Marina reviews

LHT28

One review posted

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=78516

... where are the rest :confused:

Where are all the critics of the Maiden voyage we need the FACTS :D

I guess the REAL cruise experience will begin today.

Lyn

18 days to go before our turn :D

Lyn, I posted yesterday, so my review should appear within a couple days, after it is cleared by the CC staff. I will tell you, however, my overall judgement was a hearty five stars!

One review posted

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=78516

... where are the rest :confused:

Where are all the critics of the Maiden voyage we need the FACTS :D

I guess the REAL cruise experience will begin today.

Lyn

18 days to go before our turn :D

Just send you a message to yahoo. Just heard from my friend onboard.

I just got off the three day "cruise" and I had to laugh reading the review. Totally agree with most of it. Awesome experience, but defintiely small showers! As in, it's hard to shampoo your hair because its hard to get your head out of the spray. And, you have to hold your breath to shave your legs. But, my mom, who likes baths, was in heaven.

Our food was 90% awesome with one outlier, really, really bad meal at Polo. I'd be happy to answer any questions from the perspective of an "Oceania outsider" about the experience. I also got to take a tour, so I've inspected all the cabin types!

I've been trying to think how I would structure a review on Marina after all of the daily reporting.....

Just not sure what else there is left to say....

A job well done Dave

But there must have been other passengers onboard :D

Would like to hear comparisons from past cruisers as well as the new to Oceania crowd

Every one has an opinion lets hear some :D

Lyn

I just got off the three day "cruise" and I had to laugh reading the review. Totally agree with most of it. Awesome experience, but defintiely small showers! As in, it's hard to shampoo your hair because its hard to get your head out of the spray. And, you have to hold your breath to shave your legs. But, my mom, who likes baths, was in heaven.

Our food was 90% awesome with one outlier, really, really bad meal at Polo. I'd be happy to answer any questions from the perspective of an "Oceania outsider" about the experience. I also got to take a tour, so I've inspected all the cabin types!

Sorry to hear about the showers - I was hoping for a more significant improvement in that department from the R ships (at least there is no clinging shower curtain :)). We are not "tub" people.

Polo was my favorite on the R ship. What did you have that was so bad?

Thanks.

A job well done Dave

But there must have been other passengers onboard :D

Would like to hear comparisons from past cruisers as well as the new to Oceania crowd

Every one has an opinion lets hear some :D

Lyn

Lyn,

less than 3 weeks to form our own opinions - which, in the end, are the only ones that really matter (to us) :).

I can't wait!

Sorry to hear about the showers - I was hoping for a more significant improvement in that department from the R ships (at least there is no clinging shower curtain :)). We are not "tub" people.

We like having both showers and tubs in the bathroom, plus we like to shower together, so the shower size is more important to us than the tub size. (We don't, however, like combination showers/tubs. Plus, they are difficult for a lot of people to access, with the higher sides.)

Heck, a Japanese soaking tub (or one of that small footprint) together with a larger, rectangular shower would be our choice.

Maybe if enough people mention this then the upcoming Riviera can get bigger, better showers! :)

The tub/shower combination was something we disliked on the "R" ships. They are indeed difficult for some to manage.

I did not find the Marina shower to be uncomfortably small, although two in there would be a challenge. On the rocky sea days we had I thought the size was an asset in that there was less room to slip vs the "R" ship setup.

The tub/shower combination was something we disliked on the "R" ships. They are indeed difficult for some to manage.

The other thing about those combination tub/shower arrangements is that every time we have seen them on ships they have a glass sliding door, and that means you can't sit on the edge of the tub and the slider is harder for the crew to clean.

We are going to have a Penthouse cabin on an upcoming "R" ship cruise. Is that just a combination shower/tub, too?

The other thing about those combination tub/shower arrangements is that every time we have seen them on ships they have a glass sliding door, and that means you can't sit on the edge of the tub and the slider is harder for the crew to clean.

We are going to have a Penthouse cabin on an upcoming "R" ship cruise. Is that just a combination shower/tub, too?

I'm afraid neither R class nor Marina PH have showers big enough for two. Perhaps Oceania suite or above may fit that bill.

R ship PH has a tub/shower combo, and it is on the small side .

Yes, the PH has a shower/tub combo. I am height challenged :D and I found it difficult to climb in/out.

Also, although the marble floor is beautiful, it is VERY slippery.

Hi TKS,

I just read your Marina review. Thank you for posting! I am like you a daily Chai drinker so very disappointed to hear that Barista's does not carry Chai. I can always hope that they rectify that oversight before August when I sail. When I gave up coffee ten years ago I became addicted to Chai. Can you tell me if there was a good variety selection of tea otherwise. Thanks!

Tropiclady

R ship PH has a tub/shower combo, and it is on the small side .

PH Tub/Shower combo is on the small side???? I agree that the showers in the Veranda cabins and below are on the small side but the Tub/Shower in PH looked pretty standard sized to me!

Hi TKS,

I just read your Marina review. Thank you for posting! I am like you a daily Chai drinker so very disappointed to hear that Barista's does not carry Chai. I can always hope that they rectify that oversight before August when I sail. When I gave up coffee ten years ago I became addicted to Chai. Can you tell me if there was a good variety selection of tea otherwise. Thanks!

Tropiclady

There are about 6-10 different teas, from green tea to Earl Gray available, including some herbals (I drank the mint and chamomile). You could take your own teabags, however, since the coffee/cappucino machines do have a hot water spout, and Giovanni in Baristas has the frothed milk to add to make it extra yummy!

Oh, and there is a pear tea in Red Ginger that is absolutely magnificent!

Heck, a Japanese soaking tub (or one of that small footprint) together with a larger, rectangular shower would be our choice.

Hi ya, there, O&R! :)

Have you been to the Gaige House in Glen Ellen?

Their "zen" suites have the most fabulous Japanese soaking tubs that had to be lowered by crane into the bathrooms when constructed.

Sounds like you'd like 'em. And since Glen Ellen is a hop, skip and a jump from you..........(as it is for us!) ;)

gaigesoakingtub.jpg

http://www.gaige.com/

Thanks for the lovely link; I still am sponging!

I did watch Mary Hart's lovely Marina videos on ET tonight, although we missed seeing the last video of the christening itself becuase our local CBS affiliate had "technical problems" and put in a bunch of commericals instead!

I see they mentioned that O may offer 7 days cruises ... :eek:

I hope not

Maybe trying for younger demographics ;)

We will stick with the longer cruises 12 +

Lyn

Thanks for the lovely link; I still am sponging!

I did watch Mary Hart's lovely Marina videos on ET tonight, although we missed seeing the last video of the christening itself becuase our local CBS affiliate had "technical problems" and put in a bunch of commericals instead!

It was the same as previously posted on Youtube, so if you saw that you saw the complete show. I think they showed a few fireworks being set off as well. I am waiting for May 16th to board the Marina. My husband is starting to get excited about going on the ship now.

Hi ya, there, O&R! :)

Have you been to the Gaige House in Glen Ellen?

Their "zen" suites have the most fabulous Japanese soaking tubs that had to be lowered by crane into the bathrooms when constructed.

Sounds like you'd like 'em. And since Glen Ellen is a hop, skip and a jump from you..........(as it is for us!) ;)

gaigesoakingtub.jpg

http://www.gaige.com/

Good thing you didn't post a shower photo, Beav!;)

Ricki

Archived