OK Ladies....flight attire

I would never wear jeans or even cotton pants...way too constricting!

My travel "uniform" of choice is stretchy wide leg jersey pants, a nice shirt (usually sleeveless) and a jersey sweater/jacket. The pants and jacket are black and I "color" it up with a shirt with a colored print. I stick with a black travel bag small enough to fit under the seat in front of me but large enough to carry essentials (Kindle, make-up, hair brush, etc.). I wear strappy heeled sandals, but I will also bring along in my bag those comfy slipper socks to slip into if it's cold on the airplane.

I buy most of my travel clothes from Travelsmith.com. Lots of nice, fashionable clothing. I've tried to buy mostly black, white, and brown so I can mix and match several pieces and the jersey material is great because it takes up so little space and doesn't wrinkle.

Jo-Ann

and in the pass/tik..rules it states... the proper acceptable attire for that. As if I wouldnt look presentable !!! Soooo.. I have my fave fly pants. They are a nice wide leg stretch waist, with a built-in liner of a wee bit snugger inner pant (the skirt has the same thing). Black, quick to dry, hold up to hours of sitting. A comfy shrt slv tee top, over shirt/blouse, and a loose more dressy than not, jacket. A nice scarf for color and warmth. My feet swell, so I wear comfy sox, with easy thru Xray shoes. No jewelry, and a light weight non-descript squishy toet bag/purse..and a small overhead bag. Cold weather coat, folds small in an outside checked bag pocket

and in the pass/tik..rules it states... the proper acceptable attire for that. As if I wouldnt look presentable !!! Soooo.. I have my fave fly pants. They are a nice wide leg stretch waist, with a built-in liner of a wee bit snugger inner pant (the skirt has the same thing). Black, quick to dry, hold up to hours of sitting. A comfy shrt slv tee top, over shirt/blouse, and a loose more dressy than not, jacket. A nice scarf for color and warmth. My feet swell, so I wear comfy sox, with easy thru Xray shoes. No jewelry, and a light weight non-descript squishy toet bag/purse..and a small overhead bag. Cold weather coat, folds small in an outside checked bag pocket

What are easy thru xray shoes?:confused:

When I fly, I like to be comfortable, first and foremost. But I also like to look nice. I usually wear some variation of the below:

-a jesey or cotton dress/tunic

-a pair of leggings/jeggings

-a nice cardigan for the plane

-a scarf

-flip flops or flats for ease during security

I like to keep it as simple as possible

When flying within Europe (short flights), just whatever I want to wear on destination. Last time it was a skirt and high heels (however, skirt wa slong enough that I didn't have to worry about it when I had to pick up the suitcases from that belt-thingie)

Wen traveling TA, as comfortable as possible. It will be around 13-hour flight, so whatever you wear, you look like jetlagged crap anyway when you reach destination :)

I make sure to wear shoes that are easy to take off/ put back on and that are wide enough for swelling feet. usually Crocs. I also take socks with me on the plane +extra sweater or scarf because I almost always get cold, especially on the overnight flighs back to Europe.

When flying within Europe (short flights), just whatever I want to wear on destination. Last time it was a skirt and high heels (however, skirt wa slong enough that I didn't have to worry about it when I had to pick up the suitcases from that belt-thingie)

Wen traveling TA, as comfortable as possible. It will be around 13-hour flight, so whatever you wear, you look like jetlagged crap anyway when you reach destination :)

I make sure to wear shoes that are easy to take off/ put back on and that are wide enough for swelling feet. usually Crocs. I also take socks with me on the plane +extra sweater or scarf because I almost always get cold, especially on the overnight flighs back to Europe.

couldnt have said it better myself:o

I usually wear a pair of yoga pants in black or grey, a black jersey jacket with a, coloured t-shirt or shell and easy on/off shoes with socks for the security checks. My carry-on is laptop tote that I also shove all the camera stuff, book, ipod, DH's meds and a small camera bag in that I use as a purse in ports.

I don't understand all the celebrities I see online who fly in "fashionable" clothes. I know that I wouldn't want to be stuck behind them as they're trying to get their above the knee boots back on or someone like Lady Gaga who doesn't wear pants.

I don't understand all the celebrities I see online who fly in "fashionable" clothes. I know that I wouldn't want to be stuck behind them as they're trying to get their above the knee boots back on or someone like Lady Gaga who doesn't wear pants.

Aack - pass the eye bleach!!! :eek:

I go for the comfortable/preppy option: cardigan (usually argyle) over a plain fitted tshirt with chinos and easy on/off shoes. Also a fan of the metal-free bra, but I have just enough metal in my back that doesn't always mean I am home free.

I used to try and dress stylishly, but my husband is such a Brooks Brothers/Ralph Lauren type that it's easier to go with the flow and look like we are actually travelling together; plus the chinos make my mom happy because she reads the stuff about traveling in natural fibers in case of emergency :rolleyes:

Just remembered I flew home from overseas once in mid-calf boots with high heels; boy was that a pain! Nothing I could do, though - the movers had left them out of the box they were supposed to go in and I didn't have room in my suitcase for anything larger that the comfy shoes I had PLANNED on wearing for the flight...

