Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I like to be exploring the ship the first day. I put what I am wearing to dinner the first night on the top of my suitcase so it is easy to get to when I am ready to change for dinner. I empty my suitcase in the evening after dinner, show, etc. I am a night owl anyway so this doesn't bother me. Next cruise I have a feeling it will take me a few days to unpack (3 suitcases).:eek:

I unpack as soon as I can. I also bring extra hangers. If we are on Princess I will iron anything that needs to be touched up. But on our last Princess cruise I did unpack and let things hang, and by the next day all wrinkles were gone.

Our next cruise is on RCCL, so if something needs to be pressed I will send it out to be done.

Since we are familiar with the ships we will be cruising on we usually board, eat and return to the cabin to unpack.

Once that is done I head to the specialty restaurants to make certain our reservations are all in order. We pre-book as many nights as we can there we just love the menu in the Pinnacle Grill.

Indiana71: I hope to get lots of pictures. If I can figure out where to store them I will post them. It is a huge accomplishment and I am very proud. I do intend to at least get 30minutes of hills on the treadmill every day. That with walking the ship and the ports should do it.

I wanted to thank you for starting this thread and for keeping it so interesting and on the right track with your questions and input. So, thanks.

Edited by kakalina

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on the Carnival Conquest in January. Since we both prefer to travel Carry on only, I have already long since been planning my packing list for both of us. While day clothes are plain, they mix and match really well, and I have jewelry to dress them up a bit and add color. I've been skimming this thread since I found it a few days ago, and wanted to post my packing list and see what you all thought. I omitted the red dress from the final list, as I already have 2 dresses (thankfully wrinkle proof) for formal nights, and then the mix & match dressier tops to go with the black skirt. Amazingly enough, all this, plus my flat iron, toiletries, and jewelry/makeup bag fit into my carryon!

cbf2b06b4c836185c72fa93346517f54.jpg

What a very talented stylist and packer you are stitch! I am impressed with all of your choices and it looks like you are all set for a fun week. Pretty impressive that you can fit all of that in a carryon along with makeup, sunscreen, flat iron!

The only tweak I might make is to add a beach coverup (or two). In warmer climes, I think we all spend quite a bit of time in our bathing suits. But perhaps you are planning on wearing short and a t over your suit while on an excursion.

I do actually have 2 coverups packed, polyvore just didn't have any for me to use in the visual. I also have a hat not shown and of course the under garments. lol. I actually have about half of my toiletries in my husbands suitcase, since all he needs to bring is his deodorant (shampoos and body wash are provided in the cabins I'm told), which worked out for me since it basically means I have 2 toiletry bags...lol, though there are items like sunblock, aloe vera, first aid items..etc in there as well. We are sitting at 47 days and counting till cruise time! I can't wait! Especially with the bitter cold temps we have had here.

What a very talented stylist and packer you are stitch! I am impressed with all of your choices and it looks like you are all set for a fun week. Pretty impressive that you can fit all of that in a carryon along with makeup, sunscreen, flat iron!

The only tweak I might make is to add a beach coverup (or two). In warmer climes, I think we all spend quite a bit of time in our bathing suits. But perhaps you are planning on wearing short and a t over your suit while on an excursion.

Has anyone bought any special cover ups lately? I am looking for some new ideas.

Sharon

(Excuse the change in font, etc. - The Reply to Thread isn't allowing me to choose).

ANYWAY: stitch81: Your pictures and packing plan are worthy of a CCF diamond tiara! (I would have added a smiley face...but that didn't work either! Your clothing choices give you lots of different outfits. AND it won't take you as long to unpack as some CCFs!

Thank you for sharing!

I wonder if I could make one. It looks easy enough.

All you need is to cut the material the right size and hem it. That said, thin fabric can move while trying to cut it. You might want to use a wheel cutter and a cutting mat. It might be easier to square it off (making sure the fabric is cut straight).

