OK Ladies....flight attire

In this day and age, comfort....used to be folks got all "dolled up" to fly, and it was a luxurious experience. Today, I see no need to dress up to be crammed in like sardines! You can dress comfortably without looking awful!!!

You can still be comfortable and look nice. I wear cargo pants so I can place all that I may need in the pockets. Comfortable, casual, shoes. As opposed to some people, I keep my shoes on. I wear a tank top and blouse. Sometimes (due to my own global warming issues) I need to remove the blouse, but still look nice. My husband also wears cargo pants, paired with a comfortable shirt (like nautica, RL, etc.)

Last summer I captured a photo on my iphone of a man with very baggy pants. While placing his carry-on in the bin, his pants continued to drop to reveal a thong!

Jeans, t-shirt & trainers...usually a new pair of jeans and a new top, so that I don't look too much like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards after a typical 13 hour flight.

I have worn a cotton skirt & top on shorthaul, but would not wear that on a longhaul.

Comfort. Whatever that means to you. I wear jeans, tshirt, my heaviest shoes and take a hoodie. Usually my heaviest shoes are my athletic shoes. I like to have socks on and have my toes protected. For some reason people love to back up and step on my toes.

I like to be comfortable , but nicely dreesed. I have a staple travel outfit that fits the bill:

Black leggings

A charcoal or black knit tunic with a scarf

ballet flats

Think Vera Wang and her black leggings with layering...very comfortable and , IMHO , chic!

Kim

I like to be comfortable , but nicely dreesed.

Ditto. I usually wear black pants (I rarely travel with jeans, and I don't wear leggings in public - I feel that's too young a trend for me:rolleyes:) a short sleeve or tank top (depending on final destination) and a cardigan, with a cotton or cashmere scarf on top. Shoes depend on where I'm travelling - I will wear privo ballet flats or hiking shoes if it's that kind of trip. I change to slippers for long flights ( >5 hours) and then I use those slippers while I'm away - I have stretchy ballet style slippers.

Another one who likes to be comfy yet stylish. My go to outfit is black travel knit wide leg pants, love that stretchy waist while sitting for so long! I go with layered tops also, maybe a T shirt with a blouse or light weight denim jacket and always a scarf/wrap in case the plane is cold. I prefer to wear slip ons like my born sandals or clogs, then I bring slippers in my carry on to wear on the plane.

Black pants in a natural fabric, usually cotton.

Short sleeve top in a natural fabric, usually cotton.

A black cardigan sweater.

Slip on shoes, usually my Privos.

Comfortable, but nice enough that if something comes up I'm ready to go (worked well for a weekend trip where the flight home got cancelled and the next morning when I finally got home I had to go straight to work from the airport). Since I usually spend 12-16 hours in my work attire, even my dressy work attire is quite comfortable.

The fabric choice is a just in case thing. If something happens with the plane, it is best to be wearing natural fabrics, not something synthetic.

I always fly in good quality black pants, a shell and cardigan over. If our luggage gets lost, I know I'll have decent black pants to work with. I wear a comfortable but good looking, low heel black shoe that slides on and off easily.

I never wear my usual underwire bra but have purchased light weight, stretchy, no hooks/no underwire bras that will never 'go beep' at the airport.

I try to do everything possible to make it as easy as possible to clear security. :)

Comfy yet stylish jeans, white or black tank top under a black blazer AND in warmer weather, the brand SOFT high heeled shoes.....black. The softy brand is always comfy to walk in even with heels and I can wear the heels with dresses, skirts.....

I always take all black, tan, white type shirt, shorts, shoes, dresses so I can interchange things.....

SAFETY!

Love my nylon cargos and packing light, but the flight is the one time it is all about safety.

100% cotton or wool long pants, long sleeved shirt. Things that will protect my skin if the temperature got to nylon melting stages. Shoes that would stay on my feet if there was a ground emergency. A little purse that stays on my body.

I don't worry about if the plane goes down. Not much I can do there, but the majority accidents happen on the ground. The majority of injuries from lost shoes and exposed skin.

There are lots of good sites done by flying pros that you can check out. My dad was a pilot and was really emphatic about dressing for the flight, not the destination.

Bon voyage!

Comfort; no one cares what I'm wearing.

