Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

My vote is for silver, too! The fabric of your dress is flowy and the style is IMHO, very cocktailish...so silver sandals are the best match. And you mentioned having silver jewelry to complete a WOW outfit:).

Day After Tomorrow - The Process will start:cool:. It's been a busy October and I've carved out 2 days to devote to Outfit Selection. Photos, hopefully by early next weekicon14.gif

I am so excited about some of my new clothing for our next cruise. I purchased this blue and white top that has a white tank under it. I am

going to wear this with my white skinny jeans. Jeans came from sale rack

at White House Black Market for $ 20.00 top was $ 20.00 at Kohls.

Then I got the Tommy Bahama dress at the outlest for $ 15.00

My Coach Beach Bag was a little splurge because I don't usually spend a lot on beach bags but this will last forever. Another outlet purchase for $ 99.00 Now if Dec would hurry up!!

IMG_8403.jpg.d6f81a3c2a5ab8d238193fe8bd6977aa.jpg

IMG_8404.jpg.623f560754982b5ccef8c0292206fbe4.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg.96e4c5c9ef5e76655778639bdaa1c8f9.jpg

footballbabe3: Love your photos! Clothes look great and the bargains make it all double-great:)! WHBM, Tommy Bahama and Coach - can't much more in a cruising state-of-mind:cool:.

I laid out jewelry and shoes today...but not enough time to go any farther...All of you who are posting photos are getting me in the Start the Process Mood (like any CCF ISN'T in the mood;)).

Hey there indiana71..... I've been "lurking for a long time and can't wait for you to start your "process ". I am driving my husband nuts because I have started a "cruise closet" and our next cruise isn't until 1/11/14. But...... I told him with all the holidays, the time will fly by much too fast, and I want to be prepared and not feel rushed after the New Year! My biggest problem is those 5 extra pounds I gained after cruising for a month in May and then followed by a summer spent eating and cocktail partying at the beach! Let the cruise season in the Caribbean begin!!!!!!

Hey there indiana71..... I've been "lurking for a long time and can't wait for you to start your "process ". I am driving my husband nuts because I have started a "cruise closet" and our next cruise isn't until 1/11/14. But...... I told him with all the holidays, the time will fly by much too fast, and I want to be prepared and not feel rushed after the New Year! My biggest problem is those 5 extra pounds I gained after cruising for a month in May and then followed by a summer spent eating and cocktail partying at the beach! Let the cruise season in the Caribbean begin!!!!!!

I can't wait either!! I have pulled out my rolling rack and today shopped at dressbarn. I purchased 4 shirts and a dress for $ 52.00. They have racks for 70% off. I am going on a cruise with 3 guys so they could care less about the clothing.

ocbeachbums: WELCOME to CCF! I can sympathize with you - extra pounds have snuck up around my middle - keeping me from jumping into The Process, full-speed-aheadicon4.gif.

In the past, it's been 3 or 4 pounds that come off fairly easily...but this time I packed on SEVEN pounds! Enough to make the Cruise Clothes very uncomfortable.

November 10 is my Start the Process date and I'm confident that the clothes will fit better by then. That will be the latest I've ever started Outfit TryOns, but on a positive note, the suitcases won't be packed so far ahead that they leave a big indentation on the bed:rolleyes:.

Meanwhile - a tiny step in The Process was taken today. I cleaned out the main Cosmetics Bag. While everything was sitting out, a photo op presented itself:

232323232%7Ffp%3B99%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3653%3B%3B%3C897335nu0mrj

There are some hair products, lotions, face wipes, etc., that will go in a smaller cosmetics bag. These items were checked off on the sheet to the left and are now Ready to Cruise.

Oh, and DH has a few items too...

232323232%7Ffp%3B75%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3653%3B%3B%3C896335nu0mrj

He laughs at all the "stuff" I take, when his items could fit in a small ZipLoc bag;). There's only one comb in the photo, but since he tends to misplace combs, I pack several!

Gotta go now...time to eat a little yogurt and fruit - and then take a walkicon14.gif.

I am driving my husband nuts because I have started a "cruise closet" and our next cruise isn't until 1/11/14. But...... I told him with all the holidays, the time will fly by much too fast,

What! You are just starting your cruise closet now!!! :D

I have a cruise closet and a cruise dresser. Anything I might want to pack for a cruise stays there. If I wear it or use it, it gets cleaned and put right back. In one drawer I keep things like locks, luggage scale, highlighter pen, lanyard, rain ponchos, flashlight, duct tape, insect repellent, medicine chest, and all the other little things that take forever to assemble if they are not kept together. Also kept there is my travel info portfolio- any cruise related info that I will take gets printed off as soon as it is booked and placed in a vinyl sleeve.

If the day ever came that I was told I could go on a cruise if I could be ready in 10 minutes, I could do it! (I am still waiting for that day:()

I read something that I thought was a good information. I thought all the other ladies on this sight might want to know. When I tan, my legs never seem to tan as well as the rest of my body. A Dermatalogist told me if you moisturize that area before and after tanning it will eventually tan evenly. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I thought I would share this.

