis and Allure (side by side) picture I have on my computer. When I explained to her that I would be on Oasis in March, we started talking about cruising, and then I told her about your video and she couldn't wait to see it. I also told her about Cruise Critic, and how it's the greatest research tool ever, thanks to Live reports from people like yourself and Trainman. I think I picked up a new recruit! By the way, she loved your video so much, she immediately forwarded it home to her husband!

Have a safe trip back to Orlando, and ultimately home. Can't wait for the next "Live" report from Radio!

Dru

Thank you Radio for the info on 150 Central park. Did you enjoy your meal there? What did you have?

Will miss your "Live" posts but can't wait to see all the pics when you get home.

A little off topic...You mentioned you went to Universal. Was Potterland really crazy crowded? Just made plans for Florida in March and was thinking about attempting Universal:eek:.

Thanks Again for sharing your amazing time on the Oasis.

Liz

I have a friend who works at Universal. Says March isn't too bad because its not "spring break" yet. Now since I teach and I'm going in April during spring break, he says I'm a goner.

Thanks for a wonderful week on board Oasis!! I have really enjoyed your posts and pictures throughout the week.

I have a friend who works at Universal. Says March isn't too bad because its not "spring break" yet. Now since I teach and I'm going in April during spring break, he says I'm a goner.

Spring Break for Florida students is in March. It varies by county, but my children are off the week of March 14-18. The parks will be crowded with locals....while out of state Spring Breakers will arrive in April. If you want to check out Harry Potter I suggest you arrive at the park before opening.....and be one of the 1st ones to enter the park and go straight for Harry Potter. Have fun!

Great week reading your Live cruise. I try to read all of your Live Cruises threads. Although Norwegian Cruise Line is the line of choise for my wife & me still love your reports. Thanks, and a safe journey home. Will look forward to your posting some more of your pictures.

Charles

PS: I know you are a travel agent, Do you lead groups on your cruises?

Radio,

Just wanted to add my "thank you" to the list for sharing your cruise/s with us. You can easily see the joy you bring to so many by posting your "LIVE From" updates and pictures. Myself included! I've followed along with you for years and can tell you how exciting it is to "cruise" with you while being home/at work. You sound like such a great person, very kind, genuine, etc. and I just wanted to say how nice that is to experience...even if it is through a message board!

I hope to have the pleasure of sailing with you someday, have a safe trip home. Thanks again.

Stacy

Thank you for the good news. Hopefully we'll make it there.

This is a last spur of the moment trip to get out of this horrible weather.

Now if we can only fit WDW and fun in the sun into 4 days.

We'll just be happy to get out of here:)

Thanks Again

Liz

Many thanks, Radio, for another live review. It has been just great!! What can you add about the size of the ship and number of people and what bearing this has on lines/waiting times w/throngs of people. I'd like to sail one of these RCCL behemoths but, I'm leery because I'm thinking it'll all be cattle call lines for everything. Thank you again for the awesome virtual cruise! Looking forward to more of your great photos, too. :D

Hello everyone. . . I left the ship by around 10:15, and I wasn’t happy going down the gangway. I was surprised to find that Terminal 18 still had about 300 passengers waiting in a long line for US Customs/Immigration.

I make it through quickly(kind of), and get to my car by around 10:45.

I had a nice drive with little traffic up the Florida TPK to my hotel in Lake Mary, FL. and I only had to stop a couple of times.

I think I would like some dinner, but there is no Central Park Café, Solarium Bistro, or even Windjammer. Oh well, I guess I will have to go to Arby’s. . .

My trip on AutoTrain begins tomorrow afternoon, and I will be home on Monday morning. Mrs. Radio says I will be seeing a lot of snow ! Uh Oh. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . Here are a few pics from Debarkation. More pics tonight. . .

Radio

I get my last view of Port Everglades (for a few months. . .)

FD2.JPG

I was hoping to be the last one off, but they said there were still 98 passengers left !

FD3A.JPG

I get a final view of Oasis of the Seas from inside Terminal 18

FD4.JPG

Wow. . . The lines are still very long waiting for US Customs.

FD5.JPG

It took about 20 minutes to get to the head of the line. . .but I made it.

FD6.JPG

So Long, Oasis of the Seas. . . I won’t say goodbye because I’m sure our paths may (will) cross again.

FD7.JPG

Many thanks, Radio, for another live review. It has been just great!! What can you add about the size of the ship and number of people and what bearing this has on lines/waiting times w/throngs of people. I'd like to sail one of these RCCL behemoths but, I'm leery because I'm thinking it'll all be cattle call lines for everything. Thank you again for the awesome virtual cruise! Looking forward to more of your great photos, too. :D

The lines and waiting times will be long at the usual times. . . There is always lines, and long waits for the Elevator at dinner time, or after a show. . .

The Windjammer is always crowded (on any Ship) on Embarkation Day, and late breakfast. . .

RCI does a good job with multiple show times, and dining choices. I would have liked to have done more, but It just wasn't possible.

There won't (shouldn't) be any longer lines or wait times than or other large Cruise Shios (Voyager and Freedom Class)

I will be posting more pics over the next several days !

Thanks for the nice comments.

Radio

;);)

I have been invited to a ship tour while in Labadee. That is a first. . .Usually I get the invite for the final day at see, but we will be docked in Labadee (7AM) for my Bridge tour at 9AM. . .

The captain on the Radiance recently told me that all bridge tours will now take place while the ship is docked. Some Diamond + member while on a tour pushed the thruster button.

The captain on the Radiance recently told me that all bridge tours will now take place while the ship is docked. Some Diamond + member while on a tour pushed the thruster button.

