Breakfast menu main dining room

ilandlvr

You can get eggs prepared any way you want them, bacon, sausage, fruit juices and fruit, hot and cold cereal, pastries and breads, smoked salmon and bagel, pancakes and a lot of the other usual breakfast fare. They also have two special features every morning like french toast, eggs benedict.

On our recent Royal cruise, we found that we preferred eating breakfast in the MDR, rather than the Horizon Ct. Never a problem finding a table, good selection and quality, as summarized by SSBeagle, and no temptation to overload our plates, as often seems to happen in the buffet:(

There are the staples everyday but there are different specials every morning. I often have an egg dish with the smoked salmon and a bagel on the side...except on that morning when they feature the Alaskan Scramble which is scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

Here is the daily breakfast menu. It is the same throughout the fleet. The last photo is an example of two of the specials that are offered, those change daily.

945689394_rgXvj-L-1.jpg

945689653_V6p7K-L.jpg

945689453_3nPUr-L-1.jpg

Hope that helps!

It is the same as you would see in a nice restaurant for breakfast

Of course! They come around with trays of fresh pastries and muffins; if you order a banana they will peel it and slice it for you before serving it. You can have as much of anything as you want. BTW, you can even order english style bacon if they have it. It's so much nicer eating in the MDR than the buffet because it is relaxing. You are served and don't have to stand on lines and then search for a table like you do in the buffet.

Our first cruise was on the Grand Princess. We didn't go to the MDR for breakfast until the 7th day. Wow, It was fabulous We sure had missed out. We fellt a little ripped off that we hadn't discovered it before. Now we eat breakfast in the MDR as much as we can. As others have said, it is so quiet and pleasant. It's one of our favorite things while cruising. If you can choose favorites, that is. I don't think there is anything we dislike about being on a cruise ship!

BTW, you can even order english style bacon if they have it. .

Never knew that! Have only seen British bangers for BK at HC...never noticed British bacon there or in MD (and that was on a cruise out of Southampton.) Any Brits able to confirm this on other ships at other times? Full English/Scottish/Welsh Cooked Breakfast is one of life's blessings, although one's cardiologist might disagree.:p

• 2 years later...

I just spoke to my travel companion who insisted the main dining room doesn't serve breakfast any longer. Is this true? I will be on the Island Princess in two weeks for a 15 day trip and I was really looking forward to going to the MDR at least on the sea days if possible instead of the buffet. I told her I was pretty sure (from CC) that they did serve it but she didn't think so.

I just spoke to my travel companion who insisted the main dining room doesn't serve breakfast any longer. Is this true? I will be on the Island Princess in two weeks for a 15 day trip and I was really looking forward to going to the MDR at least on the sea days if possible instead of the buffet. I told her I was pretty sure (from CC) that they did serve it but she didn't think so.
Your travel companion is incorrect.

That sounds much better then the buffet breakfast.

We eat breakfast in the buffet only when we have to (like an early excursion off the ship). Other times we goo to the MDR because it is so nice. You can wear shorts and tee shirts if you like and you not only have great food, but great service in a non-crowded pleasant dining room.

Try it and you will love it!

Well, she is simply wrong.

I agree with the other posters about the MDR. I always eat breakfast in the MDR unless I have an early shore excursion.

I order a bagel with smoked salmon nearly every morning (it comes with capers, cream chees, a slice of onion, and a slice of tomato) along with an egg dish or their special. Nice and relaxing - and someone to wait on me.

I hesitated to make this comment, because I don't really want everyone else to discover the MDR for breakfast.;)

Archived