Info about "gift preferences" for D and D plus

39august

I wonder about this one. If I log into both my husband's D+ account and my D+ account separately, we both have the ability to select both the "Gift Preference" and the "Bonus Gift Preference". The only bonus gifts that say only one per cabin are the beach towel and the tote bag.

We were both able to select a bottle of wine under both gift categories for both accounts.

Edit: well it does say in teen-tiny letters one gift amenity per household, but they still let you each select what you want separately. I guess they sort it out before the cruise when they do the gifts.

Yes, it's one amenity per person now besides the Welcome Aboard Preference. I set up a My Cruises account in my name with a different user name and email address..........that's what C&A said to do. Now both Jim and I have our own accounts.

Then I can go into my account and order my preferences and then Jim can go into his account and order his preferences.

One of my friends is doing a cruise in a couple of weeks, so she entered in what she wanted and then went to her husband's account and did the same. She called C&A to verify, but it hadn't registered onto her booking yet.

So I would say after you do your on-line selections, wait a couple of days and then call to verify. You know how fickle new on-line programs can be!:D

So, if there are 2 unrelated D+ in the same stateroom who do not live in the same household, they can each order an amenity? We did for our cruise of Feb. 1. Hope we both get them.

As long as they each have their own My Cruises account and are on the same booking.........yes. Call C&A and ask.

I set up an account for my DH. Even though he has one less 7 day cruise than I do, he has gotten credit for it. It really ticked me off when we got the congratulatory letter for achieving Diamond and it was addressed to him when he really didn't have enough cruise credits.;) I detect a little male chauvinism at RCI. ;)

Anyway, he now shows the same number of nights as I have.

I don't believe we will be entitled to two amenities. Here's what I copied from the screen: <*One gift amenity per household. House brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory.>

I set up an account for my DH. Even though he has one less 7 day cruise than I do, he has gotten credit for it. It really ticked me off when we got the congratulatory letter for achieving Diamond and it was addressed to him when he really didn't have enough cruise credits.;) I detect a little male chauvinism at RCI. ;)

I don't believe we will be entitled to two amenities. Here's what I copied from the screen: <*One gift amenity per household. House brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory.>

My DH has never booked a cruise and would be at a total loss trying to figure out all the in's and out's in the short term if he had to:eek:

I am in complete agreement with you on the two amenities. I have also copied that statement at least twice on these boards with no reponse. The general consences seems to be that there will be 2 amenties! Time will tell!!

SUCCESS at last!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!

And when I was finished, both Jim and I have the same number of points!!!!!!!

I logged in as me, filled out the preferences and then logged out.

Then logged in as DH with his password and user name. It came up with a welcome and his name on the page...... Put in his preferences and added our cruise reservations etc. so he was up to date too.

So, is that what you did?

My DH has never booked a cruise and would be at a total loss trying to figure out all the in's and out's in the short term if he had to:eek:

I am in complete agreement with you on the two amenities. I have also copied that statement at least twice on these boards with no reponse. The general consences seems to be that there will be 2 amenties! Time will tell!!

The " * " has no other text on that page to reference, which is what an " * " is supposed to have. I think it's in reference to the two amenities at the bottom of the dropdown list for the "bonus gift". They state only one per household in their description, and I'll bet an " * " was supposed to be there, but they ran out of room in the dropdown. Web pages are kind of template driven, so you have a standard amount of space to describe the "thing".

Everyone who is posting here is seeing two gift options for each D+ in the same household. We'll see what they do.

I do know as a retired software development project manager that adding the logic to determine what a "household" is, and matching up the D+ amenities to eliminate more than one, is a tough one. Name won't work (my son and DIL have different last names), address won't work (some people use their work address; some their home address). So, we will see what they do.

I believe they grandfathered in everyone who had a C&A standing at the time of the change. My kids have had their own C&A numbers since we first started cruising RCCL. They were given the same status I had, which is now D. I wasn't sure what would happen with them once the change happened, but I'm glad they retained their D status. With the lower cruise points though, they will need a lot of cruises before they will advance. A pretty generous deal by RCCL, really.

Same with mine. The are at a lower points level than the actual Diamond points level, and it will take much longer to reach D+.

I am kind of amazed that everyone is surprised to learn that you can have a my cruise account for every member. We have always done it that way and makes things so much easier. The wife was automatically upgraded to my level when I earned credits when cruising without her (one time just to get to d+ - now she is too). She never gets online here or at RCI - but I enter all our info at both accounts - and they are always linked together when we book online.

I even have set up an account for our GS. No he does not live in our household and does not share our C&A level, but I can add him to the reservation on the rare occasion that he cruises with us.

I am cruising on a B2B on the Adventure in a few weeks and have also registered my DH for his own My Cruises account since we are both D+.

