Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

On our November 27th cruise on Oasis, in one hour I counted 18 Pinnacles in the

Suites lounge. There are so many of them they take over the venues which are supposedly reserved for suites.

It's a big lounge. Get over yourself. It's not like there's only 18 seats. You must be another one that ass umes pinnacles never book suites. We've been sailing suites for a few years and they've never ever affected our experience.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really don't get this repetitive anti-status or anti-suite debate. IMO both parties have paid for the privileges in different ways and both are entitled to the benefits.

I am an elite frequent flyer (which to me as an Aussie is more important than elite status on a cruise line because of the distances traveled) and sometimes I travel business class and sometimes I travel economy because that is all that my clients pay for. (Also sometimes upgraded to first/business/premium economy) I applaud those who seek to maximize the value of their loyalty.

Edited by lucymorgan

My two cents... let's just do some math to get a grip of the top drawer free loader statement. 700 nights at low ball cheap cabin rates of $50/night comes out to 35K. We've spent around a third of that. If royal drops loyalty program we will drop them. Crown and anchor is a huge reason why we have only cruised royal. They've earned this privilege and payed for it.. haters gonna hate. Lol- can't wait to get in the diamond lounge and hold court! Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a big lounge. Get over yourself. It's not like there's only 18 seats. You must be another one that ass umes pinnacles never book suites. We've been sailing suites for a few years and they've never ever affected our experience.

While I have never sailed Oasis, I sympathize with the sentiment. I sailed out of Galveston which also has a large number of regular Pinnacle cruisers. If cocktail hour started at 4:30, if you were not in in the lounge before 4, you did not get a seat because they were all there already deep in conversation, fully encompassing every group of chairs/ couches. Oh and they stayed through both dinner seatings since most of them ate in specialties after 7:30.

And no, most of them were not in suites. Several had JS, but that was it.

First time, on NAV they were extremely dismissive of us lowly suite cruisers and had no problem ignoring us when we walked or shifting around to lose the room on the couches, but at the same had zero problem sitting down and encroaching on your space if we happened to snag a spot. The LIB pinnacles were at least friendly and inclusive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I have never sailed Oasis, I sympathize with the sentiment. I sailed out of Galveston which also has a large number of regular Pinnacle cruisers. If cocktail hour started at 4:30, if you were not in in the lounge before 4, you did not get a seat because they were all there already deep in conversation, fully encompassing every group of chairs/ couches. Oh and they stayed through both dinner seatings since most of them ate in specialties after 7:30.

And no, most of them were not in suites. Several had JS, but that was it.

First time, on NAV they were extremely dismissive of us lowly suite cruisers and had no problem ignoring us when we walked or shifting around to lose the room on the couches, but at the same had zero problem sitting down and encroaching on your space if we happened to snag a spot. The LIB pinnacles were at least friendly and inclusive.

It's implausible that you would know that much about people who you allege wouldn't give you the time of day. If I go to the CL and on a rare occasion can't find a seat, I don't take inventory. I just move on. Never had a problem finding a seat in the SL. It's a big lounge.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

Ditto. I'm glad I've never wasted a cruise sitting in the Suite Lounge counting Pinnacle's per hour. Ironically I was on the same 10/29 sailing and found the SL quiet. Quiet enough that I used the venue to conduct an interview of a crew member for a business project.

Oh my by not being a pinnacle and if RCI picks up on the Suite lounge being filled with Pinnacles taking over the chairs, not being friendly and if suites who are on that sailing are paying top prices in the new Star...Sky levels (on Oasis class) then maybe RCI will revamp access to the suite lounge to those in suites ("suite" lounge).

Then they can have a Pinnacle lounge and D+ lounge and then D can move out.

Hey I am FOR Pinnacles being in the lounge, they earned there right to be there by right of passage and years of loyal sailing, it is unfortunate that a few could ruin it for others.

Have not had a problem finding a seat in suite lounge on Oasis or Allure.

Safe travels.

It's implausible that you would know that much about people who you allege wouldn't give you the time of day.

I had access to the CL once because we booked the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. We were treated as 3rd class passengers. We were told by users of the CL that we didn't belong there as it was only for certain guests. That was the first day and I never went back there the entire cruise! I have also seen Pinnacles refuse to be seated with us lowly steerage passengers. How did I know they were Pinnacles? They had their name tags on. When shown where to sit, they declined and sat 4 tables away by themselves.

It's implausible that you would know that much about people who you allege wouldn't give you the time of day. If I go to the CL and on a rare occasion can't find a seat, I don't take inventory. I just move on. Never had a problem finding a seat in the SL. It's a big lounge.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

umm, what makes you think I didn't try? we were either outright ignored, or we were told politely but firmly that they were waiting for friends. but THEY never even bother to ask if they could join us, they just sat right down and proceeded to ignore us even though we were right there around the same coffee table. it was so bad that the concierges desk was appropriated( both in front of and back behind where the computer was) and that particular cruise we had several people on ECVs which made it even more crowded. oh, and unlike you, we are low on the Loyalty Totem Pole so do not have access to other lounges or get free drink vouchers. I pay for my access through money, not loyalty. I have no where else to 'move on' to.

