Using Celebrity Passages for Tuesday Specials

watermusic101

Hello to all,

Has anyone used their passages on board booking on a Tuesday special. I thought we were allowed to use them as RCCL's next cruise. My TA is saying I can use the passage to book but I will not get any OBC. Why use it?? I' guess I should just wait until a cruise that is not on the Tuesday specials catches my eye.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

You TA is wrong. The passages is nothing but money down. They do need to book with the reservation number listed on the passages. The OBC is a gift from celebrity that's basically guaranteed, and is totally combinable with any specials.

My TA recently screwed up a passages booking and it was a mess.

The Tuesday Specials give you only the cruise. You do not get on board credits. You are not even credited a cruise credit toward your captain's club status. Save the coupon.

OP is not talking about a coupon, but a passages which is essentially a future cruise credit attached to a booking number. This is something they purchased on board a cruise, for use on a future cruise.

And I've personally received CC credits for Tuesday Specials.

With the new rules,, you cannot combine a Passages booking OBC with an Exciting Deal. A friend tried in October. You can use the Passages booking but won't get the OBC. I cannot use my Shareholders Credit with an Exciting Deal either. You do get your Captain's Club credits with Exciting Deals.

The Tuesday Specials give you only the cruise. You do not get on board credits. You are not even credited a cruise credit toward your captain's club status. Save the coupon.

See below from the bottom of the PDF page. We do get a cruise credit, the TAs do not get a Tour Conductor Credit, whatever that is. Royal Caribbean also does not allow combining Tuesday sales with on-board next cruise certificates but Princess allows their future booking certificate to be combined with any and all other specials and stock owners OBC.

The Exciting Deals rate program is valid for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other offer or promotion and does not count towards tour conductor credits.

See below from the bottom of the PDF page. We do get a cruise credit, the TAs do not get a Tour Conductor Credit, whatever that is. Royal Caribbean also does not allow combining Tuesday sales with on-board next cruise certificates but Princess allows their future booking certificate to be combined with any and all other specials and stock owners OBC.

The Exciting Deals rate program is valid for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other offer or promotion and does not count towards tour conductor credits.

You are correct.

This was a specific question I asked when we purchased our passages. Is there a link anywhere where you can show me that you wouldn't receive an OBC?

Also, my upcoming cruise was originally booked on a tuesday deal, and I used a passages certificate.

The TA made a big mistake and did not book it with the passages reservation number, and apparently celebrity cannot fix that. Because of the multiple go betweens, I was awarded the OBC by Celebrity, and the certificate is fully intact ($100 depost, $100 obc) for a booking on a future cruise.

Thank you all for your quick replies. I've called Celebrity and TA 5 times and received a different answer each time. Go figure!

The one consistency with the exception of the travel agent was that I could indeed use the open next cruise(Passages) that I booked on board on the Tuesday deals and still get my on board credit. Now whether or not I can get the TA to see the light is another story.

Perhaps I should just book through Celebrity. The extra OBC I get from TA is quite small on the cruise I am considering anyway and may not be worth the trouble.

Thank you all for your quick replies. I've called Celebrity and TA 5 times and received a different answer each time. Go figure!

The one consistency with the exception of the travel agent was that I could indeed use the open next cruise(Passages) that I booked on board on the Tuesday deals and still get my on board credit. Now whether or not I can get the TA to see the light is another story.

Perhaps I should just book through Celebrity. The extra OBC I get from TA is quite small on the cruise I am considering anyway and may not be worth the trouble.

Bottom line is that it isn't combinable with any other OBC's, other than those offered by your TA. If it's just a Tuesday Special that offers special pricing, you can use it. If the Tuesday Special offers an OBC, then you can't use the OBC from the Celebrity Passages.

Bottom line is that it isn't combinable with any other OBC's, other than those offered by your TA. If it's just a Tuesday Special that offers special pricing, you can use it. If the Tuesday Special offers an OBC, then you can't use the OBC from the Celebrity Passages.

But where is this info?

But where is this info?

I can't tell you exactly where this information is. But some time ago, Celebrity changed it's policy whereby you can take only one OBC perk, other than one that is offered by your TA. For example, Passages OBC cannot be combined with a shareholder credit. Bottom line is, as I said before, you cannot combine two perks offered by Celebrity. If it's offered by the TA, that's a different story.

I'm sure others here can corroborate what I'm saying. And if not, you can call Celebrity and they can verify this for you.

I can't tell you exactly where this information is. But some time ago, Celebrity changed it's policy whereby you can take only one OBC perk, other than one that is offered by your TA. For example, Passages OBC cannot be combined with a shareholder credit. Bottom line is, as I said before, you cannot combine two perks offered by Celebrity. If it's offered by the TA, that's a different story.

I'm sure others here can corroborate what I'm saying. And if not, you can call Celebrity and they can verify this for you.

That is correct. I asked the Cruise Sales Manager this specific question when we purchased our Passages Certificate while on the Eclipse. She said it is NOT combinable with ANY OTHER OBC offer INCLUDING Tuesday Specials. If your TA wants to give you OBC, then that's fine. But only ONE form of OBC from Celebrity is allowed (such as promotions and Shareholder OBC is no longer combinable).

The only reference I can see is in my actual Certificate. It reads in part:

"and may not be combinable with certain restricted or promotional fares."

Tuesday Specials are considered promotional, therefore they can exclude them if they want. Same way they don't have to give you the lower price on your cruise after you book if it is labeled "for new bookings only".

