Not live from the Oosterdam

cruz chic

Hi Everybody!

Just checking in with cheap internet from the pier in Puerto Vallarta. I´m not likely to check back in on this thread unless I find a cheap place. Just wanted to make some comments about the Oosterdam. I´d heard negative reports about the ship and I just want to say I have found everything to be great so far. I have the best cabin stewards. The service was painfully slow in the MDR on the first day but it´s been excellent ever since. I´m enjoying my first cruise as a 4 star mariner:D:).

Hi Everybody!

Just checking in with cheap internet from the pier in Puerto Vallarta. I´m not likely to check back in on this thread unless I find a cheap place. Just wanted to make some comments about the Oosterdam. I´d heard negative reports about the ship and I just want to say I have found everything to be great so far. I have the best cabin stewards. The service was painfully slow in the MDR on the first day but it´s been excellent ever since. I´m enjoying my first cruise as a 4 star mariner:D:).

I appreciate your taking the time during your stop there in PV to let us know your findings!!

Good to hear our ship is in good condition, unlike previous reports/reviews have stated.

Thank you so much!! NOW GO ENJOY THE PORT!!!:)

Joanie

I appreciate your taking the time during your stop there in PV to let us know your findings!!

Good to hear our ship is in good condition, unlike previous reports/reviews have stated.

Thank you so much!! NOW GO ENJOY THE PORT!!!:)

Joanie

I´ve enjoyed the port. Spent the day at a resort and got a manicure. It was great but the food sucked. Looking forward to the yummy food on the ship:). Gotta get back for early sitting.

How many baubles did you buy? Good to see your post as I was wondering if you were having a good cruise. Have you met up with Pinacle Girl?

You know me all too well. Spent PLENTY today in Mazatlan. Managed to find cheap but uber slow internet. I've got Cabo tomorrow so it will be expensive again! I have met Pinnacle Girl and DH and have spent a bit of time together. They are 3 doors down from me. We are going to the Pinnacle on Friday to avoid the MCD.

You know me all too well. Spent PLENTY today in Mazatlan. Managed to find cheap but uber slow internet. I've got Cabo tomorrow so it will be expensive again! I have met Pinnacle Girl and DH and have spent a bit of time together. They are 3 doors down from me. We are going to the Pinnacle on Friday to avoid the MCD.

The Pinnacle----oh I am envious---say "hi" to them for me. They were looking at the Zuiderdam for August and I am hoping they still are considering it.

It's freezing here---enjoy your heat. Do I sound bitter?;)

The Pinnacle----oh I am envious---say "hi" to them for me. They were looking at the Zuiderdam for August and I am hoping they still are considering it.

It's freezing here---enjoy your heat. Do I sound bitter?;)

It's -18 in Calgary today. I can't deal with that. Thank goodness I don't have to. About to be booted out here.

We board on Sat and I was wondering what the temps were on the ship and on shore? I am in the final phase of packing and if I don't need any extra clothes everything might fit into my suitcases :rolleyes: I hope!!

Enjoy your cruise..I can't wait till Sat!

We board on Sat and I was wondering what the temps were on the ship and on shore? I am in the final phase of packing and if I don't need any extra clothes everything might fit into my suitcases :rolleyes: I hope!!

We are boarding Sat too!!! Stop by the Role Call and say hello...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1325580

We also have a Facebook link there too.

Nice to hear all is well on the Oosterdam. We also took an upgrade offer!!!! WHHOOOO OHHHH!

I have not told the DW about the upgrade. She is going to be in for a big surprise!

The Oosterdam tends to be a cold ship in my opinion...and I generally tend to be warm. It's nice in Cabo today....probably the nicest it's been. I'm guessing low 80's. We had fog and rain early in the morning in Mazatlan but it burned off early in the day. Puerto Vallarta was nice but it was foggy for a time. Both Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were on the cool side. That said, it's much better then home.

I don't want to come home:mad:.

The Oosterdam tends to be a cold ship in my opinion...and I generally tend to be warm. It's nice in Cabo today....probably the nicest it's been. I'm guessing low 80's. We had fog and rain early in the morning in Mazatlan but it burned off early in the day. Puerto Vallarta was nice but it was foggy for a time. Both Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were on the cool side. That said, it's much better then home.

I don't want to come home:mad:.

I really can't blame you one little bit - your weather on your cruise has been a lot better than ours up here :):) enjoy it while it lasts :D

I really can't blame you one little bit - your weather on your cruise has been a lot better than ours up here :):) enjoy it while it lasts :D

I just checked the weather in Calgary. It's -20 with ice crystals. It's not supposed to be any better next week. I'm so done with this weather. That's it, I'm NOT coming back. Whoever is in my cabin next week is going to have to share with me:D.

Thank you for the info. I will need to pack warmer clothes then. I looked at the weather and it said mid 70's. Some ships seem cold and it's nice to know ahead of time.

Two more days and we switch with you.....

Thank you for the info. I will need to pack warmer clothes then. I looked at the weather and it said mid 70's. Some ships seem cold and it's nice to know ahead of time.

Two more days and we switch with you.....

I've decided it's too cold at home so I'm not leaving ;):D. Try and find me.

Can someone please tell me if the Oosterdam has a self-service laundry? We are sailing in April and would like to be able to pack even lighter thus the need for one.

Thank you.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - September 2009 - Westerdam

Alaska - September 2010 - Rotterdam

Archived