dining room dress code

I have looked and looked and looked on rccls main page and these forums for answers but cant find any. i know about the elegant night on whats allowed (i have a dress for that) and im good with the smart casual with a nice pair of dress pants and a blouse but for casual nights. are jeans ok to wear in the main dining room on casual nights?

I have looked and looked and looked on rccls main page and these forums for answers but cant find any. i know about the elegant night on whats allowed (i have a dress for that) and im good with the smart casual with a nice pair of dress pants and a blouse but for casual nights. are jeans ok to wear in the main dining room on casual nights?

:cool:There is nothing in RCCL's suggested dress code which says that jeans cannot be worn on casual nights:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

i tried searching under all sorts of things...never thought of just typing in jeans. i know i can wear them on carnival in the mdr but wasn't sure on royal caribbean...its my first cruise on them in april. but thanks for the quick replies

Jeans are not really the typical attire for the dining room, but you'll be allowed to wear them, and won't be the only one in jeans, if that's what you want to wear.

I hadn't cruised on RCI for several years .

I've seen more shorts in the dinning room at dinner on my recent Radiance cruise than I've ever seen on any cruise line, ever , even CCL.

Sure the rules are in place by RCI , but no enforcement on this ship.

nice jeans (without the holes) are just fine on RCI casual nights .

I am fairly certain you will be admitted into the dining room wearing pretty much anything. It seems like when people are asked to change, they resist and refuse to comply. I think the dining room staff has just given up. I think I even read a post where someone came into the dining room wearing a bathing suit.

That said, based on what I have seen most people to try and abide by the dress code set for each evening.

People seem to ask the question "What can I get away with?" more often than "What is appropriate and within the published guidelines?"

This has nothing to do with the OP and the question regarding jeans. I think jeans can actually be quite dressy these days. Just a general observation.

*IF* you see me in the MDR, then it will be in jeans. It's my vacation and I paid enough money for it that I should be able to dress what I'm comfortable in. I shouldn't be expected to put on a show for others because they like playing dress-up.

I would not wear a t-shirt into the MDR, but jeans and a polo is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned!

I said it on another thread: Times have changed and attitudes need to change as well. There are people on these boards who long for the "Golden Age" of cruising, which is long gone now. Jeans are perfectly acceptable if that is how you wish to dress. We prefer to dress up, but that is our personal preference and we do not in any way pass judgment on others who chose to dress how they like. Dress for yourself and enjoy YOUR vacation.

*IF* you see me in the MDR, then it will be in jeans. It's my vacation and I paid enough money for it that I should be able to dress what I'm comfortable in. I shouldn't be expected to put on a show for others because they like playing dress-up.

I would not wear a t-shirt into the MDR, but jeans and a polo is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned!

Since it is "everyones" vacation should they be able to choose their preferred mode of dress? where is the line drawn..how about a negligee...maybe the woman who wears one to the MDR wants to hop in the sack directly after dessert? so who should tell her she can't wear what she is comfortable in since she paid for her vacation just like the rest of us did?

Since it is "everyones" vacation should they be able to choose their preferred mode of dress? where is the line drawn..how about a negligee...maybe the woman who wears one to the MDR wants to hop in the sack directly after dessert? so who should tell her she can't wear what she is comfortable in since she paid for her vacation just like the rest of us did?

I think you are on to something! Negligee night in the MDR!:cool:

i understand both points. yes its my vacation and i should wear what i want..but thats what the lido restaurant is for. im all for being in compliance and going by the rules. on elegant night, i wont be wearing jeans, but on casual nights i wouldnt see a problem with a nice top and a decent pair of jeans. i wouldnt wear things with holes in them anyway lol

The RCL website has the dress code.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport

I'm sorry but what is your point

There are three distinct types of evening on board: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

The fact they are suggested means they are non enforcable much is the pity, I prefare dessing for dinner wether its on board ship or staying in a hotel its part of the holiday unfortunately other people don't. Which is why we always book a table for 2 and enjoy each others company.

Archived