It all depends on where I'm flying to and what the destination/departure weather is..

Usually, it's layers of some sort.

Example: Most recent trip in Dec. Left NJ (Newark airport) at 6 am in 40 degrees. Wore medium weight jean capris, lightweight T shirt, heavy fleece jacket, slip on shoes with a pair of knee high "stockings". Got to the airport and took off the stockings..Arrived in St. Thomas (85 degrees), put the fleece in the carryon and was very comfortable in the capris and T.

Did the reverse for coming home...

And yes, I do remember the days when you actually bought an outfit to fly in!! On my first flight in the late 60s, I wore a suit and heels and was going from NY to FL!!! for spring break!!

How times have changed!!

I am with the cargo pants-though usually ones which convert to capris or shorts if I am flying somewhere warm. I do wear runners and socks, because I hate walking barefoot in the airport when I have to take my shoes of for security checks. Who knows what is on those floors.

Comfort, but not sloppy! For international flights I usually wear a jogging suit with a cute t-shirt. That way I have a jacket that I can take on or off depending on the temp. I also like Chico's Zenergy clothes. They are very comforatable and light weight.

You can do both. When I went to pick up my girlfriend at the airport recently I was charmed by how nice she looked. She was wearing a soft t-shirt under a comfortable stretch black blazer with a pr. of stretch black Gap jeans, and a comfortable pr. of low platform leather sandals she looked very very chic and she said that she was very comfotable. I'm going to steal her look the next time I fly!:) I usually dress for comfort by wearing a soft t-shirt and zipup hoody with comfotable Ugg boots. But if I can be comfortable and look as chic as my girlfriend did. I will steal her look. Oh, I forgot, she also had a really cute long scarf wrapped around her neck and she carried a large leather tote. I'm so going to copy her!:D P.S. Yes I have gotten her permission as she was very flattered that I liked how she had put herself together.

I like to be fashionable, but comfort is also a must. My typical "airport" outfit is a t-shirt, a "boyfriend" cardigan, skinny jeans, and my knee-high black leather boots (the comfiest footwear I've ever owned, plus they're easy to slip on and off at security).

I have a Tencel set that I love for travel. It is purple, and the jacket is lovely with embroidery along the bottom. The pants are drawstring, with big pockets. Very comfortable and nice-looking.

Hi Sue, sounds cute:) I don't think I own any Tencel....is it a soft

fabric? And where did you get it?:)

Why can't a person be comfy and look nice too?:) The original poster

asked comfort or fashion?...looking nice can be comfortable~or I thought

it could be:eek:

Next, I have VERY, VERY soft jeans too that are not stiff/hard/or

uncomfortable. But for some reason I usually wear a softer style

pant when I fly. I have a pair of (what would be sweats in the

old days) but in my opinion they alot nicer. Soft, cotton, comfy.

I wear a short sleeved or 3/4 length sleeve top and I always travel

with a cardigan or a warmup jacket (soft cotton;)). I wear a slide/mule

for easy on and easy off.

I am flying from here to San Diego in May..that is A LONG FLIGHT and

will be checking my closet for the appropriate stuff:D

Yes, Tencel is soft, but typically it's not mixed with any spandex or other material to give stretch. And I like some stretch in whatever I wear on a plane:p (I only need 2-5%)

CHicos has tencel products, eg: http://www.chicos.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=12&pageId=1&productId=570016622&viewAll=&prd=Tencel+Twill+Cuffed+Ankle+Pant&subCatId=&color=316&fromSearch=true&inSeam=&posId=3&catId=&cat=&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

And Coldwater Creek has a bunch of tencel too: http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/ProductSearch.aspx?provider=productSearch&cmd=czsearch&question=tencel

Lois- I think you're near outlets so you might want to see if they have anything you can feel/try on etc

(if you have seen Tencel with stretch - let me know!!)

For soft - I LOVE modal, modal/cotton blend t-shirts - so soft. They pill quickly, though, but they are still lovely & soft - just have to be careful, hand wash, air dry, don't wear a backpack, etc.:rolleyes:

Yes, Tencel is soft, but typically it's not mixed with any spandex or other material to give stretch. And I like some stretch in whatever I wear on a plane:p (I only need 2-5%)

(if you have seen Tencel with stretch - let me know!!)

For soft - I LOVE modal, modal/cotton blend t-shirts - so soft. They pill quickly, though, but they are still lovely & soft - just have to be careful, hand wash, air dry, don't wear a backpack, etc.:rolleyes:

Hi stranger, good to see you:)...oh I am thinking....(I do that sometimes;))....tencel...is that the "Tommy Bahama" material?

Soft but no stretch.......

Archived