OK Ladies....flight attire

Tommy Bahama "soft" is usually a washed silk:D

Tencel is made from cellulose......

Ohhh...I like that washed silk;) but don't own it.

I will check those links. I am sure I have seen tencel.

Ohhh....geezz...I tried a pair of those tencil pants on before....I know

what they are...thank you!

My Tencel isn't stretch, but both the jacket and pants are loose, and the pants are drawstring, so everything is very comfortable.

I bought my set at Macys here in the Seattle area. It also cleans up well if you happen to get it dirty.

My Tencel isn't stretch, but both the jacket and pants are loose, and the pants are drawstring, so everything is very comfortable. .

I've tried many of the existing wide leg drawstring tencel pants on and they aren't flattering on me - which is why I'm looking for something with stretch. Thanks:p

I've tried many of the existing wide leg drawstring tencel pants on and they aren't flattering on me - which is why I'm looking for something with stretch. Thanks:p

Try looking at yoga pants. They aren't just plain old black anymore. Check out the offerings at athleta dot com and lucy dot com. I believe even Target has some non-tradional colors, lengths and pantleg width now.

Sorry slidergirl - you came in on the end of another conversation. I was talking specifically about looking for tencel with stretch. I have lots of regular knit pants with stretch (cotton, microfiber, various other polys.....) I'm no stranger to knit & stretch. It's woven with stretch that I like too - and want more of;)

• 2 weeks later...
On long flights I like to wear a nice, but stretchy outfit with long pants, a tee and a jacket. (Zenergy from Chicos for example)

Make sure if you're wearing Zenergy that they don't have the cute buckles on the side or they may beep when going through security.

Sorry slidergirl - you came in on the end of another conversation. I was talking specifically about looking for tencel with stretch. I have lots of regular knit pants with stretch (cotton, microfiber, various other polys.....) I'm no stranger to knit & stretch. It's woven with stretch that I like too - and want more of;)

Fair 'nuf. Let's see if I can get it right: I did a quick "Ask.com" search for "stretchy Tencel pants" and several options came up... The best ones were Eileen Fisher. But, that line is insanely expensive :eek:

No to jeans. I actually have a pair of ancient really ancient all season Eileen Fisher black pants, any knit top and a knit blazer/jacket are my flight favs. I have slide/mule shoes that I can slip off during the flight and make it quickly through TSA. My H thinks I'm strange but I travel with black/tan/white and usually pink...in any season anywhere and I've got pieces that work so my travel outfit can mix and match into other days if it survives the flight in reasonable condition plus I can pack really, really fast! Black and Tan, Tan and White, Tan and Black, Pink and Black...you get the idea!

You can do it with any color and Black, White and Tan LOL. My first cruise I think I brought two big suitcases and the hugest carry on...no more...down to one reasonably sized suitcase. Gotta love the new flying "rules." My H has also gotten it down to a color science but he's navy, tan, orange and white all seasons.

Fashion or comfort?

I vote comfort. I have a pair of knit capri pants that are really comfy and I wear those and a tshirt with a lt. weight jacket, we usually cruise Nov. so it is cold at the airport leaving but the clothing is just right for Florida temps.

Comfort for sure. And layers. With the airlines getting so mean with luggage allowances I'm thinking of wearing as many of my clothes as possible on the plane;) Seriously I ususally wear comfortable stretch pants, long sleeved Tee, cardigan or hoody, the heaviest shoes I'm taking and travellers socks that actually are not very comfy. I also bring a pashmina in case there aren't any blankets available. last time I checked in for a long haul transatlantic flight I noticed a real scruffy looking guy in an old fashioned sweat suit checking in at United's Global services desk. I guess he was ready to curl up in his first class suite, if you can afford that you really don't worry about making an impression.

Conwakr - my color combo for mix & match is black, khaki, red & turquoise. If I'm packing REALLY light, I omit turquoise:D I've been doing this for a few years now (much of my wardrobe seems to be in those colors, so it seemed a natural progression...)

