Where would you like the Carnival Breeze's home port to be?

John&John

Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?

• Fort Lauderdale
    • Miami
    • Galveston
    • Los Angeles
    • Port Canaveral
    • other

My guess:

Carnival Spirit leaves to Australia.

Since that class of ship is the largest Alaska can handle, the Carnival Miracle will move to California and do the Mexican Riviera/Alaska itineraries.

The Carnival Breeze will then be placed in New York from May to October and Fort Lauderdale in the Winter.

To me, this makes sense also because the 2012 New York Itineraries haven't been released yet - maybe we'll get them in April?

An alternative would be a similar switch. Carnival Pride leaves Baltimore for California and then Baltimore gets the Carnival Breeze year round. However, given that the Baltimore itineraries are not all that exciting and the prices are generally cheaper than other 7 day cruises, I don't think this is the best choice.

I don't think Galveston or New Orleans is going to be part of the mix, as they just had changes of their own recently.

My guess:

Carnival Spirit leaves to Australia.

Since that class of ship is the largest Alaska can handle, the Carnival Miracle will move to California and do the Mexican Riviera/Alaska itineraries.

The Carnival Breeze will then be placed in New York from May to October and Fort Lauderdale in the Winter.

To me, this makes sense also because the 2012 New York Itineraries haven't been released yet - maybe we'll get them in April?

An alternative would be a similar switch. Carnival Pride leaves Baltimore for California and then Baltimore gets the Carnival Breeze year round. However, given that the Baltimore itineraries are not all that exciting and the prices are generally cheaper than other 7 day cruises, I don't think this is the best choice.

I don't think Galveston or New Orleans is going to be part of the mix, as they just had changes of their own recently.

Three things. Alaska can handle bigger ships than the Spirit. Princess has ships in Alaska that are larger than Carnival's Conquest class.

Secondly, the Pride is the largest Carnival ship that can sail out of Baltimore because of the bridge. So the Breeze would be unable to fit.

Lastly, a lot of ports/ships have not been released yet, so it could be any one of them.

However I do agree with you on Galveston/NO. Both Galveston and NO will be getting a huge capacity increase with the new ships each port will get. So I think it is unlikely that NO will get another capacity increase just one year later.

Well, Carnival is running into the problem of too many BIG ships, and too many ports that require small ships. I think Breeze would be too tall to fit under the Francis Scott Key bridge for Baltimore (on the Celebrity board they said Century was the largest ship X could port there...). She is too big for the current Panama Canal, and I doubt Carnival wants to sail around the horn again any time soon. She really needs to send another spirit class ship to CA, but that would leave Tampa a ship short, as I don't think the larger ships can fit under the Skyway bridge...They really need to consider another group of ships the size of the Spirit class...EM

They really need to consider another group of ships the size of the Spirit class...EM

agreed. while i think they're going to continue to produce at least a few more dream class ships - i think that they would be very wise to roll out a new spirit class derivative or just build some more to the same spec (which i'd consider less likely).

there are height restrictions in ports with bridges and size restrictions at least in the near future as far as panama canal transit and such is concerned.

as they've continued to diversify in the ports served, such as the smaller ports like charleston, mobile which have fantasy class ships - they need some flexibility in the hardware available.

let's face it - the fantasy class ships won't be around forever, and as they are transfered, they will have a lack of ships smaller than the 101,000 GRT destiny - yet already having carved out a niche in markets where a dream class or similarly sized ship would not be an ideal fit.

What makes you think that? :confused:

Because if you really look at the logistics, the USA Ports are pretty much filled with ships and most do the same itinerary in one way or another. Carnival has not had a presence in Europe in a few years and since they are repositioning the Spirit to Aus., they "might" be considering more of a global line.

Also, John Heald has publicly stated that he really wants to get back to European sailings and that if Carnival does not have a ship there in a few years, he would consider moving to a new cruise line. Carnival has spent a lot of money and time promoting John to his "very publicly recognized" position as the "face of Carnival" and he appears to be very happy about the upcoming release of the Breezes home port.

My only other guess would be that they port the Breeze out of San Juan. They would then be able to do the "deeper" southern Carib. itineraries which are very popular and, when offered, sail full consistently.

These are just my thoughts and they are probably wrong. ;)

Because if you really look at the logistics, the USA Ports are pretty much filled with ships and most do the same itinerary in one way or another. Carnival has not had a presence in Europe in a few years and since they are repositioning the Spirit to Aus., they "might" be considering more of a global line.

Also, John Heald has publicly stated that he really wants to get back to European sailings and that if Carnival does not have a ship there in a few years, he would consider moving to a new cruise line. Carnival has spent a lot of money and time promoting John to his "very publicly recognized" position as the "face of Carnival" and he appears to be very happy about the upcoming release of the Breezes home port.

My only other guess would be that they port the Breeze out of San Juan. They would then be able to do the "deeper" southern Carib. itineraries which are very popular and, when offered, sail full consistently.

I would be surprised to see San Juan as there are always bargain prices for the Carnival Victory.

I also wonder about Europe as well as they keep extending the Europe sale!

We'll know on April 18th! :D

Living in Baltimore area, I'd have to say I'd like her to port east coast and north of FL. Maybe Norfolk...don't know if she can, or Charleston or Baltimore (I think I read that the new big ships can't port here because they can't make it under the bridge). Wish there was a port in Savannah area.

I think that the Breeze will replace the Miracle, and the Miracle will be sent to europe. The trips that the Miracle does to the eastern caribean have been very popular. The Miracle is sized right to be able to cruise the europe routes year round. :)

I really really really want Carnival to cruise out of Boston. In fact, the only thing holding us back from making a decision on doing a Carnival wedding is that the closest port to us is NYC and we have to get a good number of our family members who won't fly or drive themselves long distances to wherever the wedding is.

I agree with Boston. 10 day itineraries to the Caribbean. It would be nice to NOT have to fly to a home port for once.

I see what you mean, so many possibilities

I think San Diego will be her homeport that's my personal feeling because they are moving Spirit to Aust. its funny because they will announce Spirit's repositioning schedule on March 18th, and they will release Breeze's new homeport on April 18th.. or maybe they will send another ship to San Diego after Spririt leaves.. it'd be cool if they have a cruise out of San Francisco...

Some ship is coming to the West Coast.. I hope a new one because it would draw people out here because it's new. With the Spirit leaving and the Splendor doing the Alaska/Hawaii runs, they will bring a ship out to do the 7 day Mexico run. My suggestion would be to alternate that route 7 day to Mexico then 7 day Pacific Coastal. That will give the locals a variety and keep them cruising more. New ship and new options...

Of course everyone is going to say the port that is closest to them. I hope she goes to San Diego.

Thats my vote. San Diego is my favorite port and since they are taking all the ships away, we need a ship there. Elation left and now the Spirit in October sooooooo. No more Carnival ships in SD.

Archived