All things Dream!

a3593

(Thank you to prcrum for the posting pictures lesson!)

Aft pool...

36405_1513334639218_7545506_n.jpg

Aft pool bar and seating area (Tandoori and Deli (or was it pizza??/) are also in this area)

36405_1513337159281_4878490_n.jpg

When me and my mom first saw the flowers, we thought they were real...lol It took us a few minutes to realize they were fake. This is coming from a family who owns a landscaping business :o

Thanks for all the great info on this thread. Counting down the days!

Going on the Dream in December with my husband, sister-in-law, oldest daughter, and youngest daughter and her husband. My Dad might be coming to. We have to look into how much extra a room is that he would book as a solo cruiser and see if we can talk him into coming.

Have not sailed on a ship this big before. Am a little concerned about how crowded it will feel in the public areas and how long it will take to tender.

Also, concerned about the comments of this ship rocking a lot. Two of the people going with us have never cruised before, and one of my daughters gets motion sickness fairly easy. Was hoping this large ship would be more stable. Will just remind her to bring Bonine.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread. Counting down the days!

Going on the Dream in December with my husband, sister-in-law, oldest daughter, and youngest daughter and her husband. My Dad might be coming to. We have to look into how much extra a room is that he would book as a solo cruiser and see if we can talk him into coming.

Have not sailed on a ship this big before. Am a little concerned about how crowded it will feel in the public areas and how long it will take to tender.

Also, concerned about the comments of this ship rocking a lot. Two of the people going with us have never cruised before, and one of my daughters gets motion sickness fairly easy. Was hoping this large ship would be more stable. Will just remind her to bring Bonine.

I would recommend taking Bonine or Dramamine. Our youngest daughter gets motion sickness very easily, even in car rides. She's never been sick before on a cruise ship. She did get sick on a catamaran ride back to the pier from Dunn's River Falls, but the wind had picked up and it was very choppy, and she hadn't taken her Bonine that day.

If you take Bonine, it's preventative, so start the day before you sail, and continue to take it throughout the cruise.

She gets sick easily. I was hoping this would be less motion. I'm sure she will be taking that with her!

On her last cruise she got very sick on the evening of our first day at sea. So the next day in port, we saw a place advertising a bracelet to wear for motion sickness so she bought it hoping it would help. It was one of those balance bracelets that are advertised on TV and sold by several companies. Anyway, it worked until the last formal night. She wanted a picture and took it off for a picture and forgot it at one of the picture places or dropped it. She started feeling ill and discovered then that she didn't put it back on. She bought her another one, and has worn it on car rides and airplane rides since and has been fine. Not sure if it is just the power of suggestion or not, but it has helped so I'm sure she will be wearing that as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here had cabin 7394 on the Dream? After reading some of the post about the Lani deck I am concerned about our cabin location. I did try and get away from the hot tubs by going a little more aft but am still wondering if you would have problems with privacy and noise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone here had cabin 7394 on the Dream? After reading some of the post about the Lani deck I am concerned about our cabin location. I did try and get away from the hot tubs by going a little more aft but am still wondering if you would have problems with privacy and noise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We were in 7378 December 2010. I don't recall any bothersome noise from the outside deck below, I think when we were out on the balcony at night we could hear some music from the dance club, no noise from the dance club inside our cabin. Our cabin was right across the hall from the room steward's supply closet and there was noise from that.

About balcony privacy, we were able to successfully join the balcony club late at night. :D 7394 seems to be closer to the chess board which sticks out farther and might give someone more ability to look into your balcony because of the different angle, but I don't remember too many people using the chess set anyways.

Hope this helps!

Here are a couple of photos from 7378:

Looking down and towards aft:

5295453286_08110169da_b.jpg

Looking down towards forward

5294859037_44b0739c68_b.jpg

We were in 7378 December 2010. I don't recall any bothersome noise from the outside deck below, I think when we were out on the balcony at night we could hear some music from the dance club, no noise from the dance club inside our cabin. Our cabin was right across the hall from the room steward's supply closet and there was noise from that.

About balcony privacy, we were able to successfully join the balcony club late at night. :D 7394 seems to be closer to the chess board which sticks out farther and might give someone more ability to look into your balcony because of the different angle, but I don't remember too many people using the chess set anyways.

Hope this helps!

Here are a couple of photos from 7378:

Looking down and towards aft:

5295453286_08110169da_b.jpg

Looking down towards forward

5294859037_44b0739c68_b.jpg

Thanks for the info. The pictures really help. We were on the Pride a few years ago and I don't remember having anything below our balcony other than the water. I think we will be right about where the yellow cone is in the firest picture. Not as much worried about someone seeing us as would really just love to sit and see the ocean. Now I am not sure that a cove balcony would be such a bad thing. Only have the lifeboats above you. Once again thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. The pictures really help. We were on the Pride a few years ago and I don't remember having anything below our balcony other than the water. I think we will be right about where the yellow cone is in the firest picture. Not as much worried about someone seeing us as would really just love to sit and see the ocean. Now I am not sure that a cove balcony would be such a bad thing. Only have the lifeboats above you. Once again thanks for the info.

The hot tubs and promenade were a real annoyance for us. If I ever go on a Dream Class ship again it will be in a cove balcony. When I look down from my balcony I want to see the ocean, not loud drunks in a hot tub.

