Getting docs before the cruise?

Hootsie

Hey, stupid question. On the last three cruises we booked thru a TA and he gave me "docs" when they came in (about 2 weeks before the cruise). This is our first Princess cruise and we booked direct thru them. Do we get "docs" or is it all paperless now?

I am a TA and to my knowledge it is all paperless now. This will be my 3rd. Princess cruise coming up within a year's time. You should be able to get your boarding documents on-line once you have completed your Pre-boarding registration: boarding pass and luggage tags. You can laminate your luggage tags (print as many as you need) with clear scotch wide packing tape. Secure them to your luggage handles either with a stapler or cable ties.

I am a TA and to my knowledge it is all paperless now. This will be my 3rd. Princess cruise coming up within a year's time. You should be able to get your boarding documents on-line once you have completed your Pre-boarding registration: boarding pass and luggage tags. You can laminate your luggage tags (print as many as you need) with clear scotch wide packing tape. Secure them to your luggage handles either with a stapler or cable ties.

Ok, I finished all that preboarding stuff on Princess.com. I guess I didn't see a spot to print it out. I'll go back and dig around a bit. We leave in less than two weeks so I assume it would be up, right?

ETA: Of course Princess.com is down now too. Never fails. :-)

Does the site show that all the passenger information has been completed? Once it shows that you will see a button to print the boarding pass and your luggage tags. If the Princess site is down, that could be the problem.

Ok, I finished all that preboarding stuff on Princess.com. I guess I didn't see a spot to print it out. I'll go back and dig around a bit. We leave in less than two weeks so I assume it would be up, right?

ETA: Of course Princess.com is down now too. Never fails. :-)

Does the site show that all the passenger information has been completed? Once it shows that you will see a button to print the boarding pass and your luggage tags. If the Princess site is down, that could be the problem.

Do the luggage tags need to be printed in color? I remember a variety of colors on our previous cruises.

I'm sure their website will be up soon. Heck, I got 12 days before we fly out.

No, you can print it in b & w.

You do need to print your boarding passes within a certain time frame before the cruise, so keep an eye on the site and print them as soon as possible.

Make sure you have met all the criteria to print:

Boarding Passes can be printed beginning 75 days prior to your sailing. In order to print your Boarding Pass your booking must paid in full; all required immigration information, including registering a credit card for onboard charges, must be complete and you must electronically authorize use of the registered credit card for your onboard charges via the Cruise Personalizer.

Do the luggage tags need to be printed in color? I remember a variety of colors on our previous cruises.

I'm sure their website will be up soon. Heck, I got 12 days before we fly out.

When you are in the cruise summary of the personalizer, about midway down the right column is Print Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags (or similar). Click on that.

Are you in the website now? It's still down for me. Grrrrr.

You do need to print your boarding passes within a certain time frame before the cruise, so keep an eye on the site and print them as soon as possible.

You can print boarding passes up until the day you sail, even after the personalizer will no longer allow you to make changes in the week before the cruise.

SO, when I print out luggage tags do I just attach with tape to my suitcase or rubberband to the handle?? Seems rather flimsy.
Princess has had e-docs only for several years now, and the printable luggage tags for over a year. When folded as directed, they are pretty sturdy. There have been few complaints or mentions on this board by people using the tags; fewer complaints than with the old tags. Just staple or tape the tags on. You can also put clear tape over them if you want; then pinch a hole and secure with twist ties.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but you can call and order luggage tags if you made the reservation with Princess (not TA).

Why would you want to do that, if you can printthem yourself??? You can do it yourself if you booked direct, or with an agent.

I'm travelling with a group of 11 people, and have completed all of the immigration documents, but have not entered a credit card. Our cruise leaves on 4/23/11 and my plan was to have the credit card portion be filled out on 4/22 that evening and than print out the boarding pass and luggage tags at our hotel in fll. Would that be possible? or should I enter my credit card information for everyone and than can we change it once on board?

Thanks

HELP!!! I have paid our final payment have got a booking number but cannot access my personaliser to look at tours etc. past cruises I have had no problems, maybe its our new TA

Are you sure you're entering the correct booking number? It's easy to transpose those random numbers and letters. What does it say -- does it say booking is cancelled or that you don't have access? If so, then I'd call Princess and verify that payment has been made to them. Your TA wouldn't have anything to do with Personalizer access (unless they've erred and somehow your booking has been cancelled).

I'm travelling with a group of 11 people, and have completed all of the immigration documents, but have not entered a credit card. Our cruise leaves on 4/23/11 and my plan was to have the credit card portion be filled out on 4/22 that evening and than print out the boarding pass and luggage tags at our hotel in fll. Would that be possible? or should I enter my credit card information for everyone and than can we change it once on board?

Thanks

You will not be able to enter your credit card information in the Personalizer the day before the cruise is to depart. The personalizer is closed to changes 5 days before you sail, and although you can still print off things like boarding passes and luggage tags, they are only available in a PDF format and you can not enter or change anything in your personalizer after it is locked. I would suggest you enter your credit card info before the personlizer closes (don't wait for the last minute) to print off your luggage tags, or you will have to get them at the pier when you check in the luggage (this is also possible if you don't want to attach your luggage tags until you arrive for check in). If you wish to change the credit card number, that is easily done at check in, no problem, just give them the credit card you wish to use when they ask for it and that is the card they will scan for your onboard charges, not the one you entered online. ;) Enjoy!

Your TA has nothing to do with the Princess site, they have just been having intermittent problems...

HELP!!! I have paid our final payment have got a booking number but cannot access my personaliser to look at tours etc. past cruises I have had no problems, maybe its our new TA

Archived