The New Show - British Invasion I believe it is

winncruiser

Does anyone know which ships have the new "British Invasion" production show? I'll be on The Caribbean Princess on the 6th of March and wondering which shows will be onboard.
Hi, I am on the same cruise. Unfortunately, I don't think the British Invasion is on the Caribbean Princess. I was hoping to see it. We have a great roll call going for this cruise. Why don't you pop in and meet everyone. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1172694

We saw the show on the Star Princess, we thought it was a good one. Finally! A new show.:D

We were told by a very reliable person, the bartender at Crooners, that the show was only on the original Grand Class ships. So that would leave the Caribbean out. Hopefully, soon, it will be expanded to the other ships.

There was a feature about the "British Invasion" show in the Spring 2011 edition of Captain's Circle Magazine. The production "debuted on the Grand Princess last July and has since been installed on four additional vessels." No mention of when or whether the show would eventually be launched fleetwide.

Chris

We saw it on the Grand ! B I is a very good show. It is a very colorful show, however (there's always a however isn't there) the volume was cranked so high we had to leave after about ten minutes. Most passengers did not mind the sound but it bothered my wife greatly. Not knocking the show, just the sound !

when do you get these emails?

Shortly before the cruise, you'll receive a series of (four, I think) emails. They introduce the captain and the maitre d' and so forth. The last email, which comes approximately two weeks before sailing, is the entertainment email and that will tell you what production shows will be on your cruise, as well as the names of the solo performers. I believe that the emails are also accessible through the Personalizer, should you accidentally delete them from your inbox or if they don't show up for some reason.

We saw it on the Grand ! B I is a very good show. It is a very colorful show, however (there's always a however isn't there) the volume was cranked so high we had to leave after about ten minutes. Most passengers did not mind the sound but it bothered my wife greatly. Not knocking the show, just the sound !

Princess's motto is "the louder the better". We never go to any production show without our earplugs or in a pinch, some tissue. Someone recently measured it with a sound level meter & it was over the level allowed by OSHA in the US for continuous noise.

My son's a musician who plays this show. Currently it's on the 3 grand class ships (Golden, Grand, and I forget the third in that class) and also on the Sea Princess. I don't know if Princess has plans to expand where this show is offered-at the price of internet when we talk to him, I haven't asked him yet.

What is this show 'The British Invasion'???

And also, how long have Princess been sending emails regarding the entertainment programme?

We sailed on Sea Princess during Easter 2010 and know nothing of this 'fantastic' show everyone seems to be raving about or about emails informing us of the entertainment.

Sailing on Caribbean Princess 17th April - 1st May 2011 and VERY excited!!:D

Saw the show on Golden in January. Very very entertaining, but as a Brit who has been to the Cavern and interviewed the Beatles and a number of other of the acts featured I felt it lacked the rawness that younger singers provide. But I understand the produced has to work with the available talent - and it was good talent - on board so there must be compromises.

Archived