Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Bought this top to wear with black ponte pants. ImageUploadedByForums1385948672.133473.jpg.b53791096aadb2f3fadd2e58fc82c8a8.jpg. I also had forgotten about the cover girl outlast lipstick! I have a bright red from last year that was my go to last winter and this thread reminded me of it.....totally went and bought a nude/mauve shade for every day! With lip liner, it lasts all day. It is dry, but I apply chopstick regularly anyway! This stuff is awesome,but you def need lip liner first.

It's Almost Here!!! We leave tomorrow morning for the first leg of the drive. Going to the Poconos and then on to Bayonne NJ Monday morning!

Last night, while at Light Up Night in my niece's lovely little town, I had a hard time believing that NEXT Friday we'll be in San Juan, doing some of the same things:cool: We WON'T be wearing winter coats, scarves, gloves, hat and boots!

DH has been tutored RE How to Photograph a CCF so Pictures Show Outfit Choices...we'll see how he does;)

This is, most likely, my last post until After the Cruise...keep the conversation going. I look forward to catching up upon my return!

Have a wonderful time. I am looking forward to the pictures (you always have great ones).

I am all ways cold on board the ship. I bring some shawls with me. I do bring a black, white one. But my question is: should my shawl be the same color as the outfit that I am wearing?

I like the shawl to be a different color unless it actually came with the dress. For example, I like to wear a royal blue or red shawl with my LBD.

I am all ways cold on board the ship. I bring some shawls with me. I do bring a black, white one. But my question is: should my shawl be the same color as the outfit that I am wearing?

I wouldn't worry so much about matching your outfit but wearing something that complements it. For example if you are wearing a black dress, a black shawl would match and look nice. You can't go wrong. But a red shawl might complement the dress more and pull the outfit together especially if you use red accessories. Another scenario, if you are wearing a multi-color dress you might want a shawl that is one of the colors in your dress.

Ultimately, it is personal choice, what you feel comfortable wearing and what you already have.

No matter what you choose, you will be fine.

Edited by luvscruising2007

Little Black Dress

Thanks, I had no idea what it meant.

I just got a hair cut this AM. Short and curly. I have been using a new girl for the past two hair cuts. My "old gal" left . My new hairdresser is not out of school long, less than a year. But she has talent. I also was a hair dress for 25 years before I went to college. So, I was very surprised when I found out that she was new at it. Some people just have more talent than others.

Edited by geocruiser

Indiana,

Welcome home. I hope that you had a great cruise. (I think you are home, it was a seven night cruise?)

Kakalina ,

Hope that you are enjoying your trip.

Not sure but I think it is 9 or 10 day cruise. We were on the cruise last year and it was 10 days. So, we have a few days to wait for her return.

Not sure but I think it is 9 or 10 day cruise. We were on the cruise last year and it was 10 days. So, we have a few days to wait for her return.

your are right. I think the cruise left from either NY/NJ or Pa. So it would be longer that seven days.

your are right. I think the cruise left from either NY/NJ or Pa. So it would be longer that seven days.

Indiana left from Bayonne, NJ last Monday so it's a few more days, I guess. That's a relief as I feared they'd be disembarking today with all of that nasty weather in NY/NJ/PA.

Indiana left from Bayonne, NJ last Monday so it's a few more days, I guess. That's a relief as I feared they'd be disembarking today with all of that nasty weather in NY/NJ/PA.

I hope the ride up the coast is not to rough for her with the storm. I am looking forward to seeing her pictures. I just love all her beautiful outfits.

By looking at your cruise, I would think it would be day # & 8

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Wednesday, December 18

4:00 PM

At Sea

Thursday, December 19

At Sea

Friday, December 20

Aruba

Saturday, December 21

7:00 AM 12:30 PM

Cartagena, Colombia

Sunday, December 22

9:00 AM 3:00 PM

Panama Canal, Panama (Gatun Lake)

Monday, December 23

6:00 AM 3:30 PM

Colon, Panama

Monday, December 23

5:00 PM 8:00 PM

Limon, Costa Rica

Tuesday, December 24

7:00 AM 6:00 PM

At Sea

Wednesday, December 25

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Thursday, December 26

9:00 AM 4:00 PM

At Sea

Friday, December 27

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Saturday, December 28

7:00 AM

Close Window

I've been following these posts for a while. I've never posted here. We are leaving in 27 days, first a few days at Disney, then our cruise. I'm hoping to get my Christmas stuff done in the guest room, this weekend, then I can get started on the cruise planning and packing. We're so excited for the Caribbean.

I've been following these posts for a while. I've never posted here. We are leaving in 27 days, first a few days at Disney, then our cruise. I'm hoping to get my Christmas stuff done in the guest room, this weekend, then I can get started on the cruise planning and packing. We're so excited for the Caribbean.

Welcome to the thread. 27 days will go by so fast. We are on FOS on Jan and will be in Fl. a few weeks before. The time is short. I did all my shopping and it has all been mailed. Just packing stuff to bring to our condo in Fl. Not much this time. I can't keep bring things down when I all ready have a full house of "stuff". Will pack for our cruise when I get there.

PS there is so much snow up here. I went to P{T this AM and in an hour there was two to four inches on new snow. The lake flakes really get to me!!

Edited by geocruiser

After every cruise I say, "This was The BEST Cruise ever!" But this time, it really IS true!

The drive to Bayonne was easy. We thought there might be after Thanksgiving traffic and/or First Day of Hunting Season traffic...but neither!

The first 2 days were cool, so warmer clothes were worn. We had a bit of rockin' and rollin' (with those infamous bags hanging on railings), but don't know of anyone who became ill.

Driving home was a little different...the first hour we traveled less than 4 miles!:eek: Traffic was awful!! But after that, the roads were clear and no problem.

General Observation of Other Cruisers: Speaking of clothes, of course. There were fewer "stupid saying" t-shirts. On Formal Nights, the ladies wore CCF approved outfits. There weren't as many guys in tuxes as on some other cruises. Overall, outfits were very appropriate.

Thanks to All who expressed good wishes. We watched weather with fingers crossed and were relieved to have good weather and dry roads for the drive home.

I'll post more details (and photos) early next week.

Whew!! What a time I had trying to order the 343 photos. I've used snapfish for several years and never had a problem. This time I couldn't complete the order. After a Live Chat, I had to install another browser:eek:. Anyway...photos are ordered and my After-Cruise Chores are complete...so tomorrow some photos will be posted (hopefully, that will go better than the ordering process!)

DH bought me TWO Dooney and Bourke handbags at the store in San Juan. What a great guy he is!! The Coach store was full of customers, but nothing on the shelves called my name...and then across the street is Dooney & Bourke. :)

Whew!! What a time I had trying to order the 343 photos. I've used snapfish for several years and never had a problem. This time I couldn't complete the order. After a Live Chat, I had to install another browser:eek:. Anyway...photos are ordered and my After-Cruise Chores are complete...so tomorrow some photos will be posted (hopefully, that will go better than the ordering process!)

DH bought me TWO Dooney and Bourke handbags at the store in San Juan. What a great guy he is!! The Coach store was full of customers, but nothing on the shelves called my name...and then across the street is Dooney & Bourke. :)

I like to have hard copies of my cruise pictures. I enjoy putting them in a album. It is part of the fun of a cruise. Your DH is wonderful to buy you not one but two bags. Enjoy them.

I am looking forward to seeing you photos. A lady that I know is going to take your ship this coming year. I am going to have to direct her to this thread to view your pics.