Bad coffee pods in suites, etc.

pandi77

I have been reading all the threads I can find regarding coffee in suites and it appears there's some sort of issue with the type of coffee maker and the cups that go with it not matching? I haven't figured it out yet and that probably is because i'm not familiar with these coffee pods but am wanting to make sure we have great coffee on our cruise in a couple of weeks. Is it an issue with the coffee singles or the coffee cups?

We leave on the Radiance in a GS and will bring our own coffee singles if needed..can anyone give a confirmation on the coffee maker and it's quality/issues we've read on the forum? If it is a good coffee pod but needs a missing matching piece can we bring it? Is the coffee pod good and should we even bother bringing our own seperate coffee singles?

Thanks

I am not opposed to ordering coffee through room service but am hesitant based on some prior threads. Some say it's not very good and they brought their own to use in the suite's coffee maker? I would like to make sure that if we bother bringing coffee that the coffee maker is compatible or if it'a one of those single serving gimmicks. If it's a single server i';ve read there's an issue with the cups matching the maker? Not sure just wanting clairfication and/or opinions so we know what to bring (if anything).

We don't plan on bringing a coffee maker but if the "coffee pods" need the matching cups or beter coffee pod refills whatever...we may be able to do that.

The coffee maker is a single cup maker, but the Seattle's Best coffee packet they give you is traditionally the size you would use for a 4 cup coffee maker. I still am puzzled why they haven't figured this out yet.

We bring our own coffee single pods, or in a pinch, I slit the Seattle's coffee pod and dump out some of the coffee, otherwise it's so strong you could stand a spoon in it.

We do order room service coffee, but I have found it takes too long to arrive so this does the trick til Room Service arrives. :)

We're sailing in a few weeks in a RFS so will see first hand what's up with the coffee makers. I've said it before-if the coffee provided doesn't fit into the coffee maker I'm going to take the coffee and the coffee maker to the purser's desk and ask them to please show me how to make coffee! Then I will ask to speak to the head of housekeeping about this.

The coffee makers have been in suites for almost a year now and still the wrong coffee is provided. No excuse for this. One room steward told a passenger when asked about it that they had a large supply of the larger coffee pods and needed to use them before they could order the correct pods. HUH?? That makes no sense at all.

But the good news is you should have a tea kettle to boil water so if you bring your own coffee singles or Starbucks Via you can still make your coffee.

We're sailing in a few weeks in a RFS so will see first hand what's up with the coffee makers. I've said it before-if the coffee provided doesn't fit into the coffee maker I'm going to take the coffee and the coffee maker to the purser's desk and ask them to please show me how to make coffee! Then I will ask to speak to the head of housekeeping about this.

The coffee makers have been in suites for almost a year now and still the wrong coffee is provided. No excuse for this. One room steward told a passenger when asked about it that they had a large supply of the larger coffee pods and needed to use them before they could order the correct pods. HUH?? That makes no sense at all.

But the good news is you should have a tea kettle to boil water so if you bring your own coffee singles or Starbucks Via you can still make your coffee.

The ensuite coffee service in both JS and full suites has been in place since 2009 and they still haven't realized that the pods are the wrong size. :( They are pods that have a glass pot that holds 4-6 cups.

I sent an email to Mr. Goldstein last September about the problem and got a response that they would look into the situation.:rolleyes:

We have found that on some ships you get the one cup coffee maker and on some ships you get the 2-cup coffee maker with glass pot. But all ships have the electric tea kettle which works quite well with Coffee Singles.

This is just silly that they haven't fixed this issue! But it sounds like it may be possible to buy the correct size of coffee pouches to place in the coffee pods in the cabin? Does anyone have a guess at the size needed? It sounds like it's a Seattle's best coffee pod for single cups but the coffee pouches are for 4 cups making jet fuel type coffee? I will look into buying some single coffee pouches for it if available...

Yes, simple enough but to do that I have to get dressed, do my hair and makeup and be ready to face the world. I like to have my first cup of coffee as soon as I get out of bed. And believe me you do not want to see me out in the hallways before I get myself together.

And yes I know I can order room service coffee but I never know what time I'm going to wake up and if you wait to order it by phone in the morning you have to wait for it.

It's the principle of the whole thing-advertise as a suite perk that you have coffee/tea service then give us the proper coffee so we can use the pot.

I second the suggestion about the CL ::)

If your in a suite aboard the Radiance , forget the silly little 1 cup coffee maker in the cabin , and walk over to the Concierge Lounge for coffee , 24 hours a day. They have take away cups/lids , just for that purpose.

Since all suites are on deck 10 ,as is the CL currently is , it's so easy.;)

I second the suggestion about the CL ::)

If your in a suite aboard the Radiance , forget the silly little 1 cup coffee maker in the cabin , and walk over to the Concierge Lounge for coffee , 24 hours a day. They have take away cups/lids , just for that purpose.

Since all suites are on deck 10 ,as is the CL currently is , it's so easy.;)

The CL on Radiance is being relocated, while she is in dry dock, to Deck 13 and will occupy the space that currently houses the Hollywood Odyssey. A Diamond Lounge is also being installed right across the way and will occupy space in the Viking Crown Lounge.

So, it won't be so easy after June 10th.

We just got off the Jewel Monday, our suite had a small coffee pot that looked like a single or 2 cup. The pods did look a little large for such a small pot. I didn't even try to make any, went and made a Latte almost daily in the Concierge Lounge or went to Lattitudes for a Mocha.

The coffee in Windjammer has definitely improved over the last few years. I still think the dining room has the best but it could be complimenting a massive dinner or dessert I just ate too. :D

Coffee makers in JS and above will be great. Now if they can just add a crossant oven there will be peace on earth.