Although I would love to receive 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio, I think it is highly unlikely - it is not in keeping with RCI's other cost cutting efforts, ie: taking away a simple pillow chocolate!

Anyways.....we shall see! :rolleyes:

I wonder about this one. If I log into both my husband's D+ account and my D+ account separately, we both have the ability to select both the "Gift Preference" and the "Bonus Gift Preference". The only bonus gifts that say only one per cabin are the beach towel and the tote bag.

We were both able to select a bottle of wine under both gift categories for both accounts.

Edit: well it does say in teen-tiny letters one gift amenity per household, but they still let you each select what you want separately. I guess they sort it out before the cruise when they do the gifts.

I wondered the same thing.

*One gift amenity per household. House brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory.

For kicks I selected a bottle of wine on my account (we don't drink wine so going to give it to my parents) and a towel on my husbands. Curious to see what we get.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I asked this question by E Mail to C&A. As far as he led me to believe, you will have to sign out of your account and start up a new account for each person.

I have not tried this myself yet though.

Hope this helps

Each person must have a new "user name" when creating a My Cruises Account and they must also have a different email address. Passwords can be the same.

Under Member Benefits in Footnote #9 in reference to the special amenity it says..."Bonus gift of your choice will be chosen from a pre-selected list for each guest".

Each person must have a new "user name" when creating a My Cruises Account and they must also have a different email address. Passwords can be the same.

A "new user name" is not required if you already have one. I had tried to add my DH while I was logged in, howeverr it stated he already had an account. I then logged out and logged back on as him, guessing what he user account and password might have been. I then proceeded to change his email account (not sure why). If he did not already have an account it would have let me add a family member in while I was logged in.

I just don't want people to think they have to get rid of there old account and create a new one if it already exists. Totally not necessary:)

I wondered the same thing.

*One gift amenity per household. House brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory.

For kicks I selected a bottle of wine on my account (we don't drink wine so going to give it to my parents) and a towel on my husbands. Curious to see what we get.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Now I have myself thinking, technically we have two cabins but our daughter is in one by herself and since she is under 18 she gets no preferences under her account. :( Things that make ya go hum... Not going to change people around just to get a towel so that isn't an option but since were paying for two cabins you would think we would get 2 Diamond Plus gifts.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We have 3 accounts, myself, hubby & daughter..All have the same email and password. Just different user names. Think they told ya wrong on this?

BonVoyage

Dawna

A "new user name" is not required if you already have one. I had tried to add my DH while I was logged in, howeverr it stated he already had an account. I then logged out and logged back on as him, guessing what he user account and password might have been. I then proceeded to change his email account (not sure why). If he did not already have an account it would have let me add a family member in while I was logged in.

I just don't want people to think they have to get rid of there old account and create a new one if it already exists. Totally not necessary:)

Not only that, the system will not let you create a new username and password for the same C&A account number.

When creating a "New" My Cruises Account for another household member with a different C&A number, the user name must be different from any other user name used as well as the email address.

Not only that, the system will not let you create a new username and password for the same C&A account number.

That's correct, each C&A Member has their own number and therefore when setting up a My Cruises account they must have their own individual user name and separate email address.

We have 3 accounts, myself, hubby & daughter..All have the same email and password. Just different user names. Think they told ya wrong on this?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Nope, when I established my own account yesterday with a new user name and tried to use the email address on my husband's account it wouldn't let me.

So what you meant to say was "Each person who does not have an existing account must create a new user account,,,,,,,,,

When creating a "New" My Cruises Account for another household member with a different C&A number, the user name must be different from any other user name used as well as the email address.

Agree user name must be different, email address does not need to be. Unless were having them different only for the reason that we do not know exactly what the rules are for the amenity. Per person or household

Nope, when I established my own account yesterday with a new user name and tried to use the email address on my husband's account it wouldn't let me.

I am surpized after all these years you never had an account before! Wow.

Very very rare that I do not totallly agree with your input:D:)

The "other" email address is used to create the account. Once inside, you can adjust the other email addresses to be the same for all members of the household in the profile area.

You only run into a problem if you've forgotten your username/password because the prompt asks for what email address was used to set up the account. I learned this the hard way yesterday as I spent most of the morning trying to remember what generic email address I used for DH years ago when I signed him up for C&A online. I also forgot what his username and password were. :o

Even though DH has a generic email address, we both use mine in the profile area. Luckily, he leaves the computer stuff to me. ;)

You do need separate email addresses to set up accounts.

Better check your personal account - yesterday we set our preferences for upgrads and amenities - today our "preferences" were dleted / changed because our "old cruise credits" are now shown as the new "points" which changed our status from D+ to Emerald. Better check your personal accounts daily!!!!

Archived