MDR for breakfast

The dining room is SOOOO much nicer....no waiting in lines, no searching for the items you want, while your food gets cold...no trying to find a clean table....

In the dining room, order what you want...mix and match menu items, if you want! All of the condiments are ON THE TABLE....syrup, jam, sugar, etc....whatever you want is SERVED to you, on a clean tablecloth!

It's so much better than any "buffet"!

I love French toast with syrup, and scrambled eggs with sausage....it's not listed like that on the menu, but tell them what you want...it will be there!

The dining room is SOOOO much nicer....no waiting in lines, no searching for the items you want, while your food gets cold...no trying to find a clean table....

In the dining room, order what you want...mix and match menu items, if you want! All of the condiments are ON THE TABLE....syrup, jam, sugar, etc....whatever you want is SERVED to you, on a clean tablecloth!

It's so much better than any "buffet"!

I love French toast with syrup, and scrambled eggs with sausage....it's not listed like that on the menu, but tell them what you want...it will be there!

I will be on AOS, what time does breakfast start in the MDR and what do you suggest for excursion days - off the ship by 8:15

WJ if you want to get off the ship earlier. But the MDR is much nicer to us also. I love for a refill in my coffee as soon as its empty. You have wonderful conversions with other passengers. And to us it just jump starts the day in a happy mood.

I love eating in the MDR for breakfast. I agree, it is so much nicer. I also love sitting with other guests as well. We have great conversations and you meet other people as well. What a way to enhance your cruise. I find it a great way to start the morning. I only order room service when I have an early call in port for an excursion.

Yes..You should give each a try and see what works out best for you..may be a combination of both depending on the day/port..Personally..I don't care to sit with other's that early in the morning :eek:...For my family the MDR quits serving breakfast a little too early for our taste...So our usual late WJ breakfast works out better for us...Enjoy wherever you happen to be....:)

WJ if you want to get off the ship earlier. But the MDR is much nicer to us also. I love for a refill in my coffee as soon as its empty. You have wonderful conversions with other passengers. And to us it just jump starts the day in a happy mood.

If anyone tries to subject me to a conversion, I will NOT be a happy cruiser!

:eek:

Yes, you can get a table for two for breakfast. You just tell them when you walk in and they will find you one. They prefer to put you with a group but they always find one for us immediately. I am not a talker early in morning either so we prefer the table for 2.

Adventure (in the Med) had a buffet breakfast in the main dining room which we loved. No scrambling to find a table in the WJ, but still able to wander around choosing what we wanted. Plus English bacon which wasn't available in WJ:)

I never have liked room service breakfast, but perhaps that's just me ... the eggs have always been luke-warm by the time the arrive, and it seems like a balancing act when ordering for 2-3 people to find space to set trays and pitchers, eat, etc.

If you want to eat in the MDR alone, please make that clear when you arrive. It feels like being the last kid picked for sports when you are sat at a large table and the others there immediately get up and leave.

Room Service breakfast just doesn't do it for us. There just isn't enough room! I know a lot of people talk about "loving" breakfast on their balcony but anything more than coffee is just too difficult to manage unless you like to eat with your plate on your knees!

We do both WJ & MDR depending on what time we get up. I always ask for a table for two in the MDR & have never been refused although it's obvious that they don't like it. It's not uncommon to be asked to wait off to the side as it will be a few minutes to accommodate your request................ I think they're hoping you'll say never mind & asked to be seated wherever they can put you immediately.

On our last cruise an elderly lady would eat alone each morning. Her waiter would actually butter her toast for her..(her hands would shake terribly)...we told him we felt badly that she always ate along and wondered if she would want to join us. He told us no..she preferred to eat alone because she would make a mess eating, because of her shaking and was embarrassed about it.

He would take care of her..change the napkin he placed on her chest to "catch" things that might drop, butter her toast...cut things for her...

The whole scenario reminded me of "Driving Miss Daisy"...as we watched him take care of her.:)

Room Service breakfast just doesn't do it for us. There just isn't enough room! I know a lot of people talk about "loving" breakfast on their balcony but anything more than coffee is just too difficult to manage unless you like to eat with your plate on your knees!

Loved the newer standard dining height balcony tables on the Allure. Made balcony breakfast a real pleasure. Beautiful view, warm air and a comfortable table.

M

I am one of those people who does not want to sit with strangers first thing in the morning. I am a crab before coffee and would not want to burden anyone with my company. I always ask for a table by myself and I see that others are doing this too. For those of you that think it is fun to sit with others, fine for you but I'll pass.

I am one of those people who does not want to sit with strangers first thing in the morning. I am a crab before coffee and would not want to burden anyone with my company. I always ask for a table by myself and I see that others are doing this too. For those of you that think it is fun to sit with others, fine for you but I'll pass.

Just be aware the during "peak" times they may not have a "single" to offer you.

Depending on your ship - there are other venue choices for breakfast - for donuts / danish / coffee cakes there is the Cafe Promenade on the Voyager and Freedom class ships - and on the Oasis and Allure there is also Johnny Rockets (full made to order), Central Park Cafe & Solarium Cafe buffets and the donut shop on the Boardwalk....all great choices.

The morning of the last full day of the cruise there may be a chocolate breakfast in the MDR - lots of chocolate waffles, pancakes, croisants, donuts and a chocolate shake.......I am a chocoholic.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I still prefer the MDR for breakfast over the windjammer. It is just so much less hectic!

My favorite is a bowl of hot cereal and some fruit. I could easily get this in the windjammer, but in the MDR I don't have to fight for a table, juggle the dishes, go back for my own coffee refills, etc..

Loved the newer standard dining height balcony tables on the Allure. Made balcony breakfast a real pleasure. Beautiful view, warm air and a comfortable table.

M

Are they large enough to hold two plates & coffee?

Just be aware the during "peak" times they may not have a "single" to offer you.

As I said earlier, they sometimes try to discourage you but a little patience goes a long way. On our last Navigator cruise, after about a 10 minute wait, we were placed in a part of the dining room that was not being used. By the time we left, there were several other deuces in the same area..........

Depending on your ship - there are other venue choices for breakfast - for donuts / danish / coffee cakes there is the Cafe Promenade on the Voyager and Freedom class ships - and on the Oasis and Allure there is also Johnny Rockets (full made to order), Central Park Cafe & Solarium Cafe buffets and the donut shop on the Boardwalk....all great choices.

The morning of the last full day of the cruise there may be a chocolate breakfast in the MDR - lots of chocolate waffles, pancakes, croisants, donuts and a chocolate shake.......I am a chocoholic.

Is there a cover charge for breakfast @ Johnny Rockets?

Archived