On our cruises wifey needs her coffee when she decides to wake up, not when pre-arranged room service shows up, or callng for room service and waiting.

I usually get kicked out of bed by she who must be obeyed to trundle up to the WJ with the ice bucket tray to get coffee & croissants to enjoy on the balcony.

Hope they get the coffee packet/cup size straightened out.

Coffee makers in JS and above will be great. Now if they can just add a crossant oven there will be peace on earth.

On our cruises wifey needs her coffee when she decides to wake up, not when pre-arranged room service shows up, or callng for room service and waiting.

I usually get kicked out of bed by she who must be obeyed to trundle up to the WJ with the ice bucket tray to get coffee & croissants to enjoy on the balcony.

Hope they get the coffee packet/cup size straightened out.

You're a good man...lol. My husband will be doing the same if we end up going to the CL as we're in cabin 1600 starboard corner aft so it will be a little further than most of the GS cabins...lol.

We may bring some of those new Starbucks Via packets and give them a whirl. I'd really prefer not to have to walk more than a few steps for my coffee first thing :-)

We've sailed on Navigator, Mariner, Liberty and Oasis - we've always had a single cup coffee maker with the Seattle's Best single coffee pods - no problems - never too strong. My husband loves his coffee and is always asking room steward for lots and lots of coffee pods.

We've sailed on Navigator, Mariner, Liberty and Oasis - we've always had a single cup coffee maker with the Seattle's Best single coffee pods - no problems - never too strong. My husband loves his coffee and is always asking room steward for lots and lots of coffee pods.

Gee, it would be nice if all of the ships could have the correct coffee pods.:(

When they address the Radiance that will be wonderful as none of those ship are what we will be on in a few weeks :-(

I'm sure there are several issues that vary from one ship to another but we will be taking what Radiance has to offer good or bad! A cruise with bad coffee is still better than work with Starbucks...lol

On our last Radiance cruise (Jan 13th) we had a coffee maker in the room and expereinced the "4 cups of coffee grounds in a 2 cup pot" fiasco. In addition, the drip system also leaked all over the desk area.

Our solution was to to simply go back to using room service. ;)

The ensuite coffee service in both JS and full suites has been in place since 2009 and they still haven't realized that the pods are the wrong size. :( They are pods that have a glass pot that holds 4-6 cups.

I sent an email to Mr. Goldstein last September about the problem and got a response that they would look into the situation.:rolleyes:

We have found that on some ships you get the one cup coffee maker and on some ships you get the 2-cup coffee maker with glass pot. But all ships have the electric tea kettle which works quite well with Coffee Singles.

I have picked Patti and Jim.........and they have a great understanding of the problem........but I also want to acknowledge everyone else that has experienced this problem.

Royal Caribbean has had this problem for several years......and complaints about the difference between the coffee makers, and the size of the pre made coffee in the filters..........and yes, for years, it's been a cup pot, with a 4 cup coffee filled filter.

I'm amazed at the ineptness (is that a word?) of Royal Caribbean in regards to coffee in the suites and mini suites.

The best hotels would not do what RCCL is doing about their best suites, hence their best customer..in treating them in this fashion. And, yet, it's been done for years! Did they buy a coffee company and just think that they could put a 4 cup coffee filled filter into a one cup machine........as they have continued to do.

So, RCCl, why would you make lemons out of......what could be lemonade??

Maybe Goldstien needs a rod to be able to get out of bed in the morning....but for the rest of us.......just make it "regular"!

Thanks

Rick

PS......I have never touched coffee........and am a tea drinker. So this is written for my DW.;)

This thread makes realize that while we had JS on the Allure, there was no coffee maker. Obviously I didn’t miss it all week and quite frankly, never realized it was missing until seeing this thread and recalling other JS cabins.

We have NEVER made coffee in any cabin so I can’t comment on the suggested mismatch between coffee makers and the coffee pouches.

So – are coffee pots still supposed to be in JS on the Allure and did our go AWOL or have they taken them out of the Allure JS cabins?

Thanks,

M

Ps – we do the room service call for coffee if we can’t wait until breakfast.

This thread makes realize that while we had JS on the Allure, there was no coffee maker. Obviously I didn’t miss it all week and quite frankly, never realized it was missing until seeing this thread and recalling other JS cabins.

We have NEVER made coffee in any cabin so I can’t comment on the suggested mismatch between coffee makers and the coffee pouches.

So – are coffee pots still supposed to be in JS on the Allure and did our go AWOL or have they taken them out of the Allure JS cabins?

Thanks,

M

Ps – we do the room service call for coffee if we can’t wait until breakfast.

Yes, you should have some type of coffee maker plus an electric tea kettle, two ceramic mugs, 2 teaspoons, a container with tea bags, sugar and liquid creamers.............and the wrong coffee pods.

Now, you can make a small slit in the pod..........discard half the grounds and then it should work fine.

Yes, you should have some type of coffee maker plus an electric tea kettle, two ceramic mugs, 2 teaspoons, a container with tea bags, sugar and liquid creamers.............and the wrong coffee pods.

Now, you can make a small slit in the pod..........discard half the grounds and then it should work fine.

Thanks -

M

I too am one of "those" people who likes to have her coffee as soon as my eyes open...and since I never know for sure what time that will be pre-ordering with room service usually doesn't work...if I order it for 8 I'm awake at 7..if I order if for 7 that will be the one morning I am sound asleep...so for me using the Via packets works out well...I get my caffiene boost while getting dressed & am somewhat co-heirent when room service arrives with my coffee...juice & pastries...:D

Archived