Oh, thanks. . . That's a good reason.:)

Radio

;);)

So sad seeing the end of a vacation it goes too quick, I look forward to reading your Allure review in May!! I watched the Oasis leave tonight on the live web cam, I have 4 weeks to go I wont rush it because I know how fast it goes but cant wait to leave this cold and snowy weather!!! Did you get to see any rooms today? I love all your pictures of the cabins from your previous Oasis cruise!! thanks for the great review as always!!! Safe trip home!! :)

We were on this cruise with you in a BWB cabin.

You sort of passed over the "MEEt and Mingle" and wondered what you thought of the turnout. We were late for the event and it was just wrapping up when we arrived. They were calling out numbers for the gifts.

So, I didn't get to meet anyone. But, I did walk over to you, sitting with a group, and I asked if you were RADIO and you said yes. So, that was a big highlight of my day!!!

Did you think it was a good turn-out for a Meet and Mingle?

Beryl

Here are a few more pics. . .More pics after dinner.

Radio

I have a standard Balcony Cabin on Deck 6. It is very nice.

S20.JPG

The room configuration is reversed from my last sailing on Oasis (The Bed is near the closet instead of the Balcony)

S18.JPG

The pools are open, but when I boarded there were no passengers using them.

S22.JPG

It really looks like a storm is about to hit us, but the Zip Line was in full swing.

S21.JPG

The AquaTheater is empty, but it will be packed tonight with on of the first shows

S29.JPG

Flavored Water ? Hmmm. . . It’s actually very good !

S19.JPG

I agree they are very good esp the strawberry kiwi I enjoyed them a lot on our last two Explorer cruises. And they are sugar free!!!

We were on this cruise with you in a BWB cabin.

You sort of passed over the "MEEt and Mingle" and wondered what you thought of the turnout. We were late for the event and it was just wrapping up when we arrived. They were calling out numbers for the gifts.

So, I didn't get to meet anyone. But, I did walk over to you, sitting with a group, and I asked if you were RADIO and you said yes. So, that was a big highlight of my day!!!

Did you think it was a good turn-out for a Meet and Mingle?

Beryl

Yes Beryl. . .It was nice to meet you. . .I'm sorry we didn't get to speak much. The Meet and Mingle was a little dry. . .

Dazzles was beautiful, but I like it when the staff suggests that everyone tell there Screen Name, so you can see who the people are that you have been chatting to for weeks (months)

The raffle was light, but the staff were friendly. It hink it could have been done better. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .

I wanted to shed some light on the Cabin Configuration for Oasis of the Seas. It seems that when the ship was built, all of the cabins were built as pairs.

Some of you may have seen construction videos or photos that may have shown shipyard cranes or lifts loading cabins into an opening in the hull.

The shipyard was loading 2 cabins at a time. One with the bed near the closet, and one with the bed near the window.

This wasn’t discovered by me, but through another CC Member who started a Post about Oasis Cabin Configuration back in November 2009.

So if you look at the deck plan for DECK 6 and start on the Starboard Side AFT: The first Cabin will have BED/BATH Config, while the next one will have BED/BALC Config. This works almost the entire length of DECK 6. The only time it will change (a little) is when there is a JS/GS etc next to it that would stop the flow.

I walked the length of 2 decks, and he was right. . . Every other cabin was configured the same. My Cabin was 6570 and the formula works again. . . My bed was near the bath. I sailed last time in 14578 and my Bed was near the Balcony. . .Perfect.

I didn’t specifically check 2 of the requests, but based on the formula above. The cabins requested were:

9318 BED / BATH

9320 BED / BALC

14290 BED / BATH

14292 BED / BALC

I have spoken with many passengers who sailed Oasis, and the format seems to match. Thanks to KK99 for his thread.

More pics tomorrow. . .

Radio

Cabin Configuration

OABALC.jpg

DECK 6 / My Cabin was 6570 BED/BATH

DP6.jpg

Hello everyone. . .

I wanted to shed some light on the Cabin Configuration for Oasis of the Seas. It seems that when the ship was built, all of the cabins were built as pairs.

Some of you may have seen construction videos or photos that may have shown shipyard cranes or lifts loading cabins into an opening in the hull.

The shipyard was loading 2 cabins at a time. One with the bed near the closet, and one with the bed near the window.

This wasn’t discovered by me, but through another CC Member who started a Post about Oasis Cabin Configuration back in November 2009.

So if you look at the deck plan for DECK 6 and start on the Starboard Side AFT: The first Cabin will have BED/BATH Config, while the next one will have BED/BALC Config. This works almost the entire length of DECK 6. The only time it will change (a little) is when there is a JS/GS etc next to it that would stop the flow.

I walked the length of 2 decks, and he was right. . . Every other cabin was configured the same. My Cabin was 6570 and the formula works again. . . My bed was near the bath. I sailed last time in 14578 and my Bed was near the Balcony. . .Perfect.

I didn’t specifically check 2 of the requests, but based on the formula above. The cabins requested were:

9318 BED / BATH

9320 BED / BALC

14290 BED / BATH

14292 BED / BALC

I have spoken with many passengers who sailed Oasis, and the format seems to match. Thanks to KK99 for his thread.

More pics tomorrow. . .

Radio

Cabin Configuration

OABALC.jpg

DECK 6 / My Cabin was 6570 BED/BATH

DP6.jpg

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH Radio! I really appreciate it!

Also, thank you very much for taking us along on your "live" review of your Oasis cruise! I really enjoyed reading through your posts for the week! Its so awesome of you to do this for all of us at home! Our cruise is in 7 weeks and i cant wait, after following your posts all week I am more excited than ever for our upcoming trip!

Archived