Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Welcome! We are usually very helpful and supportive with only occasional discord!

Yes I can see! Everyone seems much more amiable on this thread then some of the others haha. Loving seeing the outfits and getting ideas for where to shop. I leave in 80 days on the petal and this thread is getting me motivated to pack!!!

Just found this thread and can't stop reading!!!

Welcome to the thread. Lots of great info here . I like your avatar of the helmet dive. I did that many year ago at Hartley's Underwater World in theBahamas. I came home and then got my C-card from PADI. I dove for about ten years.It all started with that helmet dive.

Welcome to the thread. Lots of great info here . I like your avatar of the helmet dive. I did that many year ago at Hartley's Underwater World in theBahamas. I came home and then got my C-card from PADI. I dove for about ten years.It all started with that helmet dive.

That was 7 years ago. My sons fifth birthday. He has been a fish ever since. He fell in love with the water

WELCOME new posters! It takes quite awhile to read EVERY page and EVERY post...but it's fun and informative. Call it a Learning Experience;).

DH had several gifts for me this morning. (We spend Christmas Day with our son, his family and other relatives... so Our Christmas is always Dec 26.) A month ago I showed him a short plaid coat, a couple pairs of costume jewelry earrings, and a cute little crossbody handbag with colored leather dots. He bought EVERYTHING!! What a guy!!! But that's not all...he booked a cruise in June, on Grandeur of the Seas:cool:. We will drive to Baltimore for a 7-Night Bahamas Cruise. Holy cow was I SURPRISED!!

I haven't even checked out the itinerary yet. That's next...

CLASSYGAME: Nice sandals!! They're neutral, go with all casual outfits. I can see why you wore out one pair!!

Edited by indiana71

WELCOME new posters! It takes quite awhile to read EVERY page and EVERY post...but it's fun and informative. Call it a Learning Experience;).

DH had several gifts for me this morning. (We spend Christmas Day with our son, his family and other relatives... so Our Christmas is always Dec 26.) A month ago I showed him a short plaid coat, a couple pairs of costume jewelry earrings, and a cute little crossbody handbag with colored leather dots. He bought EVERYTHING!! What a guy!!! But that's not all...he booked a cruise in June, on Grandeur of the Seas:cool:. We will drive to Baltimore for a 7-Night Bahamas Cruise. Holy cow was I SURPRISED!!

CLASSYGAME: Nice sandals!! They're neutral, go with all casual outfits. I can see why you wore out one pair!!

Great Christmas presents. Enjoy them all.

Daaaang, I need to find myself a nice man who will buy me cruises for Christmas! You're a lucky lady, Indiana! :)

They're seriously my holy grail of sandals. I wear mainly gold accessories, so I could probably get away with bringing those sandals and no other shoes on my cruise! They're THAT comfy! I'll probably bring my Toms just in case, though.

I think Talbots offers some fun options for casual skirts. The one below is currently on sale (I own this skirt in white denim and it's versatile and comfortable):

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi31196&rootCategory=cat90030&catId=cat80016&sortKey=Default&section=Sale&conceptIdUnderSale=cat90030

Mid-summer, I bought two cute somewhat short lined cotton skirts from Talbots that are each nautical in motif. Plan to wear them on my upcoming cruise to the Eastern Med in addition to shorts.

http://mallimages.mallfinder.com/sales/392/talbots35.jpg

The grandeur is my favorite ship!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!!

I think Talbots offers some fun options for casual skirts. The one below is currently on sale (I own this skirt in white denim and it's versatile and comfortable):

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi31196&rootCategory=cat90030&catId=cat80016&sortKey=Default&section=Sale&conceptIdUnderSale=cat90030

Mid-summer, I bought two cute somewhat short lined cotton skirts from Talbots that are each nautical in motif. Plan to wear them on my upcoming cruise to the Eastern Med in addition to shorts.

http://mallimages.mallfinder.com/sales/392/talbots35.jpg

I enjoyed visiting the site for Talbots. Thanks for your reply.

Sharon

This thread has been quiet the pass week. Being we had lots of snow this pass couple of days I am thinking of the warm weather that I am heading to on Mon. I packed some material to sew over the rest of the winter. Once settled in, I am going to try to learn how to post pictures.

I hope all of our CCF's are well.