I didn't need to take inventory. they all very prominently wore their Pinnacle status pins and the FIRST thing they did upon seeing us was rake their eyes all over us looking for the same thing( that particular cruise our Emerald pins had not been supplied ..and if they failed to find us, rolled their eyes and dismissed us.) shall I take pictures for you next time to provide proof? as I said the (very different group of people) the next cruise on Liberty were a vast improvement so I do not paint all Pinnacles with the same brush.

granted, the LIB cruise was pre refurb when the CL became the SL and moved, but that is incidental. the fact is that on occasion, Pinnacles seem to take over an area that is open to OTHER people 'exclusively' and obviously or not so obviously crowd them out to 'hold court' as another poster (not so ironically after all) commented.

I didn't need to take inventory. they all very prominently wore their Pinnacle status pins and the FIRST thing they did upon seeing us was rake their eyes all over us looking for the same thing( that particular cruise our Emerald pins had not been supplied ..and if they failed to find us, rolled their eyes and dismissed us.) shall I take pictures for you next time to provide proof? as I said the (very different group of people) the next cruise on Liberty were a vast improvement so I do not paint all Pinnacles with the same brush.

I have several D+ pins I bought on EBay, if you think it will help with those rolled eyes. I was planning on giving them out to the bartenders in SL on Allure next month. EBay is loaded with pins and Crystal Blocks.

They even have the old luggage tags.

Edited by troykahack

I have several D+ pins I bought on EBay, if you think it will help with those rolled eyes. I was planning on giving them out to the bartenders in SL on Allure next month. EBay is loaded with pins and Crystal Blocks.

They even have the old luggage tags.

hey if it comes with D+ laundry perks and the BOGO specialty dining, I may be tempted. oh. wait. Married to a retired Sailor. Stolen Valor and all that. dangit.....:D

I will officially give you my seat in the lounges. I get the drink package so I never sit up there. Enjoy [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right there with you. As a suite cruiser I only go in to get my morning coffee and to say hi to the concierges.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I will probably be 104 by the time I reach Pinnacle. Gosh, I turned Platinum 3 cruises ago and never got a pin. I thought it might be another cost cutting measure. But no, it was left in our stateroom the last night of the most recent cruise. They could have kept it. We only got 1 and both of us are Platinum. Plus, we are one night away from Emerald. :cool:

I agree with Mark. Also a Pinnacle member who has done just about every type of room available. Unfortunately I do understand what you mean about some of the members. We try to stay away from them ourselves. We would always invite someone to sit with us. That's half the fun of cruising - meeting new people!

Interesting that this thread from 2011 has apparently been resurrected for the purpose of -- once again -- Pinnacle bashing. Again -- very tedious. There are jerks in all segments of society. It is certainly not limited to Pinnacle Crown & Anchor members onboard cruise ships.

I once had a run-in with Arnold Schwarzenegger, but I do not hate all Austians because of it.

I had access to the CL once because we booked the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. We were treated as 3rd class passengers. We were told by users of the CL that we didn't belong there as it was only for certain guests. That was the first day and I never went back there the entire cruise! I have also seen Pinnacles refuse to be seated with us lowly steerage passengers. How did I know they were Pinnacles? They had their name tags on. When shown where to sit, they declined and sat 4 tables away by themselves.

We had the opposite experience. Booked the Sweet on Indy and met some very nice people. One was a lovely retired couple from Europe who were sailing for six months straight. We had some very nice conversations with many guests and nobody seemed to think less of us for not having "proper" access.

I hate to say this but the snobbery does not just exist amongst guest to guest.

We are currently on Serenade. The DL Concierge is a delight, we know her from Rhapsody as the Suite Concierge , there are guests onboard in the CL who also know her but because she is in the DL this contract they are not "associating" with the "likes" in the DL. OMG. Get a life folks, it is the same drinks and nibbles.

Edited by heatherb1958

It is a shame people behave the way they do. We all started as first time cruisers and made our way to whatever level we are. The higher level you are does not entitle anyone to become a snob. Treat others how you want to be treated. Just be respectful of each other.

It is a shame people behave the way they do. We all started as first time cruisers and made our way to whatever level we are. The higher level you are does not entitle anyone to become a snob. Treat others how you want to be treated. Just be respectful of each other.

Exactly. Becoming Pinnacle kind of crept up on us . We don't book suites , we enjoy cruising for the freedom it gives us as a fully able person travelling with someone less able.

Tomorrow I am booked on a 4 hour beach tour while hubby will be onboard enjoying his freebie drinks package , lol. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let me ask a question on this thread:

Is it required for Pinnacle members to wear their name tags everywhere and every day?

From observations from our last 3 cruises on Oasis, those who wears their pin everyday are really snobbish. Yet, we met a few Pinnacles (without pins) who are really nice. On our Thanksgiving cruise, there were a group of Pinnacles who held "court" in SL who behaved like they "owned" the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk