Benefits to having one cruise in Captain's Circle

Tikibird

We have previously cruised on P&O Australia so I think we have Captain's Circle membership. Apparently since I booked this upcoming cruise as an American (I'm a dual citizen), our Australian membership didn't get picked up. Our current cruise shows us as "new members" of Captain's Circle. Before I go through the trouble of trying to get the memberships recognized, is it worth it to do so? Is it better to board as having ONE P&O/Princess cruise rather than a newbie?

Maybe they can fix it up when we are on board?

I actually cruised with Princess in 1991 but that was when I was an employee in their LA office, so I don't think that counts!

If I remember correctly, before your P&O cruise is added, you must complete one Princess cruise first. The only benefits of having one under your Captain's Circle would just be a difference in the color of your cruise card. No perks after one cruise I am afraid. :(

Any cruise on P&O or Princess counts towards becoming Platinum and Elite. Call the Princess Captains Circle and have all of your cruises combined to one Captains Circle #. While it doesn't make a difference now other than being invited to the Past Passenger Party, it will in the future.

If I remember correctly, before your P&O cruise is added, you must complete one Princess cruise first. The only benefits of having one under your Captain's Circle would just be a difference in the color of your cruise card. No perks after one cruise I am afraid. :(

How can you say there is no perk for completing one cruise? You get to go to the Captain's Circle repeat customer cocktail party. You get the best watered down drinks at sea.

How can you say there is no perk for completing one cruise? You get to go to the Captain's Circle repeat customer cocktail party. You get the best watered down drinks at sea.

Opps! I forgot, as we stopped going to those years ago. My apology, I owe you one watered down drink Paul. lol

Last time I ordered a Martini. I think it was water with an olive served in the smallest Martini glass I have ever seen. I think it was a borderline cordial glass.

We have previously cruised on P&O Australia so I think we have Captain's Circle membership. Apparently since I booked this upcoming cruise as an American (I'm a dual citizen), our Australian membership didn't get picked up. Our current cruise shows us as "new members" of Captain's Circle. Before I go through the trouble of trying to get the memberships recognized, is it worth it to do so? Is it better to board as having ONE P&O/Princess cruise rather than a newbie?

Maybe they can fix it up when we are on board?

I actually cruised with Princess in 1991 but that was when I was an employee in their LA office, so I don't think that counts!

Bring some sort of proof of those cruises with you and then talk to the Captain's Circle Hostess on board. With the proof she can change the cruise history. If you still have your cruise card from that 1991 cruise, that would do it. At least it will get you to the Captain's Circle party which can be a pleasant experience. The wine is not watered down, and we enjoy the rum punch when we attend.

It can't hurt to ask and could get you a lot closer to Platinum, where the real benefits start...

Like the OP, we are dual citizens and sail as Americans. We did a P&O back in '04 before ever thinking about Princess. After I learned that P&O counted for Princess Captain Circle, I went to the Circle page on princess.com and did it all by email. I didn't remember too many details about the cruise (not even sure about the month) but apparently it was enough.

Worth while? Well, we didn't get anything "extra" because of that one cruise, but the ten days added to our total means that we'll be Platinum after this year's cruise (3 Princess plus the P&O = 52 days).

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy.

Most of the past cruiser's parties are on a formal night and since we don't bring formal clothes on vacation, we miss them. Oh well; I guess we miss a watered down drink.

You don't have to dress formally to attend any of the parties and you can order a special un-watered drink from the waiters - Of course you'll have to wait a short while till they return.

I usually drink red wine at the cocktail parties. They don't water that down. It's not the best wine but will do.

On the Island in December, our past passenger party was on a regular (non-formal) night toward the end of the cruise. I'm not sure if they rearranged the schedule for it because our second formal night (when I'd normally expect the party to be) was on Christmas Eve.

You don't have to dress formally to attend any of the parties and you can order a special un-watered drink from the waiters - Of course you'll have to wait a short while till they return.

I ordered an unwatered double vodka on the rocks at the last one we went to and was surprised when I did get it.

Last time I ordered a Martini. I think it was water with an olive served in the smallest Martini glass I have ever seen. I think it was a borderline cordial glass.

What's a cordial glass?

We had the most disgusting Martini. That also had an olive. It was truly like medicine. Would that be a dirty Martini?

Stick to the wine. They can't ruin that :cool:

Bring some sort of proof of those cruises with you and then talk to the Captain's Circle Hostess on board. With the proof she can change the cruise history. If you still have your cruise card from that 1991 cruise, that would do it. At least it will get you to the Captain's Circle party which can be a pleasant experience. The wine is not watered down, and we enjoy the rum punch when we attend.

It can't hurt to ask and could get you a lot closer to Platinum, where the real benefits start...

All I have from the 1991 cruise is the itinerary cut out from the brochure scrapbook style (proving it was 11 days), a photo of me shaking hands with the Captain (which proves I am not a real blonde) on Princess photo paper, a certificate for crossing the Equator on Princess stationery in my maiden name signed by the Captain and the CD and a couple portraits with the Princess logo photo paper. Would that do?

For the P&O cruise, we both have some kind of membership number that looks like 123456789A for him and 123456789B for me. Is that a Captain's Circle number? This cruise was 11 or 12 days. So we are looking at 23 days potential for me.

Free wine or champagne sounds good to me as long as we don't have to dress formal for it! :D

What's a cordial glass?

We had the most disgusting Martini. That also had an olive. It was truly like medicine. Would that be a dirty Martini?

Stick to the wine. They can't ruin that :cool:

If you didn't specify Vodka Martini it was probably made with Gin which to me tastes like medicine. A dirty Martini is made by adding olive juice which gives the drink a cloudy look and salty taste. I have ordered them at the Martini bar and they are quite good if you request Grey Goose Vodka. A cordial glass is a basically a shot glass with a stem like a wine or martini glass. A Martini is all alcohol. They must have watered down the bottle of vodka they made mine with.

All I have from the 1991 cruise is the itinerary cut out from the brochure scrapbook style (proving it was 11 days), a photo of me shaking hands with the Captain (which proves I am not a real blonde) on Princess photo paper, a certificate for crossing the Equator on Princess stationery in my maiden name signed by the Captain and the CD and a couple portraits with the Princess logo photo paper. Would that do?

For the P&O cruise, we both have some kind of membership number that looks like 123456789A for him and 123456789B for me. Is that a Captain's Circle number? This cruise was 11 or 12 days. So we are looking at 23 days potential for me.

Free wine or champagne sounds good to me as long as we don't have to dress formal for it! :D

You have more than enough. All I had from my P&O was two photos of the two of us, which weren't very specific - all you could tell was that it was on a cruise ship! I attached them to the email I sent, and it worked fine!

Good luck.

We sailed our first cruise with Princess in 1991. We didn't sail again with them until 2006. They had no record of our first sailing but when I made the reservation through Princess the rep told me to fax a picture from our first cruise and she would add us to the Captains Circle program. I did fax a picture that was taken by the ship photographer and when we arrived and checked in they issued us gold cards. I found it funny that they accepted a picture as proof since the whole conversation took place over the phone and they had no idea if it was really us or not.

Cool, I can work on getting at least myself upgraded to "past passenger", that would get us both into the Captain's party, right?

Then on board, I can work on getting the P&O accounts merged to the Captain's circle to push me closer to platinum. Free internet is a nice perk!

Archived