Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I was looking for a photo that would show the "fun" Dooney & Bourke shoulderbag. This photo was taken in St Maarten. The D&B isn't really showing...but it's a colorful cupcake print - and will become part of the Cruise Collection. When we were in the store, someone picked up this purse and said, "Who would buy THIS?" And of course, my answer was, "A CCF who loves happy colors!" ---

Either Cruise Critic or snapfish isn't working like it did. I can't get this photo to copy. You have to click on the address, I guess...hmmmmm...I'll try again.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv457%3A%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755475857244ot1lsi

Edited by indiana71

I tried copying from My Pictures...no luck:(. I'll try a couple more and the web address will come up. If you can click and see the photo, that will have to do until (or if) I can figure out

Anyway - the D&B shoulderbag has a pink background with pastel cupcakes.

I'm wearing my favorite Naot sandals.

Next photo: I'm holding the Naot's while wading in the beautiful Caribbean in St. Maarten. The shorts are WalMart and the top is Talbot's.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9346%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755475837244ot1lsi

Next photo: This is what I wore to dinner at Portofino. The dress pants are Talbot's (several cruises old) and the top is from Coldwater Creek.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3478%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755477%3A%3A%3C244ot1lsi

I tried copying from My Pictures...no luck:(. I'll try a couple more and the web address will come up. If you can click and see the photo, that will have to do until (or if) I can figure out

Anyway - the D&B shoulderbag has a pink background with pastel cupcakes.

I'm wearing my favorite Naot sandals.

Next photo: I'm holding the Naot's while wading in the beautiful Caribbean in St. Maarten. The shorts are WalMart and the top is Talbot's.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9346%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755475837244ot1lsi

Weather looks threatening but you look like you are having fun!

Next photo: This is what I wore to dinner at Portofino. The dress pants are Talbot's (several cruises old) and the top is from Coldwater Creek.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3478%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755477%3A%3A%3C244ot1lsi

I really like this outfit. The top has some interesting elements to it which I like. And your hair looks Fabulous!

Thank you CCFs for not minding the "click" to see a photo:)! What a great group you are.

Here's a photo (link) to the second Formal Night. Black satin pants and the top are from White House Black Market. One of our tablemates said the red flowers look like poinsettias...I didn't think of that when planning. The reason I'm not smiling must be because the end of the cruise is near and cold weather is ahead...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C74%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E275547895%3C244ot1lsi

Thank you CCFs for not minding the "click" to see a photo:)! What a great group you are.

Here's a photo (link) to the second Formal Night. Black satin pants and the top are from White House Black Market. One of our tablemates said the red flowers look like poinsettias...I didn't think of that when planning. The reason I'm not smiling must be because the end of the cruise is near and cold weather is ahead...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C74%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E275547895%3C244ot1lsi

I agree that the flowers do look like poinsettias. They give a great pop of color. Is the shawl satin also? I like the sheen - it matches the slacks so nicely.

SCRAPNANA: The shawl is silk. I love it! DH bought it for me 10 years ago, in New Orleans...and we're cruising out of New Orleans in April...maybe there will be time for a little shopping...

These 2 photos show most of the cosmetics I packed (not including items in the shower)...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv375%3A%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755477%3A%3B4244ot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3B49%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27554758%3A9244ot1lsi

...and these are the THREE items I used most of the time (not counting make-up removal products)

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7459%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2755477%3A%3B6244ot1lsi

I wouldn't stop packing all the things in Photo #1 and 2. I DID use them, but when we had busy port days, the Basic Three were my Go To items.

QUESTION: If you could choose only a couple cosmetics, what would they be?

Hey ladies! I've had so much fun reading through this thread and getting ideas! You all seem so nice, and have some great ideas and tips!

I just booked my second cruise today, and even though it's not for almost a year, I'm already getting excited thinking about outfits and what I want to pack. I'm a semi-fashionista, and a makeup collector. I prefer "collector" over "addict". ;)

Edited by ClassyGame

Hey ladies! I've had so much fun reading through this thread and getting ideas! You all seem so nice, and have some great ideas and tips!

I just booked my second cruise today, and even though it's not for almost a year, I'm already getting excited thinking about outfits and what I want to pack. I'm a semi-fashionista, and a makeup collector. I prefer "collector" over "addict". ;)

Welcome ClassyGame!

I booked another cruise yesterday. The one I have been planning for over 2 years is coming up in three weeks. I decided I needed to have something to look forward to when it was over (Why is it that time speeds up when you are on a cruise ship?:confused:).

You are definitely in the right place for all things cruise-fashionista. Be sure to take pictures (and share with us) of your planning and when you are cruising!

Edited by Scrapnana

CLASSYGAME: Another welcome! Keep reading this thread and you will be a Total Fashionista!! We learn from each other all the time.