It looks like I might be going to China next month. That's 30+ hours of travel - and it's a business trip:eek: - so I'll really be pushing the limits for comfort that still looks professional! I just ordered some new Privo mary janes to break in before the trip - they're my favorite comfort shoe for travel and my old ones are starting to fall apart (I still wear them for trips to HOme Depot on Saturday morning :-)

i like to be comfortable , but nicely dreesed. I have a staple travel outfit that fits the bill:

Black leggings

a charcoal or black knit tunic with a scarf

ballet flats

think vera wang and her black leggings with layering...very comfortable and , imho , chic!

Kim

yes!!!

It all depends on where I'm flying to and what the destination/departure weather is..

Usually, it's layers of some sort.

Example: Most recent trip in Dec. Left NJ (Newark airport) at 6 am in 40 degrees. Wore medium weight jean capris, lightweight T shirt, heavy fleece jacket, slip on shoes with a pair of knee high "stockings". Got to the airport and took off the stockings..Arrived in St. Thomas (85 degrees), put the fleece in the carryon and was very comfortable in the capris and T.

Did the reverse for coming home...

And yes, I do remember the days when you actually bought an outfit to fly in!! On my first flight in the late 60s, I wore a suit and heels and was going from NY to FL!!! for spring break!!

How times have changed!!

I remember when flying was considered glamorous, and yes, one "actually bought an outfit to fly in"! I've gone a long way from the Jersey Shore (Allenhurst), but thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories!

I just bought a couple of ankle length cuffed tencel pants from Chicos. They're not as big and flowy as some tencel is, but it's lightweight and comfortable. Not much stretch, just comfort. Although the waistband is elastic. http://www.chicos.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=13&pageId=1&productId=570016622&viewAll=&prd=Tencel+Twill+Cuffed+Ankle+Pant&subCatId=&color=001&fromSearch=true&inSeam=&posId=4&catId=&cat=&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size= I bought blue and khaki which will be my mix and match color scheme.

I don't think I'll wear them on the plane. I love them, but jersey is better for long hours of plane comfort.:rolleyes:

I just got back from India a few weeks ago (16 hr flight) and loved reading the "think Vera Wang" comment! That's what I did. Leggings, long tunic, layers. I was comfortable! I even brought a pair of ballet looking slippers in my carry on. Think comfort with a bit of style. I hate seeing people that look like they rolled out of bed!

Have a safe flight!

Most of the options have been covered here and I agree with those who opt for comfort but still presentable-looking. I pull off this look with a lot of matte jersey (like Chico's knit or J. Jill wearever collection) - always black pants and for long flights, usually black top and matching cardigan or jacket...a bit boring since I'm usually in black but I dont want to land after a 9 hour flight with stains on my light colored top, and black hides wrinkles better - especially in those great travel knits.

I do NOT wear sneakers on planes...dont want to have to mess with re-tying them after going through security and I am one of those who takes the shoes off when seated on the plane. (it's a Southern thing I think) ;) I take some folding slippers in case my tootsies get cold but do NOT go into the plane lavatory in those...those floors are nasty! I wear slip-on comfort shoes like Privos or just ballet flats that I can easily grab for those lav visits.

I read about the NAOT Ashley sandals on one of these threads a couple of years ago and they were even better than the reviews! I walked all over Europe in them without a single blister or evening with sore feet! They are cork soles but look dressier than Birks (IMO) and have a tiny crystal across the top strap so I wore them with pants, crops and skirts and just loved them so I appreciate those who shared that with me!

My biggest stress is leaving the ship early in the AM for all-day sightseeing and not wanting to schlep a large bag with various jackets or cardigans ... I never know what the weather will be like in the fall (when we usually cruise) in a particular port from morning until early evening when you return to the ship...so I usually fall back on the layered knits again (I know - a pattern emerging here)...

I just cant trust myself with light colors - I will no doubt drop a scoop of gelato on my new white linen top or a drink in my lap...I'm much safer in black with some quick wipes tucked in my tote.

Anyway it's fun reading the ideas...I'll check back with this thread as my next cruise gets closer!

Happy Sailing!

I'm a bit of a slob myself, but one of my tricks is patterned scarves! They provide warmth (I pack cashmere, silk, cotton - based on destination weather) a little flair, and they either catch the drips OR hide the drips until I can clean up if they hit my shirt:p

Archived