This was a specific question I asked when we purchased our passages. Is there a link anywhere where you can show me that you wouldn't receive an OBC?

Also, my upcoming cruise was originally booked on a tuesday deal, and I used a passages certificate.

The TA made a big mistake and did not book it with the passages reservation number, and apparently celebrity cannot fix that. Because of the multiple go betweens, I was awarded the OBC by Celebrity, and the certificate is fully intact ($100 depost, $100 obc) for a booking on a future cruise.

It appears that since your TA screwed up, they didn't use your Passages Certificate and it is valid on a FUTURE booking as you say. If in fact you do get 2 OBCs, they won't be from Celebrity. I would hope that your TA gives you some for messing up your stuff. You may be able to get the Tuesday Special price, but not the OBC that goes along with it.

I purchased mine on the eclipse, and since her us sailings have all the same staff in the last six months, I have to assume we probably used the same person.

Please don't think I'm arguing..I'm honestly curious. I spent quite a bit of time asking questions before we purchased them, and it annoys me that there are those restrictions. I'm the type of person that likes to stack up my coupons and obc and specials and etc and get as good a rate for my money as possibly. Regardless of whether I'm spending $1k or $10k.

My TA did a conference call with Celebrity who explained to me what happened. I actually took notes during the call and honestly the Celebrity guy was so irritating and condescending. He kept saying things like "This is how it needs to be done in the system," and "I need to explain this to you step by step so you won't make the mistake again" (to me, not my TA). Literally 8-10 minutes of him describing booking procedures and codes that were meaningless to me.

At one point I even said to the gentleman..please excuse this for sounding rude, but I don't need to nor want to know how it needs to go into the system properly...I'm not a travel agent and I'm not the one who made the mistake.

I had looked online and the celebrity OBC is already on the account and it says "passages". I have an OBC from the TA and received an additional $100 off because of the mistake (basically, I had to call about 7 times to get them to contact celebrity before they realized they made the mistake)

Celebrity gave me the option of canceling the passages, and receiving a credit to the card of the original $100 and no obc. Or keeping the current obc and using the passages in the future and receiving another OBC. I made him repeat that a couple of times. It was surprising to me they would do this..

Odd thing...he told me it would be valid for only 3 years, and I thought they were valid 5 year or longer?

Oh, and both times I booked the specials they were not offered with OBC, so that is probably the difference.

Sorry this was much more long winded than I intended. lol

Unfortunately, Celebrity has a history of rude Customer Service Reps. Especially when dealing with a customer and a TA. It happened to a fellow CCer that was on our roll call before our last cruise. It's a real long story.

Passages Certificates have no expiration dates. Says so right there on it so I don't know why he said that. Maybe it's because of the mix up? Another case of inconsistent answers.

At least you were able to get it straight after a bunch of nonsense! I always book myself, then transfer it to my TA. I feel better knowing it's done right. She has never messed anything up and is VERY good, but I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to that stuff.

One way to make sure it's done correctly right away is that your new reservation number will be the same as the Passages number.

With the new rules,, you cannot combine a Passages booking OBC with an Exciting Deal. A friend tried in October. You can use the Passages booking but won't get the OBC. I cannot use my Shareholders Credit with an Exciting Deal either. You do get your Captain's Club credits with Exciting Deals.

I just booked an "Exciting Deal" yesterday and already have comfirmation from Celebrity that my shareholder's Credit has been applied.

I purchased mine on the eclipse, and since her us sailings have all the same staff in the last six months, I have to assume we probably used the same person.

Please don't think I'm arguing..I'm honestly curious. I spent quite a bit of time asking questions before we purchased them, and it annoys me that there are those restrictions. I'm the type of person that likes to stack up my coupons and obc and specials and etc and get as good a rate for my money as possibly. Regardless of whether I'm spending $1k or $10k.

My TA did a conference call with Celebrity who explained to me what happened. I actually took notes during the call and honestly the Celebrity guy was so irritating and condescending. He kept saying things like "This is how it needs to be done in the system," and "I need to explain this to you step by step so you won't make the mistake again" (to me, not my TA). Literally 8-10 minutes of him describing booking procedures and codes that were meaningless to me.

At one point I even said to the gentleman..please excuse this for sounding rude, but I don't need to nor want to know how it needs to go into the system properly...I'm not a travel agent and I'm not the one who made the mistake.

I had looked online and the celebrity OBC is already on the account and it says "passages". I have an OBC from the TA and received an additional $100 off because of the mistake (basically, I had to call about 7 times to get them to contact celebrity before they realized they made the mistake)

Celebrity gave me the option of canceling the passages, and receiving a credit to the card of the original $100 and no obc. Or keeping the current obc and using the passages in the future and receiving another OBC. I made him repeat that a couple of times. It was surprising to me they would do this..

Odd thing...he told me it would be valid for only 3 years, and I thought they were valid 5 year or longer?

Oh, and both times I booked the specials they were not offered with OBC, so that is probably the difference.

Sorry this was much more long winded than I intended. lol

I'm sorry if you thought I considered your statement an "argument." I surely didn't intend that.

You are every right to be annoyed that you were given incorrect information. And that Celebrity rep didn't sound like he was very helpful.

I hope everything works out well and you enjoy your cruise. Fortunately, the experience on the cruise ship itself is always so much better than dealing with the reps at Celebrity.

Archived