Just wanted to come on here and wish Indiana a Bon Voyage! I realize you will be leaving soon for your cruise....have a wonderful time and know that your CCF friends will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing some pictures upon your return :)

48 hours and counting before we are off for 25 wonderfully relaxing days in Hawaii and Mexico. All is packed but for a few things. Sunday we will do a repack and see where we are.

I realized yesterday that although I had bought a nice cardigan for evenings, I neglected to grab anything for the casual evenings and days when some of the public rooms can get pretty chilly. I do have one pink and gray light like jogging jacket but it is from before and a size 2x. I wear a medium now.

I don't want to go to any stores until after Christmas if I can help it. I would only have to wear it perhaps two or three times on the way into and out of San Diego. Should I try to get away with it or not? Thoughts??

48 hours and counting before we are off for 25 wonderfully relaxing days in Hawaii and Mexico. All is packed but for a few things. Sunday we will do a repack and see where we are.

I realized yesterday that although I had bought a nice cardigan for evenings, I neglected to grab anything for the casual evenings and days when some of the public rooms can get pretty chilly. I do have one pink and gray light like jogging jacket but it is from before and a size 2x. I wear a medium now.

I don't want to go to any stores until after Christmas if I can help it. I would only have to wear it perhaps two or three times on the way into and out of San Diego. Should I try to get away with it or not? Thoughts??

I do not want to go to the stores this weekend so I can understand your feelings. Could you possibly wear the cardigan you purchased for the casual evenings as well? Are you taking any kind of a jacket that could be worn during the day if you get chilly? How about buying a sweatshirt or windbreaker on board for cool days?

Have a great cruise and don't forget we want to see pictures when you return!

Edited by Scrapnana

Scrapnana: Thanks for the thoughts. I do have a windbreaker but it is a nylon one that makes terrible swishy noises all the time. LOL The cardigan may do but the front is decorated with white and black "pearls" it is just too dressy for casual wear. I think.

Geocruiser: Thanks

Well got the hair cut yesterday. I wish I had done it a week earlier because it looks just a bit too short and isn't laying right. Dang it!:eek:

Today I do my mani, pedi, brows and lip waxed and eyelashes dyed. I can no longer apply mascara as I can't see if I take off my glasses and they don't make a mirror that is magnified enough. :o

I am trying to decide between OPI Cajun Shrimp ( a deep coral ) or L'Oreal Delicious ( a clear bright red ). What do y'all think? I am a wheat blonde with yellow eyes and very, very pale skin tones. I am warm tones not cool.

My sweet neighbor offered me the run of her closet to find a light wrap but she's two sizes smaller than I ( at least ) but the offer is appreciated.

Edited by kakalina

It's Almost Here!!! We leave tomorrow morning for the first leg of the drive. Going to the Poconos and then on to Bayonne NJ Monday morning!

Last night, while at Light Up Night in my niece's lovely little town, I had a hard time believing that NEXT Friday we'll be in San Juan, doing some of the same things:cool: We WON'T be wearing winter coats, scarves, gloves, hat and boots!

DH has been tutored RE How to Photograph a CCF so Pictures Show Outfit Choices...we'll see how he does;)

This is, most likely, my last post until After the Cruise...keep the conversation going. I look forward to catching up upon my return!

It's Almost Here!!! We leave tomorrow morning for the first leg of the drive. Going to the Poconos and then on to Bayonne NJ Monday morning!

Last night, while at Light Up Night in my niece's lovely little town, I had a hard time believing that NEXT Friday we'll be in San Juan, doing some of the same things:cool: We WON'T be wearing winter coats, scarves, gloves, hat and boots!

DH has been tutored RE How to Photograph a CCF so Pictures Show Outfit Choices...we'll see how he does;)

This is, most likely, my last post until After the Cruise...keep the conversation going. I look forward to catching up upon my return!

Have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to seeing your (DH's) pics when you return.