Goldstein---Fix Your Company Web Site.

JKrise

I think the title pretty much sums it up.

And if by chance Mr. Goldstein happens to read this...I challenge you to search the C.C. Royal Caribbean Message board and get a sense for the fondness of the new web site.

Every time I log in I click the "X" box to save my log in info.

The system never saves it.

Next time I have to log in again.

Why does the system taunt me with hopes of saving my info?

If it is not going to save it then please don't have it tell me it will.

I have tried several times to use the web site and just walked away frustrated. It is easier to use other sites to get the information I need. Sometimes I feel like the Royal site just doesn't want us to use it to book cruises. OP is right. It does not save information.

I was looking for a 7 day cruise yesterday, for this summer, in the Med. I finally gave up. When I would ask it to sort by the number of days and balcony prices, it just didn't seem to be able to do it. Press balcony and you lose your "by number of days" selection. Also. I hate being assigned a cabin without being given a choice - unless I ask for one. If I wanted to upgrade, I would start in that category. For now I've given up looking. Maybe by next week they will work out the kinks. (or not)

This is a familiar thread, as OP pointed out. Who knows, in this economy maybe a relative needed a job. (sorry if I'm cynical, it's the Chicago way of hiring)

We had trouble with the system too. We got the e-mail telling us our cruise documents were ready, however when we went onto the web page to download them we got a message letting us know that we had chosen to receive our docs electronically, however they are not yet ready and we will receive an e-mail when they are ready. Funny, I already got that e-mail. We also had trouble with the online payment system. Whenever we attempted to make an online payment, it let us put all of our information in, however when we clicked submit, it booted us out and gave us a message indicating that our session had timed out due to inactivity. When I talked to customer service they said that rarely works to make a payment and that we should always call to make payments. You would think that if someone knows they have these problems they would fix them. Never used to have these problems, I hope that they get their system fixed.

Mike

I agree. I really don't like the new reservations/search function. It takes much longer to search the options and the upgrade pop-up is aggravating. The cabin choices are too limited and separated; in the old system you could see all categories and prices on the same page.

It was nice to have all the information right there in front of you on the SAME PAGE. Then, after you selected the category, the available rooms appeared, WITHOUT SELECTING ONE FOR YOU!

Question: Why can't I ever seem to find a lower priced category cabin that has a connecting stateroom? I always have to go up several categories?????

Dorothy

I agree. I really don't like the new reservations/search function. It takes much longer to search the options and the upgrade pop-up is aggravating. The cabin choices are too limited and separated; in the old system you could see all categories and prices on the same page.

It was nice to have all the information right there in front of you on the SAME PAGE. Then, after you selected the category, the available rooms appeared, WITHOUT SELECTING ONE FOR YOU!

Question: Why can't I ever seem to find a lower priced category cabin that has a connecting stateroom? I always have to go up several categories?????

Dorothy

They haven't changed their deckplans, it has always been that way. I'm sure they do this on purpose so that if you really need a connecting stateroom, you have to pay more for it.

It truly is a terrible website. Making shore excursion reservations was very frustrating. My dinner reservations still do not show up on my page. It locked up during online check-in and would not advance me to the next page. When I called the 800 number for help, I found that the agent knows very well what a mess their website is. :mad:

Completely agree! The most aggravating thing for me is if I go into a reservation to change a stateroom number, it tells me my session has timed out, or that it is locked as it's being updated. Well, ya sort of....I tried but the darn site locked me out!!! As a result, I have to call directly to make the change which as we know actually costs RCCL more.

PLEASE SOMEONE AT RCCL TAKE THESE COMMENTS TO MR. GOLDSTEIN!

I have been using the new site regularly since it changed over. There are still some things I don't like. The pop-ups probably annoy me the most. I also don't like how they assign you a room and then you have to click again to get more rooms. Too much extra clicking is needed to get where you want to go.

I wish you could do a room search without having to be in the exact category you are searching for.

I made a reservation for dining the other day that I had to cancel, and nothing I did would let me cancel it (I have done this before on the old site). I would get to the final step and then it would just revert to the starting point. I finally had to call and talk to a rep.

I find it difficult in general to navigate the 'before you board' stuff.

Every so often it seems like I have all my cruise choice parameters in, and then I click and it suddenly reverts back to the start.

There is another site I use that is much faster and clearly shows the rooms available (last category I looked at, 18 available rooms came up). It is also just generally faster. Why don't they copy that site?

The newness has worn off, but the site still seems so slow and cumbersome to me.

We had trouble with the system too. We got the e-mail telling us our cruise documents were ready, however when we went onto the web page to download them we got a message letting us know that we had chosen to receive our docs electronically, however they are not yet ready and we will receive an e-mail when they are ready. Funny, I already got that e-mail. We also had trouble with the online payment system. Whenever we attempted to make an online payment, it let us put all of our information in, however when we clicked submit, it booted us out and gave us a message indicating that our session had timed out due to inactivity. When I talked to customer service they said that rarely works to make a payment and that we should always call to make payments. You would think that if someone knows they have these problems they would fix them. Never used to have these problems, I hope that they get their system fixed.

Mike

This happens to me all the time. I usually exit the browser, clear cookies, and try again.

I'm guessing that they spent a lot of effort trying to make the website unusable by the automated price checking sites, that they lost sight of the fact that regular people might also want to use it.

Whilst I agree that the website could certainly be improved, and has not achieved all that we the passenger would like, I doubt that the abruptness of your thread title will gain any sympathy from anyone in the Miami HO.

I think the title pretty much sums it up.

That sounds like a browser setting is wrong on your computer. Do you have any other browser such as Firefox, or Google Chrome. If you are using IE there is a setting to not allow your system to save cookies. This information about you is stored in a browser cookie. Some people think browser cookies are all evil and block them.

Their website does some odd stuff at times, but it mainly has improved over the last year or so. (mostly) Though some might not like the new feel, information from prior cruises does appear much faster now. This weekend, I did have a hiccup, I did my online checkup and was filling out pages of information. When I hit SAVE, the website said it was unavailable. Fortunately when I went back my info was there and I didn't have to re-enter it.

It is taunting me too:) It doesn't save my info either.

It is taunting me too:) It doesn't save my info either.

It hates me too Trainman! As much as I am on that goofy website, it doesn't remember me either! Please RCCL, give us old fogeys a website that works for us! Even Mr Goldstein will be old oneday :-) !

Goldstein really needs to turn up the heat on the IT department and get the web site fixed. In the mean time, he could have them bring back the old web site design while the necessary adjustments are made.

By the way, RCI IT dept...ever heard of Beta testing?

I was looking for a cruise today on the UK version, when i asked for the prices the next page said We cannot take bookings from your country at the current time !!! please search for a TA here .... :( whats the point of having a website with prices if you cannot get the prices ?

How about this one, RCI?

I keep trying to book an excursion for our upcoming cruise and CANT!....It keeps asking me TWICE for each of us if we are over the 265 lb limit!....once if we are over 250 lbs each and once if we are over 265 lbs!!!! So the stupid software wont let me answer both questions and move on to the credit card info.

Too bad, so sad. I am so frustrated that I gave up trying every day for the last 2 weeks...and I am done.

We are just not going...it was way overpriced anyway and now out of principle I dont want to go or pay them my $$$.

GGGGRrrrrrrr!:mad:

I agree...the new web site is horrible! I consider myself pretty computer savvy and I can't even get through all the hoops! I've totally given up on trying to make a payment online...it's not worth the hassle. They really need to get this sorted out before they start losing business because of it. :mad:

Archived