This thread has been quiet the pass week. Being we had lots of snow this pass couple of days I am thinking of the warm weather that I am heading to on Mon. I packed some material to sew over the rest of the winter. Once settled in, I am going to try to learn how to post pictures.

I hope all of our CCF's are well.

When you are ready to practice posting pictures, be sure to read through this thread. It has lots of good advice and "pierces" is a fantastic photographer and will help you with any problems you might have posting.

Enjoy the warm weather!

When you are ready to practice posting pictures, be sure to read through this thread. It has lots of good advice and "pierces" is a fantastic photographer and will help you with any problems you might have posting.

Enjoy the warm weather!

Thank you so much. The other day I read some where on CC (I think it was on the fashion board) on how to post a picture from your computer without having to use an outside photo site. I said to my self I will read that again. But now I can't find it. The link you gave me will help. Thank you.

Just coming back on. Took a break since my June cruise. My next one is Feb 2 out of Miami. I'm already in Florida. It was so hard to pack. Lots of clothes were left here in Nov. but had to then pack

cruise clothes that are so different from my everyday clothes. I still have my hanging shelf and I plan to use it again this trip as worked so well on last. I haven't really bought any new clothes for this trip except a couple of 3 quarter sleeve shirts. It's cool right now in Florida so I'll use here.

I'll add my two cents to the lipstick question. My mom always told me the older I get, the more I'd use lipstick. Boy was she right. Even without makeup, lipstick brightens your face and makes you look more alert and healthy. For everyday a slightly deeper color than your natural lips. For a quick makeup tip, your blush can be brushed across your eyelids for a natural brightner. It's easy and very quick! I'm 62, I'd like to think I don't look my age:)

[ATTACH]2976pp44[/ATTACH]

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

ImageUploadedByForums1388905287.430654.jpg.9960f107e4d39d6a56dfc49ebdbefe22.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1388905475.231808.jpg.fa5cd80a81255840d341374f571d9436.jpg

Is the posting procedure different for everyone...or just me??:confused: I can no longer select Font, Size, Color and start typing with those choices. Instead, all the "techno jumble" appears, and typing is in the center of all of it....

AND I haven't tried to post a photo since the link appeared and no photo...so thank you SCRAPNANA for the reference (although the steps listed are what I have always done...) Again, my low tech knowledge is showing...

Anyway - all evidence of the past holidays is gone, put away till it's needed again. AND, I haven't been reading threads because of a New Year's Resolution I was determined to keep this year: to take time to look at all the photo albums from my childhood, take out the pictures that are really meaningful and dispose of the rest (that was the hard part!) and put them in a photo album that will keep them for many years. The old albums had loose pages, photos falling out.

It took only 3 days to complete! Ironically, I've thought about that project for at least a year:rolleyes:

This time next week, The Packing Process will begin:cool:. DS and his family will no longer occupy the guests rooms. With the record cold temps predicted for the next couple days, I look forward to hanging out in the Cruise Room, listening to Steel Drum music...and possibly sipping a nice adult beverage, (hint to DH!) and posting at least a photo or 2 of potential outfits.

Edited by indiana71

Stuck here in the frozen tundra for another couple of days. My flight to Florida was canceled this AM. I had to go but some food since there was nothing let in the house. And I do mean nothing. The car is being shipped this morning to Florida. I hope our next flight does not get canceled.

Stuck here in the frozen tundra for another couple of days. My flight to Florida was canceled this AM. I had to go but some food since there was nothing let in the house. And I do mean nothing. The car is being shipped this morning to Florida. I hope our next flight does not get canceled.

Where was your cancelled flight out of? I was relieved to see that my DB's flight made it out of Montreal only half an hour late this morning.

How disappointing for you.

Where was your cancelled flight out of? I was relieved to see that my DB's flight made it out of Montreal only half an hour late this morning.

How disappointing for you.

Rochester NY. I am happy that your daughter made it out. Our weather was OK this AM. We had a AM flight, but I guess there was no plane to take us. They may have been stuck in another city and could not get out.

I have the winter blues....my cruise sails in 68 days. Reading all of your wonderful posts are perking me right up :-)

With a wind chill factor of minus 40, this is pretty much my current fashion statement.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Mix14QbF31cvL704JOuI4bePQFDyoKqeQv1tYCKmsO0MMLMz