Well, maybe not.... Every time I fly through Orlando I'm shocked by how little some people wear and yet feel is appropriate for travel. Short little shorts that let bum cheeks peek out- ewwww! tank tops that don't cover what often needs covering. Muffin tops, pudge bellies and far too much flesh yet they will probably claim to be "comfortable". Ugh.

On long flights I like to wear a nice, but stretchy outfit with long pants, a tee and a jacket. (Zenergy from Chicos for example) I also wear my heaviest shoes with socks. I bring slippers too so that if I have to walk to the "head", I don't have to lace up the shoes. Those slippers then go into a plastic bag..... floors of the bathroom are usually gross 2 hours into the flight..... and I don't wear them again until trip home. Someone needs to sell disposables!:o

Instead of searching through pockets, tote, carry on for items, I have this: http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14584&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1,2,252,331&iProductID=14584&sortBy=0 It keeps everything I need at hand and organized.

I have an airplane "uniform" that I wear without fail, every trip. It consists of my black Chico's Travelers pants and jacket and a contrasting Travelers tank top and a nice scarf. It's comfortable and I look presentable.

I always fly in good quality black pants, a shell and cardigan over. If our luggage gets lost, I know I'll have decent black pants to work with. I wear a comfortable but good looking, low heel black shoe that slides on and off easily.

I never wear my usual underwire bra but have purchased light weight, stretchy, no hooks/no underwire bras that will never 'go beep' at the airport.

I try to do everything possible to make it as easy as possible to clear security. :)

Sounds right...just what I do. Comfortable and looking nice are not mutally exclusive. ;)

Jeans fabric is stiff and tends to rub on long flights. I prefer a softer fabric like a jersey. The one time I really dressed well in an Italian suit to travel Transatlantic in coach.Asked if I could buy an upgrade. They replied No but I am authorized to give you a free upgrade. True story, foreign airline of course.

I wear my Zenergy (Chicos) pants, a cotton scoop neck top and take my Zenergy jacket along. Now I know they are not safe (according to cruznut1111) but they are as comfortable as pj's and look better than knits that bag at the knees after a while.

Well, maybe not.... Every time I fly through Orlando I'm shocked by how little some people wear and yet feel is appropriate for travel. Short little shorts that let bum cheeks peek out- ewwww! tank tops that don't cover what often needs covering. Muffin tops, pudge bellies and far too much flesh yet they will probably claim to be "comfortable". Ugh.

I sat next to a woman once on a plane who was dressed exactly like this. She was very nice and I enjoyed talking with her, but at her age (probably 55-60) she definitely looked odd to me. I would observe people looking at her when she walked to the loo, she got a lot of stares and a lot of people pointing and giggling. I sometimes wonder what people are thinking when they dress so provocatively and eye catching like this. Her personality was nothing like I would have expected....I learn all the time not to judge people by their clothes :p

Sometimes I think I'm weird, I cannot stand to wear shorts that are so short the back of my legs touch public seating. I prefer covering my wobbly bits and as many veins as I can at my age ;)

Jeans fabric is stiff and tends to rub on long flights. I prefer a softer fabric like a jersey. The one time I really dressed well in an Italian suit to travel Transatlantic in coach.Asked if I could buy an upgrade. They replied No but I am authorized to give you a free upgrade. True story, foreign airline of course.

My jeans are not stiff, they are soft and comfortable with a little bit of stretch. I usually wear jeans, a tank and an hoody or cardigan that can be removed when we get to our destination if it is going to be hot. I wear my mary jane style Avias which are the only "shoes" that I take on vacation so I wear them on the plane. Sometime I will wear yoga pants instead of jeans but it is usually cold when we leave.

I've been flying since I was 6 on all sizes of planes (my father, husband & FIL are all private pilots and have owned planes - 2 seater experimental and larger) On an overnight flight, I am willing to take the multi-million to one risk that my synthetic clothing will melt to my skin to avoid wrinkles and look presentable when I land. For shorter flights, I might wear cotton, but on long flights - I like a breathable synthetic.

You're so right. I'm a flight attendant and have probably seen it all over the years lol. It still amazes what some people wear. Like some that you've mentioned, with the Daisy Dukes, boob tubes and not much else. They may claim it's comfortable to wear, but they'll be the first to say they are cold on the flight. I guess they think it looks nice. Personally, I wouldn't want that much of my skin touching the airplane seats lol. Besides, the rest of us really don't need to see all that! As others have said, you can dress comfortably and still look decent and nice or stylish.

Archived