We have two cruises booked in early 2014...nothing after that...yet.

The Cruise Room will be a Guest Room the weekend of January 11, so no Starting the Process until after our guests leave:rolleyes:

Welcome to the thread. There are so many nice CCF's here.:) There is a lot of info on the thread everything from packing to how many shoes to take!!

Welcome ClassyGame!

I booked another cruise yesterday. The one I have been planning for over 2 years is coming up in three weeks. I decided I needed to have something to look forward to when it was over (Why is it that time speeds up when you are on a cruise ship?:confused:).

You are definitely in the right place for all things cruise-fashionista. Be sure to take pictures (and share with us) of your planning and when you are cruising!

Thank you! And seriously!! Why does it take like 8 years for the cruise to get here, then it's over in about 5 hours?? ;)

CLASSYGAME: Another welcome! Keep reading this thread and you will be a Total Fashionista!! We learn from each other all the time.

We have two cruises booked in early 2014...nothing after that...yet.

The Cruise Room will be a Guest Room the weekend of January 11, so no Starting the Process until after our guests leave:rolleyes:

Thanks! So what you're saying is January 12th is when you're booking another cruise? ;) I love the whole idea of a cruise room! I need one of those!

Welcome to the thread. There are so many nice CCF's here.:) There is a lot of info on the thread everything from packing to how many shoes to take!!

Thank you! And I'll definitely need some shoe help eventually! :)

1 month til sailing and I think I'm ready! I think I could pack my bags now.... But along with buying way too much makeup and toiletry stuff in general, I've gone overboard with bathing suits! I keep finding them on sale. And I mean like 3.99 a piece sale (jcpenney). Only going for 5 days, but think I have purchased 5! Oops!

1 month til sailing and I think I'm ready! I think I could pack my bags now.... But along with buying way too much makeup and toiletry stuff in general, I've gone overboard with bathing suits! I keep finding them on sale. And I mean like 3.99 a piece sale (jcpenney). Only going for 5 days, but think I have purchased 5! Oops!

That's okay! You'll have a different suit each day.

They take up little space and are lightweight. Not a problem!:D

I have no idea what clothes I'm taking, so I don't have any pictures of those to share. Plus my cruise is super casual, so they wouldn't be that exciting anyway, haha.

Buuuuuut I did just buy a new pair of super cute sandals. I actually already have these exact ones, but I've pretty much worn the soles off of them. They're so comfortable! I lived in them this summer.

ImageUploadedByForums1387711160.484497.jpg.16803f7f3619eb82a2e2b0bcba1f0d94.jpg

The new pair was only $12.99 on eBay. I might have to go buy a third backup pair! :)

Hi ladies, I have been following this thread for quite awhile and really enjoy it! We are going on our first cruise in Feb and have a question about skinny khaki pants. I have a pair in a nice bright blue and just purchased a sleeveless top from Banana Republic that looks nice with them. Will it be too hot to wear skinny pants on one of the casual nights in the MDR? I've read that the MDR can be cool, so maybe I'd be ok? The rest of the nights I will be wearing dresses or skirts, but thought I'd wear skinny pants for one evening. Thanks!

Hi ladies, I have been following this thread for quite awhile and really enjoy it! We are going on our first cruise in Feb and have a question about skinny khaki pants. I have a pair in a nice bright blue and just purchased a sleeveless top from Banana Republic that looks nice with them. Will it be too hot to wear skinny pants on one of the casual nights in the MDR? I've read that the MDR can be cool, so maybe I'd be ok? The rest of the nights I will be wearing dresses or skirts, but thought I'd wear skinny pants for one evening. Thanks!

Welcome to this thread. The dining has AC and I all ways fine it cool(on the ships that I have been on). Enjoy your cruise.

PHEW!!!! Just got to end of page 62, will read on later, but can't thank you so much for starting this thread and posting pictures of your outfits.

Have so many ideas to take on board before my next cruise which will be a Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale from the UK in November 2014, with a post-cruise stay in Orlando of four days before flying back to the UK.My last cruise was in October on Freedom of the Seas on the Eastern Caribbean route. Of course some of the clothes I chose for that cruise didn't quite work out as planned.

This next cruise will need careful planning I can foresee.

Caroline

PHEW!!!! Just got to end of page 62, will read on later, but can't thank you so much for starting this thread and posting pictures of your outfits.

Have so many ideas to take on board before my next cruise which will be a Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale from the UK in November 2014, with a post-cruise stay in Orlando of four days before flying back to the UK.My last cruise was in October on Freedom of the Seas on the Eastern Caribbean route. Of course some of the clothes I chose for that cruise didn't quite work out as planned.

This next cruise will need careful planning I can foresee.

Caroline

That is a lot of reading! I know I had to do the same thing when I started posting on this thread. There are so many great hints on what to wear posted here.