The hot tubs and promenade were a real annoyance for us. If I ever go on a Dream Class ship again it will be in a cove balcony. When I look down from my balcony I want to see the ocean, not loud drunks in a hot tub.

I guess we have been pretty lucky on our 4 times on Dream. We stayed on deck 8, midship three times and never had drunks in the hot tub. We do go out on our balcony during the day and at night and haven't ever had that problem.

The last time we were on Deck 11 in a Spa cabin and we could look straight out and see the sea. The only time we could see the Promenade is if we looked straight down from our balcony. I think the higher up you are, the less you see of the Promenade when sitting on the balcony and the less noise you hear from the Promenade.

We could never be in a cove as my husband is claustrophobic and the closed in balcony would drive him nuts. Also, if the seas were rough as they were on one of our cruises, the doors to the balcony are sealed shut and he would never be able to be in that cabin.

Fortunately, there are so many cabin choices we all get to be in a type we like.

This is our 4th cruise on the Dream coming up this Saturday the 18th of August. Real simple, we live here in Brevard County and its just too easy to get to Port Canaveral.

We've cruised the Freedom of the Seas as well.

We view the Dream as our "timeshare" and try to make a couple 7 day cruises each year. We love the Dream. Don't sweat the small stuff. Its cruising. Relax, enjoy. Not really a fan of the ports of call on the Western, prefer the Eastern much more.

Belize and Cozumel....we might not get off the ship.

Food at Chefs Art House {$30 a person extra} was awesome the last time. This may have been one of the best steaks/meals I've ever had. Better than Morton's or Ruth Cris.

We've stayed balcony, junior suite and this time grand suite. Getting spoiled with extra space but GS is just too pricey. We'll stay JS in the future.

I love the feel of the Dream and the layout. Enjoy.

Your feelings about Freedom of the Seas? We too live close to P.C and have been on the Dream twice..going for three in a few weeks. We wonder about the FOTS an honest opinion..one not trying to trash Carnival..would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your feelings about Freedom of the Seas? We too live close to P.C and have been on the Dream twice..going for three in a few weeks. We wonder about the FOTS an honest opinion..one not trying to trash Carnival..would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not the one that originally posted that, but we've sailed the Magic (sister of the Dream) and the Freedom of the Seas. We loved both, but we do give slight edge to the Freedom. Pros/cons for us:

Freedom of the Seas:

-Royal Promonade-we kind of miss this while on Carnival ships, good meeting area

-Pool Deck-bigger pools, Solarium is my favorite so far (adult pool)

-Balconies seemed larger (we always book plain old balconies)

Magic:

-Outside promonade-loved to have a good spot to hang out at night outside, Red Frog Pub was a blast (but alas it will be on the pool deck on the Dream...I think we'll survive!) This was a great replacement for us missing the Royal promonade.

-Burrito bar-seriously, it's that good! Well worth the wait in line!!

-Balcony was fine for 2...seemed smaller then the Freedom tho.

The prices for our cruise were pretty much exactly the same and we had comparible cabins on both. Really, the only "con" we had with the Magic was crowds in comparison to the Freedom. We felt like we were in line A LOT more on the Magic. Did not make/break our experience (obviously since we're booked on the Dream!)

However, we're easy to please! Food is food to us...never have gone hungry and I'm very picky. We didn't seem too many shows on the Magic and did see a couple on the Freedom (which were good) but I can't really compare there. We also had pretty bad weather on our Magic cruise so we never really used the pools. So even though they were noticeably smaller, it didn't affect us. We'll see on the Dream. We didn't really like the Adult area (Serenity) on the Magic, but we're not lay in the sun kind of people. The Freedom's adult area had a full pool with bar stools in the deep end that the servers would come an bring you drinks...heaven to us :D

Both are great and we enjoyed the Magic MUCH more then our Miracle cruise a few years back-we like larger ships with more "stuff" to do.

Even though I have been on Dream once before, I don't remember the door type. Any one know what type of doors? I want to put a sign or two on them, for the granddaughters of course.

A magnet stuck to our door #7378, if that is what your question is about.

I have a group of 26 riding a bus back home from Port Canavaral and would like an average time for disembarkation. I realize it's subjective, but usually the cruises we've been on, the ship arrives around 5 or 6 and disembarkation doesn't begin until 7:30 or so. Since the scheduled arrival time for the Dream is listed as 8 a.m., wouldn't a 9 a.m. pickup for the bus be too early? I'm thinking more like 10 a.m. What has been the norm on the last few cruises? We are going Dec 1-8.

I have a group of 26 riding a bus back home from Port Canavaral and would like an average time for disembarkation. I realize it's subjective, but usually the cruises we've been on, the ship arrives around 5 or 6 and disembarkation doesn't begin until 7:30 or so. Since the scheduled arrival time for the Dream is listed as 8 a.m., wouldn't a 9 a.m. pickup for the bus be too early? I'm thinking more like 10 a.m. What has been the norm on the last few cruises? We are going Dec 1-8.

Self debarkation or regular? I did self debarkation on Aug 11-18 and we were called at 6:30am, through customs in minutes and in the parking lot waiting for the shuttle. I think it depends on how fast customs clears the ship as well and if everyone is able to do self debark or if they have to wait for their zone. If 26 people are in different zones, it may take a bit longer but you can go to guest services the night before and request everyone to be in an early zone for your travel arrangements.