So funny to realize the difference between what us women take and what our men take as far as cosmetics. I am always adding and taking away, while my DH never looks at what he's taking until he (or rather I) pick them!!!

And, we have been cruising since 2004, but, no, I never put together a totally dedicated cruise closet. Yes, there are clothing that I tend to wear only on cruises, but I have never really separated them out into their own dedicated closet......what was I thinking???? I have always keep lists of what I take so I am able to fairly easily pull clothes when cruise time comes. But, having a closet to put clothes in that are ONLY for cruising sure will make it easier.

My daughter has joined Weight Watchers and has been only drinking smoothies for breakfast and lunch. She is going to give me a lesson this weekend. I have never had an issue losing weight, but, with age, it is soooo much harder!!!

I started my cruise closet about a year ago after seeing one in a Cunard video. When it came time for my cruise last December, it was so eash going to the closet and pulling those things I wanted to take. I didn't have to figure out where I had put them and they were all clean and ready to go.

I live in a tiny house with two closets and I have two wardrobes. I chose the smallest closet as my cruise closet.

10484621613_ff67ecff67_z.jpg

I started my cruise closet about a year ago after seeing one in a Cunard video. When it came time for my cruise last December, it was so eash going to the closet and pulling those things I wanted to take. I didn't have to figure out where I had put them and they were all clean and ready to go.

I live in a tiny house with two closets and I have two wardrobes. I chose the smallest closet as my cruise closet.

WOW! I want to go shopping in your closet!

burm: How quickly could I be ready to cruise??? Let's just say this will be a 10-nighter...One day to try on complete outfits, one day to pack and maybe fit in a mani/pedi;). That would be 2 days:cool:. Taking for granted that we're going to the Caribbean - let's go!!

Everything Cruise Worthy is in the Cruise Room - except jewelry; and it doesn't take long to move it in.

Thank you for sharing your Cruise Closet and Cruise Dresser contents. That kind of info is very helpful to CCFs.

footballbabe3: Yes!! I don't spend hours in the sun - but even when my upper half has a nice tan - legs are lily white!! Thanks for the tip:).

Scrapnana: Two closets and two wardrobes? Wow! You are a dedicated CCF with good organizational skills, to have one of those closets dedicated to cruising.icon14.gif

Edited by indiana71

Just curious....do you not ever wear your cruise clothes at home?

So funny to realize the difference between what us women take and what our men take as far as cosmetics. I am always adding and taking away, while my DH never looks at what he's taking until he (or rather I) pick them!!!

And, we have been cruising since 2004, but, no, I never put together a totally dedicated cruise closet. Yes, there are clothing that I tend to wear only on cruises, but I have

The reason men can put everything into one little Ziploc bag is that women tend to look after the important stuff. We are the ones who buy and pack sunscreen, insect repellant, bandaids, Tylenol, highlighters for marking events of interest in the ship's newsletter, etc. Men toss in deodorant, shaving stuff, toothbrush and floss, and that's it- but they use all the things we remember to pack.

The clothing in my cruise closet is not necessarily used solely for cruising, but can be worn and put back there.

My family cruise is in 26 days. Can't wait! We will be 19 people. Bought these tote bags for everyone when they were on clearance a few weeks ago for $2.48!!! So cute. They also came in pink stripes with a green palm tree.

I want to start packing NOW, but I will hold off for another few weeks.

http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9780594548744_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Just curious....do you not ever wear your cruise clothes at home?

Sometimes I do, especially my LBD. It is a very simple style - what we used to call a shift - and I wear it to funerals (going to many more than I used to:eek:). In the picture you see a part of a black jacket with white stitching. That jacket is often paired with the LBD.

About half of the clothes there are for evening. Formals, semi-formals and dressy tops and bottoms. I never have an occasion to wear those at home (other than the LBD).

Love the gold top.....it can be casual or not...it looks like the blue top has some sparkle?? Any flip flop that is comfortable ( and I assume a Sperry is very comfortable) is great for a cruise. I once bought a new pair of flip flops and they "killed me" between the toes. Now, I only take ones that have been proven and comfy. And I am not afraid to wear then on casual nights!!

I am trying to find something to wear with this sweater. Any help

from you ladies would be great. What about a short tight sequin gold skirt? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!! I think we have all had some really bad shoe stories. AS I get older I am less likely to put up with the pain I use to. LOL

Edited by footballbabe3

Unless you can get really close to the gold color, I'm not sure how it would work...If your go shopping, take the sweater with you...you'll know! I have a gold, metallic sweater and I pair it with black. How about a black, sequin skirt??? Or ivory???

I found this light weight sweater that has gold shimmery threads running threw it. I am not sure if it will stay or go. Then I have 2 pairs of white shorts so I will use these tops for a casual day. These Sperry Top-Sider flip flops are great for a long walking day.

I LOVE the gold sweater!

Okay ladies I am going to pick your brains again. Today I was putting together my outfits and realized I need some fun jewelry. I would like to shop online for that. Any suggestions?

How about Claire's http://www.claires.com/ or Charming Charlie http://www.charmingcharlie.com/ ?

Edited by Scrapnana